• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GIVEAWAY] The House in Fata Morgana - 10 steam copies [DEADLINE 3rd June]

Creepy

Oh wow.

The House in Fata Morgana has been at the top of my steam wishlist for months now.

I love its artstyle, I'm a sucker for gothic horror romance.

I'd love a copy!

Good luck everyone.

I'm interested.

So much people praising this VN, i'm so wondering what's that all about.

Thanks for doing this, very generous of you!

And good luck everyone!

Megauap

I'm interested in playing it since a lot of people on the Steam Community Thread talks good about it.
I was waiting for the summer sale anyway but the sooner I an play it the better.

I never played the demo but I did put it on my wishlist. I know nothing about it but the artstyle, but as a fan of visual novels that might be for the best.

I've heard nothing but great things about this game, but I've avoided looking up specifics so as not to be spoiled. Haven't played the demo, but I'd love to finally give this game a try with the full version. Consider me super interested

AsfaeksBR

Shizuka posts about this game every single day in BrazilGAF, saying it's the best VN he's ever played. I've been waiting for the localization of the Vita version, but it seems this ship has sailed and we won't get this version in the west.

I'm interested in playing it after all the recommendation I've read, so thank you for the opportunity!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm working right now, so can't play the demo, but I'll definitely update this post with some impressions. Thank you for being so generous.

edit: I realize I completely forgot about this even though I had the demo downloaded, whoops. I can't give any impressions in good faith, so I'll just say I appreciate the opportunity to get a look into what had the SteamGAF community thread in a tizzy. Thanks OP.

This thread is lovely. <3

Fata Morgana is the best VN I've ever played, bar none.

There's a content advisory out there if you need that sort of thing. It's very specific and has a LOT of spoilers, though, so if you want to know if a particular concept/thing is in the game, ask me privately/with spoiler tags.

Edit: Perhaps add the OT link to the OP so that the winners can later share their impressions with us? ^^

Rimshot

I am interested! Not played the demo yet. It is awesome of you to give others a chance to play what you liked a lot :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Glad to see the game getting more support from the fans. I love the game and praise it as much as I can and Im always happy to read impressions of the people playing it. Hope those who get a copy pop in in the thread and post impressions as they go :p

gaiadyne

I keep hearing good things about this VN but I haven't had it too high on my priority list since I haven't been into reading any VNs as of late. Consider me interested :)

4Tran

I've been interested in Fata Morgana for a long time now. The only reasons I haven't bitten the bullet on it is because I've been neglecting the games I've already bought and because I know that a more complete version has released on Vita. However, I've heard fantastic things about this game so I'd love to fit it into my reading schedule.

Cubas

This has been in my wishlist for a while and I love the setting, would love to get a copy!

I actually played a bit of the demo (up to the part where the guy goes to a jeweler&#8203; or something like that? I can't remember) and got quite intrigued by it. Been meaning to play it ever since.

Don't know in which group I fit tho, as I played the demo and didn't finish.

deadfolk

Very decent of you to do this OP.

I've played them demo and am interested, but I'll sit this one out and pick it up myself at some point.

Shizuka

Shizuka posts about this game every single day in BrazilGAF, saying it's the best VN he's ever played. I've been waiting for the localization of the Vita version, but it seems this ship has sailed and we won't get this version in the west.

I'm interested in playing it after all the recommendation I've read, so thank you for the opportunity!

Really? I wonder...

OniBaka

I actually played a bit of the demo (up to the part where the guy goes to a jeweler&#8203; or something like that? I can't remember) and got quite intrigued by it. Been meaning to play it ever since.

Don't know in which group I fit tho, as I played the demo and didn't finish.

Plenty of time to keep going into demo and post impressions. The demo is quite long so doing first chapter is enough, though second chapter has some amazing moments.

duppolo

sometimes the best part of a game its not the gameplay. sometimes, that kind of game stay in my hearth more then mario or one of the multiplayer game where i have 100+ hour spent.

SugarDave

I've had this on my wishlist since reading some impressions on here a few months ago, so I'm interested.

Thanks for doing this, OP. Very generous.

Thud

I'm very interested. I knew about the game because people were talking about it when Xanadu Next (another Falcom gem) launched on steam.

Played a few VN's such as Higurashi before, so I'm not new to the concept. Either way it's a good reminder that this game exists, thanks OP.

Oh wow thanks for doing this giveaway :D. I've been getting into VNs pretty heavily the past couple of months and this was recommended to me by a fewllow gaffer some months ago, so I've been hankering to try it out all the more so since it seems like it's one that really packs a punch. Would love to give it a shot :D.

Shantom

I'm interested, it's been on my wishlist for a while. Thanks for doing this OP!

Edit: Played the demo, loved it, bought it. Take me off the giveaway list :)

Mr. Hyde

I am a huge fan of well written VNs and the tone of this game seems right up my alley. I will nab the demo when I get home so I can write up my impression. Awesome of you for doing this!

OniBaka

Don't blame you guys for keeping it on your wish list as I was the same and didn't like playing visual novels on pc but the game was always on the back of my head.

Once I cleared most my backlog this year I said screw it I'll get it and now I'm dreading it that I didn't get it sooner.

Everyone should experience how shitty this game will make you feel. Just tragic story after tragic story. Hope whoever wins enjoys it.

Cels

i just played part of the demo.

so first off i think the default resolution is 800x600 which is kind of a turnoff but this isn't a visual showcase game anyway.

but on to the actual story:
this first sentence doesn't really spoil anything: you wake up, you don't know who you are, you know that you're in a dark mansion and then a maid comes and asks you questions and takes you on a journey through the first door: spoilers for first door:
Poor Mell and Nell, and the white-haired girl. you learn they are half-siblings, but just like that, you are whisked back to the dark mansion.
and that's where i stopped. really intrigued so far.

are there choices to be made in this VN? the only choice I've seen so far is whether to say good morning or nothing at all to the maid.

i just played part of the demo.

so first off i think the default resolution is 800x600 which is kind of a turnoff but this isn't a visual showcase game anyway.

but on to the actual story:
this first sentence doesn't really spoil anything: you wake up, you don't know who you are, you know that you're in a dark mansion and then a maid comes and asks you questions and takes you on a journey through the first door: spoilers for first door:
Poor Mell and Nell, and the white-haired girl. you learn they are half-siblings, but just like that, you are whisked back to the dark mansion.
and that's where i stopped. really intrigued so far.

are there choices to be made in this VN? the only choice I've seen so far is whether to say good morning or nothing at all to the maid.

The demo actually ends with a choice that gives different scenes. I don't know how consequential it is to the full story though.

OniBaka

Yeah I think more choices pop up after either 2nd or 3rd chapter, the demo finishes at 2nd chapter I believe.

Cels

so i finished the demo

like a good book it keeps you wanting more, everything is clearly connected but you just don't know how yet

Top Bottom