• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

So will this be like Majin Tensei? Really the weirdest and best announcement of this Nintendo Direct. Will have to buy a Wii U sooner than I expected.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Hope this game has a bunch of remixed music. What I would give for Dark Emperor Hardin and Clash of Two Virtues.

randomkid

Kaneko designed Fire Emblem characters would certainly be a way to get me interested in Fire Emblem characters. I don't really expect any involvement from him though on something as wacky as this but we'll see.

Also since when is this Dantis dude the big Shin Megami Tensei fanatic around here, isn't he more of a Soejima game fella, I bet he hasn't even beaten anything but SMT3 blah blah snobbery blah blah elitism

What part of "ATLUS DIDN'T DEVELOP PERSONA 4 ARENA" is so hard for you people to understand? >_>;

It's not really related... I even completely forgot about the existence of that game since I can't play it anyway...

It's just that I feel that a fighter is an easy way to make a crossover videogame between two distinctly different genres. And I hope that they don't choose the "easy way" to do it.

iavi

Kaneko designed Fire Emblem characters would certainly be a way to get me interested in Fire Emblem characters. I don't really expect any involvement from him though on something as wacky as this but we'll see.

Also since when is this Dantis dude the big Shin Megami Tensei fanatic around here, isn't he more of a Soejima game fella, I bet he hasn't even beaten anything but SMT3 blah blah snobbery blah blah elitism

I hope Kozaki designs the whole thing.

you know they only showed megaten characters but this is a major fanservice console release from atlus so i would be shocked if Pursoner characters don't get in somehow

Yeah, I don´t get the hate the Raidou Kuzunoha games get, specially 2 which is supperb.

The first is pretty awful, and the second, while generally pretty great (including the best incarnation of "Hit enemy weaknesses for bonus!!!" system since the Press Turn), was choked by budget constraints

iavi

I wonder if the Devil Survivor director is working on this.

DS2: Overclocked is rumored to be in the works to coincide with the anime. He might be on that, though I'm not sure if that holds since, I'm not sure if he was on DS1: Overclocked.

Alrus

So I'm a bit confused, the EU trailer says PEGI 12 at the begining... Why didn't they show a bit more of the game if it's already rated?

Vamphuntr

I love both Megaten and Fire Emblem so I'm quite curious and excited about this. Hopefully they do a better job than the Pokemon x Nobunaga crossover game.

you know they only showed megaten characters but this is a major fanservice console release from atlus so i would be shocked if Pursoner characters don't get in somehow

I thought they didn't use the SMT branding for Persona in Japan?

The Hermit

Megaten x FE, pokemon x nobunaga, Layton x Phoenix Wright...
Not to mention that 3DS game that is getting localized here btw.

I think its getting a bit silly, don't you?

The first is not pretty awful, wow. Since when did it have that reputation?

You're constantly fighting random battles, you have to hoof it back to Victor's to do fusion, you can't fuse demons unless you max their loyalty, you can only have one demon summoned at a time in battle, demons can only have two action skills and demons that can cast magic will spam it until they run out of MP, forcing you to either pay a ridiculous sum to Nakisawame or hoof it back to Victor's for healing. You will have to fight like three or four low level random encounter each time you enter the area with Konno-ya in it. It's pretty bad.

Berordn

Well, one of those has little to do with Nintendo outside of being on the platform.

But if they sell, why not?

Vamphuntr

You're constantly fighting random battles, you have to hoof it back to Victor's to do fusion, you can't fuse demons unless you max their loyalty, you can only have one demon summoned at a time in battle, demons can only have two action skills and demons that can cast magic will spam it until they run out of MP, forcing you to either pay a ridiculous sum to Nakisawame or hoof it back to Victor's for healing. You will have to fight like three or four low level random encounter each time you enter the area with Konno-ya in it. It's pretty bad.

You forgot the worse offender: You have to mash a button to capture demons.

Well, this was about the most unexpected development.

I've yet to play a Fire Emblem game, but I'm really interested to see how this turns out.

Mr. Fix

DS2: Overclocked is rumored to be in the works to coincide with the anime. He might be on that, though I'm not sure if that holds since, I'm not sure if he was on DS1: Overclocked.

Wait, seriously? Shittttttt. The transition from DS1:O to DS2 would have been so awkward. I hope it's true.

Verelios

Holy shit. Please, yes.

Megaton.

I wouldn't even dream of this cross-over in a million god damn years, but I want it. FE combat and cameo's with Shin social structures and cameo's, my heart! My heart!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope Persona is represented in this.

Fandangox

I hope Persona is represented in this.

At this point it became so popular that it pretty much became a separate franchise, so I don't think there will be persona in the game.

If there is it will probably be more centered around the first 2(3) games. I'd be ok with that.

I only want that if Intelligent get to go nuts too.

Basically, if the end of this game isn't the Demi-fiend commanding Orange Star against Sunglasses Hitler's army of mages, I'm firebombing Iwata's house.

Beth Cyra

At this point it became so popular that it pretty much became a separate franchise, so I don't think there will be persona in the game.

If there is it will probably be more centered around the first 2(3) games. I'd be ok with that.
Became separate? It always has been, Persona has never been a MegaTen title in Japan.

Platy

Getting sillier is the WHOLE POINT of a crossover xD

Also, the only oficial nintendo crossovers are this one and nobunaga.

Dantis

Digital Devil Saga always gets ignored. :(

Naah! People love it!

I see a lot of people talk about the soundtrack on GAF, also.

As an aside, I'm just going to throw this out there: Soejima on character design. More anime than Kaneko, less anime than Fire Emblem. He's like the halfway point!

Naah! People love it!

I see a lot of people talk about the soundtrack on GAF, also.

As an aside, I'm just going to throw this out there: Soejima on character design. More anime than Kaneko, less anime than Fire Emblem. He's like the halfway point!

Whatever prolongs the wait for P5, huh?

Top Bottom