• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Vita version of Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions

Good I guess

I'm have fairly high hopes for BL2 on vita

Most likely unrealisitcally high as I loved it on consoles

I'm worried the port will be poor if just due to the size contraints on vita games

Aren't vita game carts like 8 gbs max?

BL2 on PC is almost 20 gb if memory serves

Is ubisoft known for making bad vita ports then?

Iron Galaxy is doing the port of Borderlands Vita, and they're a good developer so It should end up well. 3.3GB is actually the max on Vita. File sizes shrink a lot from console game to Vita game though, they should be able to make it fit right in to 3.3GB. Remember it was 6.4 GB on Xbox 360.

Ubisoft isn't known for bad Vita ports at all really. Rayman Origins was very good! Which makes the situation with Legends all the more frustrating.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
They are this game's version of time trials. I BELIEVE 28 levels have Invaded versions. These stages take 40-60 seconds to complete and have leaderboards.

Still don't understand that. Who is to claim objectively whether co-op or portability is better?

Portability is subjective in the sense that home console version can be played on a much bigger screen in return.

How is extra contents being subjective? It make no sense.

baconcow

The Vita version is the only one my gf and I can take with us and play when we're away from home together (co-op). It is too bad they likely hacked some of the content away.

Famassu

What are people afraid that they'll miss in the levels that weren't included?
The speedruns are the best that these two new Rayman games have to offer. The rest of the content is great, but it's when you have to push yourself to your limits that they truly shine with the incredibly imaginative levels & tight controls.

VanWinkle

Portability is subjective in the sense that home console version can be played on a much bigger screen in return.

How is extra contents being subjective? It make no sense.

Co-op isn't extra content. If you're referring to the Invasion levels that are missing, I agree. I already said that this WOULD have been the definitive version for me had it not had this random and sudden omission.

Jeels

The speedruns are the best that these two new Rayman games have to offer. The rest of the content is great, but it's when you have to push yourself to your limits that they truly shine with the incredibly imaginative levels & tight controls.

Thanks, but if they are essentially time trials I think I am still good. :) Time trials stress me out anyway, and if they are using levels you traverse through anyway I think its fine. Would have been nice to have them there but I wouldn't have done em anyway.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Co-op isn't extra content. If you're referring to the Invasion levels that are missing, I agree. I already said that this WOULD have been the definitive version for me had it not had this random and sudden omission.

Co-op is part of the game, so it really means content imo. But i don't think its the point here anyway.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I wasn't getting it on launch day, since I have so many other things on my plate, but I'm still getting the Vita version. I really do think that it may be a storage issue. I wonder how big the download is on PSN. I have yet to see a Vita game on the store larger than 3.5 GB. Ubisoft may have had to make a hard decision to cut some stuff to keep it within limitations, and perhaps release it later as DLC.

I imagine we'll hear more on it after the weekend /holiday.

Storage issue my fuckin ass. The PS3 version is 2 gigs.
2 GB? The PS3 version should be about the same size as the Wii U version. Where did you even hear this ridiculous 2 GB size for PS3 version?

The game is native res + 60 fps on VITA. It is also 1080p and 60 fps on all three consoles.
S2t8k8p.jpg

There is no major difference between each version except for the exclusives for Wii U and on VITA.

Thanks, but if they are essentially time trials I think I am still good. :) Time trials stress me out anyway, and if they are using levels you traverse through anyway I think its fine. Would have been nice to have them there but I wouldn't have done em anyway.
I have seen patches as big as 1 GB for VITA games so i don't see any reason they can't add them back via Patch. Hopefully, they will do it so otherwise i am in the same boat as yours. I am not really a fan of the Time Trials.

Famassu

Yeah I still want to remain positive and believe that maybe the full game didn't fit on Vita game card and we'll get the cut content in a Day1 or post-release patch/as free DLC and that's why Ubisoft hasn't said anything about cutting content. After the wonderful Rayman Origins Vita port, I just want to believe they haven't gimped Legends Vita :/

I'll wait untill we hear some official statements, but this needs to be patched in via free DLC or I'll just buy it when it hits bomba price level.

Tricky I Shadow must be totally going insane right now from grief.

I'm feeling both disappointed and annoyed. Disappointed because I really want to play this on the Vita, but with all the missing levels I'm now going to probably switch to the PS3 version. And I'm annoyed for obvious reasons........the fact that Ubisoft has said absolutely nothing on this is such a massive dick move. It's also annoying because now I don't know if they'll patch in the levels or add them as DLC, so I don't really wanna pick up the PS3 version until I know what the full situation is. It'll be interesting to read just why they did this nonsense.

I'm feeling both disappointed and annoyed. Disappointed because I really want to play this on the Vita, but with all the missing levels I'm now going to probably switch to the PS3 version. And I'm annoyed for obvious reasons........the fact that Ubisoft has said absolutely nothing on this is such a massive dick move. It's also annoying because now I don't know if they'll patch in the levels or add them as DLC, so I don't really wanna pick up the PS3 version until I know what the full situation is. It'll be interesting to read just why they did this nonsense.

I'd say if we don't know by launch day that they're putting out the invasion levels as a patch/DLC it's probably not going to happen. They probably wouldn't officially put it out looking like content is missing if that content was still coming.

So just do what I'm doing - wait till release day, don't make any preorders or anything, and if we hit release and nothing has been said just go PS3, it's not worth waiting for them to make a likely disappointing statement.

I'd say if we don't know by launch day that they're putting out the invasion levels as a patch/DLC it's probably not going to happen. They probably wouldn't officially put it out looking like content is missing if that content was still coming.

So just do what I'm doing - wait till release day, don't make any preorders or anything, and if we hit release and nothing has been said just go PS3, it's not worth waiting for them to make a likely disappointing statement.

You're more than likely right. And I plan on doing exactly what you’re doing. It’ll suck to drop the Vita version, but I feel I’ll have no choice.

I’ve already got the Vita version pre-ordered, but on launch day if I haven’t heard anything I’ll just cancel it and pick up the PS3 version....

You're more than likely right. And I plan on doing exactly what you’re doing. It’ll suck to drop the Vita version, but I feel I’ll have no choice.

I’ve already got the Vita version pre-ordered, but on launch day if I haven’t heard anything I’ll just cancel it and pick up the PS3 version....

I actually bought a $50 PSN card to download Rayman and Spelunky on Vita with last week! I was all in on that Vita version man.

I'll just roll over the Rayman money to Killzone: Merc though, so no harm done. As much as I'd rather play the Vita version it isn't worth it if it's gimped in terms on content. Even if it's a cheaper version, I'm the type of person who'd rather pay more and get a full game than pay less and get less.

I've cancelled my order, and will wait for it to drop, I won't buy an inferior version of a game that is around the same price of superior versions

2 GB? The PS3 version should be about the same size as the Wii U version. Where did you even hear this ridiculous 2 GB size for PS3 version?

Cause I downloaded the digital version of the game. It even says it in the SEN store if you don't believe me. Disc version is bigger cause it most likely is much more uncompressed.
H2ElN4T.png

Frillen

I just beat the game and this should be a deal breaker if you like to be challenged. The invasion levels were always the ones I looked the most forward to to unlock and beat. If you like a nice challenge, stay far away from the Vita version.

Cause I downloaded the digital version of the game. It even says it in the SEN store if you don't believe me. Disc version is bigger cause it most likely is much more uncompressed.
H2ElN4T.png

The Wii U download is over 7GB. I wonder if there's some crazy compression for the download, but the install takes it up to the 6.5GB someone mentioned for the PS3 version.

It's actually something I've noticed and find irritating about the PS3 store; the actual HDD space required is sometimes far greater than the download would lead you to believe. Given the horrendously slow store, it's really frustrating to think you have enough space only to be told that you'll need to back out and delete stuff first.

Would you be able to check the size of the installed game on your PS3? That would be helpful. :)

ascii42

The Wii U download is over 7GB. I wonder if there's some crazy compression for the download, but the install takes it up to the 6.5GB someone mentioned for the PS3 version.

It's actually something I've noticed and find irritating about the PS3 store; the actual HDD space required is sometimes far greater than the download would lead you to believe. Given the horrendously slow store, it's really frustrating to think you have enough space only to be told that you'll need to back out and delete stuff first.

Would you be able to check the size of the installed game on your PS3? That would be helpful. :)
On the PS3, you need double the download size to install. Basically, because the installer and the installed game take up separate space. Once the install is finished, you don't need the extra space anymore.

On the PS3, you need double the download size to install. Basically, because the installer and the installed game take up separate space. Once the install is finished, you don't need the extra space anymore.

Okay, that ridiculous solution was obviously put in place just to drive me nuts. So for Tekken TT2 you'd need more than 34GB going free?

I assume that will not be the case on PS4, but if it is, it's a better bulletpoint for Xbox One than "POWER OF THE CLOUD!". ;)

So wii u is best version?

It has the most content overall and I think the majority seem to prefer the way the Murphy levels work on it. Having said that, the way they're handled on PC/PS3/360 seems decent enough, and there are some who actually prefer that. I'd definitely go for the Wii U version if you have the console, but there's no need to rush out and buy one if you've no intention of buying one in the near future.

DedValve

Banned
Was gonna buy this on launch but thanks for saving me $40 op. I'll either wait for a price drop or for a patch even though I shouldn't have to waste valuable space.

Xater

I was already on the fence about getting this but without these levels no dice. Ubi better has an explanation for this.

Nope. But it's the weekend and tons of the game journos are at PAX too. Hopefully come Monday we can get a comment. :/

You'd think a gaf loving journo would ask them at PAX?

At least then we might get an answer/acknowledgement of the content on their behalf...

Sigh.

I'm not too bothered, I'd still like PSV content complete (even if I never play invasion levels).

I tried approaching their twitter.

VanWinkle

Well hey, someone wrote about this! Hopefully some other sites start picking this up now that the weekend is over.

Didn't seem to mention them reaching out to Ubisoft, which is unfortunate. We need members of the press to contact Ubi to increase our chances of an answer.

I do think press should hold out until the retail version comes out before they jump on board with this. For all we know, Ubisoft was planning on a day one patch and had no idea people would find out that the Invasion levels weren't there on the cart. Unlikely, but that's what we should wait.

Didn't seem to mention them reaching out to Ubisoft, which is unfortunate. We need members of the press to contact Ubi to increase our chances of an answer.

I do think press should hold out until the retail version comes out before they jump on board with this. For all we know, Ubisoft was planning on a day one patch and had no idea people would find out that the Invasion levels weren't there on the cart. Unlikely, but that's what we should wait.

Yeah, I was hoping they would mention something about trying to get a quote. Too bad.

And I do understand them waiting for the retail release. I have to imagine some of them have review copies at this point though, and could check themselves. Ideally this stuff could be sorted before the game is released and some people inevitably get burned. I'm not too hopeful about that patch, but I sure hope that it exists.

Top Bottom