• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

BD1

Banned
You think an exclusive Saints Row 4 in 2014/2015 would turn Wii U's fortunes around? Especially when it's after the next gen systems launch? It would be a waste of time and money for Nintendo to do that.

Ok, I get it. You are anti Nintendo and anti Wii U.

Since you cherry picked what I wrote to support your agenda, I'll rephrase what I said. Nintendo won't buy any of these studios, but if any number of them end up as independent after the sale, Nintendo could contract them to develop an exclusive for Wii U to boost its library.

Patryn

I thought it was a THQ dev?

Obsidian is an independent studio. Hence, their kickstarter.

In fact, South Park would have been their first game published by THQ.

I'm personally rooting for Square-Enix to pick up Volition, but I wonder if Sleeping Dogs will make that more unlikely.

BibiMaghoo

i am guessing that EA's focus will be on Volition and Saints Row

Most likely, perhaps Darksiders aswell.

"You either die a hero, or you live to see yourself become the villain"

i.e: I don't want a shitty f2p DoW game like EA's AoE online and the upcoming C&C

I get this sentiment, but Relics RTS games would make a good addition to EAs roster. They currently lack a starcraft / activision competitor, and Relic would be great to provide that imho.

I don't want to assume that EA will ruin every franchise they ever own.

evangd007

If EA buying Relic gets me Dawn of War 3, then I'm ok with that.

DoW 3, f2p with microtransactions? Sounds good? EA has a habit of making good things by accident, then once they realize that they are good, trying to make them mass market and turning them to shit.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really hope Darksiders ends up at Ubisoft or Take Two.

The Warhammer 40K licence won't be up for sale, right?

Patryn

I really hope Darksiders ends up at Ubisoft or Take Two.

The Warhammer 40K licence won't be up for sale, right?

I think it can be assumed that both WWE and Games Workshop will be revoking their license agreements in the wake of the bankruptcy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think it can be assumed that both WWE and Games Workshop will be revoking their license agreements in the wake of the bankruptcy.
I hope that's the case.

Personally, I wouldn't mind never getting another Dawn of War game again, and having GW shop around for an RPG, or something that'd do proper world building. Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor. More stuff along the lines of Space Marine.

Warner would be a nice fit for Darksiders as well.

XPE

I take it Crytek is no longer making Home front, I wonder if they will buy the IP to add to their catalogue.

Derrick01

Banned
EA buys Obsidian to make Mass Effect 4.

Believe.

Edit: oh it's independent studio.

Even if that was possible I'm pretty sure I would jump off a skyscraper.

I mean my dream game is an Obsidian developed ME with full freedom, but that requires them remaining independent.

DocStar

Neo Member
Hell... please not EA. The only scumbag-publisher missing is Activision.
Please Warner, do yourself something good and buy Relic and Volition and their respective IPs!

Quentyn

Trademarks that are owned by THQ right now:

yA99T.png

Anyone want to bid a couple of bucks to get uDraw?

Kifimbo

Hum, looking at that list, could EA buy Homefront and let Crytek finish the game (since they already are partners with Crysis) ? Will Crytek buy it themselves if they are confident enough in the quality of the game ?

HoosTrax

What's with all the "Valve" in this thread. Seems pretty delusional to think they would buy a studio (a real one, not a bunch of modders / indies).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hum, looking at that list, could EA buy Homefront and let Crytek finish the game (since they already are partners with Crysis) ? Will Crytek buy it themselves if they are confident enough in the quality of the game ?

I've considered the latter possibility for a while, but I'm not sure if Crytek has the capital available, since Homefront was a pretty successful game commercially at least.

Isn't CoH2 pretty much done? Like, whoever buys Relic, will let them ship that untarnished at least...right? :( Hope everyone finds a good home...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hell... please not EA. The only scumbag-publisher missing is Activision.
Please Warner, do yourself something good and buy Relic and Volition and their respective IPs!

pretty much, WB wont shit on the IPs and studios we love like EA or Ubi.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Trademarks that are owned by THQ right now:

Anyone want to bid a couple of bucks to get uDraw?

That's probably the sorriest list of IP I've seen. That's why they're at where they are. Saints Row is most likely the only one worth buying.

Derrick01

Banned
pretty much, WB wont shit on the IPs and studios we love like EA or Ubi.

WB as far as I know is the only one to pull off the impressive trio of GFWL, Steamworks and Securom all in the same game. Their PC support is probably even more disastrous than EA and Ubi if Arkham City is anything to go by. (1fps DX11 mode!!!)

Labadal

Maybe that can happen along with an EA CD Projekt logo on Thursday.
Shut your dirty virtual mouth!
They could and I wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

I think they'll also go for SR IP and keep the devs around. Darksiders is either Square Enix or Warner. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a movie coming out of that franchise.

Saty

WB targeting Relic should be the main thing WB should be doing. They don't have a RTS ip; they don't have a PC-centric team and IP; they aren't in the best spot to throw their hat in the resurgent PC market and F2P games.

Buy Relic - Make good LOTR RTS games \ LOTR MOBA that would attract more attention and quality than their recent console-only LOTR MOBA attempt.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Am I the only thinking that EA can outbid anyone and so they're getting whatever they want?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
WB as far as I know is the only one to pull off the impressive trio of GFWL, Steamworks and Securom all in the same game. Their PC support is probably even more disastrous than EA and Ubi if Arkham City is anything to go by. (1fps DX11 mode!!!)

WB is going Steamworks more and more these days,see their latest games(for an example Scribblenauts and Lego Batman).

WB buying THQ is better than we getting forced to shitty clients like Uplay(ubi) or Origin(EA).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope Saints Row ends up somewhere that understands the point of the series and it doesn't end up as a GTA4 at some point with all the fun taken out, can't say I care about any of their other properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom