• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley |OT| Resting Under a Harvest Moon [Up: now on PS4]

Come on bro, no other game causes this shit. Not doom not nothing just this piece of shit version. Do u have a ps4 pro and have played more than a couple of hours. You would know if you did. Go check the stardew forums for more proof if u want.

I have a Pro and had issues with rest mode and this game, but this one is squarely Sony's fault. There's no reason that an application should be able to hinder core functionality of the system.

brerwolfe

Super disappointed there wasn't any Switch news at E3. Thought for sure they'd say something like "available for download today!"

I stopped playing Stardew ps4 once I realized how great the Switch was. Now it's a waiting game...

RaginRoss

Mystery solved - checked the list and it was a dude with glasses I was missing.

Was fairly obviously from there that it was the doctor.

Made a good bit of progress last night - completed my first bundle and started the upgrade for my watering can.

Unfortunately I hadn't realised I was going to lose it for a day or so and had just planted a load of crops - i'm hoping they don't die while I wait :(

See I would have guessed it was either Willie, who you have to greet after meeting him in that cutscene, or Sebastian, who keeps weird hours.

I don't think crops die from not being watered, they just miss that day of growth.

RaginRoss

See I would have guessed it was either Willie, who you have to greet after meeting him in that cutscene, or Sebastian, who keeps weird hours.

I think i'd only been into the clinic once at a time when he wasn't there for whatever reason. As soon as I saw he had glasses I assumed that's where he would be. Pretty sure I met Sebastian in the bar when he was playing pool.

I don't think crops die from not being watered, they just miss that day of growth.

Ah that's good to know - thanks.

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
Hey guys! for those of you patiently waiting on both Xbox One and Playstation 4 for the 1.2 update that came to PC recently, it's finally here!

Stardew Valley is now available to play in seven different languages; English, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian-Portuguese! While localization is the main feature of this update, 1.2 also includes controller improvements and important bug fixes. Check the full patch notes here!

If you guys prefer the old way of navigating the interface you can toggle between that and the new snappy controls in the options menu. Personally I find the new snappy controls to be a huge improvement!

Matbtz

Hey guys! for those of you patiently waiting on both Xbox One and Playstation 4 for the 1.2 update that came to PC recently, it's finally here!

Stardew Valley is now available to play in seven different languages; English, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Brazilian-Portuguese! While localization is the main feature of this update, 1.2 also includes controller improvements and important bug fixes. Check the full patch notes here!

If you guys prefer the old way of navigating the interface you can toggle between that and the new snappy controls in the options menu. Personally I find the new snappy controls to be a huge improvement!

Great :) Any news you can give us about the Switch version ? (Sorry if you already replied to this...)

TheKeyPit

Banned

Thanks for the news :)

Any updates as to when the Switch version will release? Last we heard, it was Summer. Is it still a Summer release? I have the game on Steam, but my daughter and I want to have the game on our Switch's as well.

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
Great :) Any news you can give us about the Switch version ? (Sorry if you already replied to this...)

Any updates as to when the Switch version will release? Last we heard, it was Summer. Is it still a Summer release? I have the game on Steam, but my daughter and I want to have the game on our Switch's as well.

It's coming! We'll announce a release date as soon as we've got one. I am eager to play Stardew on the switch myself!

Does it fix the PS4 Pro rest mode issue?

This issue was a bug in the OS on the PS4 Pro and it should have been fixed in one of their recent system software updates. There's nothing we can do on our end as it isn't directly caused by Stardew Valley, but this should be fixed already.

Awesome! I am glad there is Brazilian Portuguese now. Thanks a lot. Downloading the patch right now.

Head.spawn

Bought this game a few days ago on Xbox.

Proceeded to play about 8 hours straight, until my eyes hurt. The following day my wife literally did the same thing. She was at like Spring Day 12 or something when she started, when i woke up she had chickens, a silo, 53 levels into the mining cave, around day 12 of Fall, lol.

Its fair to say I'm digging it. Literally the only thing that has managed to pull me away from Netflix and Overwatch in a while.

It's coming! We'll announce a release date as soon as we've got one. I am eager to play Stardew on the switch myself!

Thanks for the reply. I'll let my daughter know. She got so jealous watching me play it on Steam earlier this year. She's a Mincraft kid, and I'm excited to bring her over to Stardew Valley. Not to mention, i.wamt to play it at work, and at home.

Mudo

Has the PS4 Pro issue ever been resolved???? I stopped playing when all that info came out. Really want to get back to it as i absolutely love it but don't want to mess the console up..

TheKeyPit

Banned
Has the PS4 Pro issue ever been resolved???? I stopped playing when all that info came out. Really want to get back to it as i absolutely love it but don't want to mess the console up..
This issue was a bug in the OS on the PS4 Pro and it should have been fixed in one of their recent system software updates. There's nothing we can do on our end as it isn't directly caused by Stardew Valley, but this should be fixed already.

HeeHo

I bought the PC version even though I kind of wanted it on Pro. I held back because of the issues I heard about the Pro version.

It also seems like a game that is way easier to play on a PC compared to a console, kinda like Terraria. Is that the case here too?

DNAbro

I like the option of the new controller controlled menus but I'm so used to the free control I have to turn it off. Nice option to have though.

Robso

Has anybody tried the PS4 Pro version since the patch? I'm curious as to how things are. Same for the One. Has the patch helped?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Freezing, rest mode problems, and effecting other games starting up after having played Stardew, are issues I've seen reported.

I deleted the game on PS4, had already invested close to 100 hours to this game.

I'm now waiting for the, well you know, Switch version.

I was really, REALLY looking forward to have this during my summer holidays in August, but now it seems far-fetched. Such a bummer :-(

I love this game but I really wish the devs would up the drop rate of some of the artifacts. Or increase areas where some of them drop. Game is tedious for completionists :(

No French localization? Is the Russian market bigger than the Francophonie's?

Videospel

Just bought the game on Steam. I'm playing with a controller and using the controller menu function. Is there any way to drop items on the ground without switching to mouse and keyboard? I've tried different things, but so far I can only delete items.

Tagg9

Was there any release period given for multiplayer? As soon as they've got that going, I'll definitely buy in and play with a friend.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Is there no date for the Switch version yet? I thought it was stated for Summer.

Yeah, I think that was the plan. It doesn't seem like we're getting any indie Switch release dates until a week or two before they actually come out, judging by how things have gone so far. I imagine if I rewatched that Nindies presentation, I'd realize that we have no dates for like 80% of those games.

Edit: found a list, I was right: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...witch-nindies-revealed-in-today-s-infographic

Seems weird that we're 5 months beyond that presentation with so little to show from it.

I've been playing this for a bit on PC but thinking of buying another copy for PS4, does it control alright on controller?

Yes, I find it to control perfectly fine. Some people don't, but it doesn't bother me. Also, they just patched in better controller support. But you don't have to use it, if you prefer the original controller scheme when the game was released for PS4

Flarin

I finally "beat the game" the other day by completing the community center. Spoilers(?)
Was pretty shocked to see that almost nothing happened. I was hoping for some kind of event or special item. All I got was a piece of mail thanking me.
After this is there really anything else to do? I've gone to the bottom of the mine and decked out my farm as much as I'm willing to. I'm kind of just doing the daily loop and getting bored now.

Are there any extra secrets or anything else I'm missing that I could be doing? I could start over I suppose, but I wanna play on Switch, whenever that happens.

Edit: Sorry if people see this bump expecting a Switch or multi-player update :p I'm there with you waiting patiently.

gun_haver

I've been playing this.

Man I've gotta get some kind of sprinkler system in place soon cos watering all this shit every damn morning...

Brakke

Banned
There's a whole fight scene when you complete the community center.

Anyway, for "postgame" stuff there's meeting the Witch I guess? Mostly there's achievement chasing. If making some lovely new farm layout isn't satisfying for you any more, then you're probably just done.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I finally "beat the game" the other day by completing the community center. Spoilers(?)
Was pretty shocked to see that almost nothing happened. I was hoping for some kind of event or special item. All I got was a piece of mail thanking me.
After this is there really anything else to do? I've gone to the bottom of the mine and decked out my farm as much as I'm willing to. I'm kind of just doing the daily loop and getting bored now.

Are there any extra secrets or anything else I'm missing that I could be doing? I could start over I suppose, but I wanna play on Switch, whenever that happens.

Edit: Sorry if people see this bump expecting a Switch or multi-player update :p I'm there with you waiting patiently.
Nah, you need all candles lit before you are even allowed to say that you've "beat the game".

Flarin

There's a whole fight scene when you complete the community center.

Anyway, for "postgame" stuff there's meeting the Witch I guess? Mostly there's achievement chasing. If making some lovely new farm layout isn't satisfying for you any more, then you're probably just done.

That's a bummer. I was hoping for a little something more. The idea of starting over sounds kind of appealing, as long as I can take it on the go. Hopefully after the Switch port and multi-player update he continues to update the game. Would be cool!

Nah, you need all candles lit before you can even say that you've "beat the game".

I don't even know what this means! :O

Top Bottom