• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Corpekata

Banned
Wait, why are they pushing the disc to 2017 if there's only 5 more episodes to be added? April to August would be when the 6th location is added, unless they're planning to do more than the original 6?

They haven't set the months for the last 3. They make it sound like it'll be monthly until 3rd episode, then after than it'll likely be every 2 months for the final 3 with a big monthly update in between that doesn't add a location.

etta

my hard graphic balls
They haven't set the months for the last 3. They make it sound like it'll be monthly until 3rd episode, then after than it'll likely be every 2 months for the final 3 with a big monthly update in between that doesn't add a location.
Oh, interesting.

Isn't only six episodes going to feel a little scarce? Blood Money had some really big levels and the amount of total levels was decent too. Of course with all these levels being huge and many ways to dispose of your target, there's plenty of replay value but I don't know, six sounds too few.

MUnited83

For you.
Isn't only six episodes going to feel a little scarce? Blood Money had some really big levels and the amount of total levels was decent too. Of course with all these levels being huge and many ways to dispose of your target, there's plenty of replay value but I don't know, six sounds too few.
Considering how big the levels are and how much more ways to approach your objectives exist, plus with Contracts mode, elusive targets and Community challenges....
6 locations seems more than fine. It seems the next locations will have two main missions each. So the content will easily outdo Blood Money.

Metalmarc

Ugh, I don't know whether I should take the plunge and get the £45 full experience or if i should get the £12 intro pack. The problem is buying the intro pack and then the upgrade pack costs £49 versus the full experience at £45, I enjoyed the beta but i'm concerned whether future content will be any good or will even come out.

I bought intro from the u.s store for about $15 which is equivelent to £10.50 here, but i will have to remeber if i buy the rest of the episodes to buy them then from the usa which will then end up costing me £63, if theyre gonna be 6x$15 = $90 or £63, damn it's more in the long run so hmmm, i may have screwed up.

Unless theres a upgrade to complete pack in april instead of buying one by one.

Considering how big the levels are and how much more ways to approach your objectives exist, plus with Contracts mode, elusive targets and Community challenges....
6 locations seems more than fine. It seems the next locations will have two main missions each. So the content will easily outdo Blood Money.

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?

Oynox

I guess they want to push people to buy the digital release, since they pushed the retail to 2017... Meh, now I want to play the Intro Pack as well.

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?

I really don't think this will be the case.
You will also have unlimited online contracts (300 different and unique targets in Paris).

MUnited83

For you.
Even if the base location is the same, there's quite a lot that will change in itself and so providing a very different experience.

Foffy

Banned
Wait, why are they pushing the disc to 2017 if there's only 5 more episodes to be added? April to August would be when the 6th location is added, unless they're planning to do more than the original 6?

The last three announced locations have not been given months, and they've confirmed a seventh episode is now coming as well.

I wonder how it will play out.
Tokyo was and may still be penned to be the final location.

NZerker12

I bought intro from the u.s store for about $15 which is equivelent to £10.50 here, but i will have to remeber if i buy the rest of the episodes to buy them then from the usa which will then end up costing me £63, if theyre gonna be 6x$15 = $90 or £63, damn it's more in the long run so hmmm, i may have screwed up.

Unless theres a upgrade to complete pack in april instead of buying one by one.

Damn I didn't think of buying the US version as for the upgrade I believe there is a pack coming out after release named the Upgrade pack that allows you upgrade to the full game. So you probably still spent less in the long run compared to the UK version.

Karak

Do you mean like walked into each room? Technically that could be true, though after 4 hours in my first go I had not done so. If your goal is to just walk room to room that is absolutely possible. Like a racing game, or other game of one-upsmanship and skill improvement, getting around the track is at its most basic the lowest common denominator of the gameplay. Also true is that the variability of the incorporated systems change the flow, path and experience, such as starting in completely unique locations and with different targets. Remembering of course that alerts, killing, poisoning, disappearances of staff adjust the patrol, locations, strength, and response of those remaining.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The last three announced locations have not been given months, and they've confirmed a seventh episode is now coming as well.

I wonder how it will play out.
Tokyo was and may still be penned to be the final location.

Oh cool, so there will be an extra location for 7th episode, did they say where?

Pre-loading now, hype!!! Six more hours.

Foffy

Banned
Oh cool, so there will be an extra location for 7th episode, did they say where?

Pre-loading now, hype!!! Six more hours.

In their most recent PR stuff, they've talked about "episodes 2-7".

From their own pre-order page..

THE FULL EXPERIENCE - $59.99
With the Full Experience, you will have access to all seven episodes including the Six PlayStation®4 Exclusive contracts –The Sarajevo Six.

Paris is episode one.

Metalmarc

Damn I didn't think of buying the US version as for the upgrade I believe there is a pack coming out after release named the Upgrade pack that allows you upgrade to the full game. So you probably still spent less in the long run compared to the UK version.

Ah cool, i'll probably get the upgrade pack then

Genio88

There is already a bechmark for the review version on PC, still not sure if i should go all maxed out at 30fps or put something down, perhaps AA to achieve 60fps with my GTX 980

Capture.png

rjinaz

Did anybody that got in on the Amazon price mistake have their's canceled? I'm assuming I'll be emailed my codes at midnight.

Kawngi

I think I bought the full version with an Amazon price mistake but they haven't sent me anything and going to my account on the site doesn't show any keys or such

:(

Ephemeris

Does the intro pack [still] come with the Requiem Pack?
edit: I should add that I don't see it mentioned on the PSN preorder page

pahamrick

Something I just noticed on Amazon.com. The PC version no longer states that it comes with the bonus pre-order DLC, while the PS4/XB1 versions do.

Just a quick info for those who want to know more about community contracts: You can mark 5 targets.

Edit: And the ship is not available? Why? Am I missing something? :/
Edit: And no loadout selection in contracts mode?
Edit3: And I can't hide bodies in crates? What's going on?

Edit: This has to be a bug. I can't hide some bodies in crates. It works for others though. But what's with the loadout? Why am I not able to select costumes, weapons or other items before starting a contract?

Foffy

Banned
Paris is amazing.

One big warning that I put in my review, the game is always online. My game disconnected and it kicked me out of the mission I was in.

Could you play it offline at all? The Beta allowed people to play offline, but online was used to track server-side data and the like.

Would be pretty weird to force it on always, though...I imagine the PC community will try to break that very soon, if true.

Top Bottom