• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

That last page was far too geeky.

Silence! We must discuss Penance some more!

WBQAm.jpg

suracity

;_;

You guys remind me the feelings when I read those aftermath and "what if"...
And the perfect sarcasm "iron patriot"...

And if you really want to know more about civil war, I recommend reading Illuminati prelude as well.

Everything after Civil War when osbourne takes over shield and trys to acquisition all of the iron armors from tony along with lots of other shit. He has been humiliated and humbled because of it. His current path to being the green energy's rising start is gaining back his humanity.

Tom_Cody

...well I guess I'm not reading the rest of Civil War then. I scratched my head at some of the shit Stark did but I didn't know it went to that degree.
I thought his actions/motivations in Civil War were entirely justified. That's what makes the concept of the book so appealing. Although I fully understand each sides' argument, I actually side more with Stark.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If were gonna talk about out of character, I think the wasp is the only one who is true to herself here

avengerscreated_thumb.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Its fine, go ahead and read it, dont let a one sided argument sway you.
I've only read the main issues (6 of them, I believe?, not all the periphery stuff. Liked it well enough but Stark's sudden, hardened allegiance with the government over hero-kind struck me off guard, but I rolled with it. And then it seems like he was possessed while carrying out these acts, going beyond just being a dick and more like him having his morals replaced. Almost villainized. By no means a comprehensive impression, but my impression nonetheless. Like they were just setting up that ending by making Stark the way he was.

Okay, makes sense. It was clear Banner didn't trust SHIELD.

Really, the movie did a good job of establishing the Hulk as the world's biggest ticking time bomb, so I wish the plot had just ran with that. Bring the Avengers together to tame/recruit Banner, and slowly build the cosmic threat in parallel to the Hulk related team building stuff. By the end of it all we'd have everyone in their roles in time for Thanos to bring the cosmic threat in The Avengers 2.

Fuck no. We've already had two Hulk movies that do this. I'm happy they didn't waste time.

For Avengers 2 or probably 3 would be more realistic, they should buy the rights back for Spidey and Wolverine and do a New Avengers movie.

Pipe dream for Wolverine. Spidey is a long shot, depends more on TASM, and if Sony thinks they can make more money.

If you want stuff with the Avengers from the movie, look at:
Iron Man Extremis
Captain America vol 5
Thor the Mighty Avenger
Walt Simonson's run on Thor (#260-271, 337-355, 357-382)
Planet Hulk
World War Hulk
I don't know any Black Widow or Hawkeye books, unfortunately.

For Nick Fury, I liked Secret War. He also shows up in Punisher for an arc where he takes off his belt and whips a general (Mother Russia).

UXM/WaTXM(be warned a little cartoony) are both amazing. UXF is just a great gritty dark X-Men comic.

Ultimates by Hickman is beautiful. Also pick up F4 and FF by him. He is just fucking amazing.

Slott's ASM is well amazing. Remender's SA and Venom are damn good.

UltXM by Spencer depends on your taste. He does big decompressed stories so be warned.

Yost(writer of EMH) Scarlet Spider is quite awesome.

Those are the main ones I read right now.

EDIT: AA also is beautiful. By Gage. So nice.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Iron Man armours where he has muscles, I always hated them. They look daft.

Nothing beats movie armour.

I always felt in the comics that I've seen at least that they also consistently missed a visual opportunity to depict a character who walks around in a giant piece of rigid armor. Every time I've seen him, either in crappy art or in good art its like the suit is just form-fit to him and all of his flesh bulges and bends and has the mobility of a normal person.

I always felt in the comics that I've seen at least that they also consistently missed a visual opportunity to depict a character who walks around in a giant piece of rigid armor. Every time I've seen him, either in crappy art or in good art its like the suit is just form-fit to him and all of his flesh bulges and bends and has the mobility of a normal person.

It must be up to the standard of Winston's design now in the comics, surely? I can't imagine them still messing around with the look of it now Iron Man has, for the first time in pretty much ever, got a truly iconic and specific design to him.

Solo

Yeah, the movie really got it right. I prefer the IM1 look to the IM2 look though. Circular chestpiece > triangular one.

The latest Iron Man armor in the comics may be my favorite

Iron-Mans-New-Armor.jpg

But that's soon being replaced by MYSTERY IRON MAN. Who is the man behind the mask!?

InvincibleIronMan_518_Preview1.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
It must be up to the standard of Winston's design now in the comics, surely? I can't imagine them still messing around with the look of it now Iron Man has, for the first time in pretty much ever, got a truly iconic and specific design to him.

It probably is, I don't follow comics too much.

He wore model 3/4 (very minor differences) for about 20 years. It doesn't get more classic or consistent than that.

Who's chasing it? Looks like some sort of mixture of War Machine and the Destroyer.

It aged really badly. I can't see movie Iron Man suffering like that.

I can't see the problem with it. Mute the colors for the big screen adn it would look fine.

His movie armor is way too busy for my liking, especially the new suit at the end of the Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom