• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Zackat

retraining my brain to play as anyone but Laura is proving difficult. I can't undo the random dumbness that I had to install.

I am also trying to play wayyy too close in I think, from what I am watching on streams. Hard to stop myself.

Zackat

it also only works on the light and heavy abi punch, but not on medium. but if you just do a slight move forward on medium abi punch then do st.hk you get a CC.

actually you can do it with st.hp too

mbpm1

I made an Ed ragequit with my Abigail nonsense.

Abigail truly is a Final Fight miniboss.

For the record he lost because his ex uppercut only hit once at the tip and didn't break my abigail run at the end of the match, so i kept going and threw him for the kill.

Before that he teabagged me from full screen and then couldn't stop my like 4 obvious advances when i came in so I don't feel sorry for him.

it also only works on the light and heavy abi punch, but not on medium. but if you just do a slight move forward on medium abi punch then do st.hk you get a CC

That makes sense. I didnt test all versions, just lp and ex.

Femto.

So Abby's super is unblockable if you're at chip? Is Abby's super htbox from the ground to the top of the screen? Wake up super peeps must be happy.

So Ken's heavy Tatsu is plus on block all of a sudden? Because apparently light SPD doesn't punish it anymore. -_-

Lotta shenanigans tonight, think there was some rubber banding because there were definitely some moves getting priority that should have been minus.

mbpm1

So Ken's heavy Tatsu is plus on block all of a sudden? Because apparently light SPD doesn't punish it anymore. -_-

Lotta shenanigans tonight, think there was some rubber banding because there were definitely some moves getting priority that should have been minus.

It's -4 and -2 in v-trigger. SPD should never have punished it

It's -4 and -2 in v-trigger. SPD should never have punished it

Well that explains how I kept punishing this Ken who kept using HK tatsu against me. On block I was just going for my fastest button which is Ryu's 3f st. jab. And I was hit confirming into DP each time. But I didn't remember how negative Ken's HK tatsu was on block. I just assumed it was -2 and that this guy just doesn't like to block.

But man if you don't stay on top of all this info, it's so easy to let your opponents continually get away with murder. Last week Kolin and Rog players were getting away with her V-Skill and his V-Skill>Buffalo Swing against me because I thought they were negative, but safe on block. Finally took the time to look up the frame data and realize I've been letting all those guys get away with unsafe moves(from Ryu anyways) over and over.

MCD250

I just saw a Cammy do an EX Razor Edge Slicer on a Dhalsim in the corner, jab him out of the air for the reset, *dash under him* and hit him from the other side. I can't get the dash under to work in training mode and it's driving me crazy.

SephLuis

Ken clearly hasn't been giving enough attention to her and Mel because he's too busy travelling and fighting so she has finally had enough and runs off to her older sister Julia - who is also married to Guile.

That actually happened to Guile in one of the comics, where he is kicked out of the house by Julia for fighting too much I think. She then goes to complain to her sister IIRC

ElFly

I can never get that read right, lol, even when they've been conditioned to jump away from m/hSPD

sometimes you don't even have to land it

just float above a fireball or something

the other night I jumped so badly onto a Bison that had full meter

he did CA, and during the initial animation I spinned the pad and pressed the button. Gief grabbed the air and I didn't eat the super and could win the round

went onto still losing the match cause GOD, Bison's sFK is ridiculous, but it was so satisfying

MrCarter

That actually happened to Guile in one of the comics, where he is kicked out of the house by Julia for fighting too much I think. She then goes to complain to her sister IIRC

Wow I didn't know that lol

In other news:

SFV has shippped 1.7 million. Slowly getting there. SSFV will definitely help with more content and value added in.

Marvel

could never
I made an Ed ragequit with my Abigail nonsense.
tt5hg5y8

MrCarter

Can I just say I really like the work they put into the new CFN site. The lore, artwork, player stats, ability to see your FM, see who's online and official frame data is very nicely done. I'm far more engaged with the game via this site than their current UI in the game and it's actually making me want to learn more.

brian!

Havent played sf a lot recently, but i played a little this week because i signed up for denfend da north. And my pool is loaded 😫😫😫

I'm actually considering continuing playing online in the hopes of getting FANG to level 50 and unlocking that colour 15 for his default.

The fuck is wrong with me.

Top Bottom