• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K's Creating a New Team to Work on an FPS.

Mr. Tibbs

I stumbled across a job posting recently, and noticed 2K's hiring for a new FPS, helmed by a new team. Exciting news!

Hello! We’re starting up a new team here at 2K to - surprise! - make a video game. A first person shooter to be precise. We are a small, scrappy group with a ton of ambition AND the resources to see it realized. That’s pretty rare these days. Think of us like a well-funded startup but without all the gross tech culture trappings. This is an opportunity to join an incredible project on the ground floor.

ViciousDS

Banned
I’m guessing it requires hours of grind to get the ability to crouch........I don’t have to much faith in 2k not ruining something anymore

Verder

after lawbreakers bombing hard i dont know how good the fps market is to take that chance if youre not bringing something new to the table or have an established fan base

I would be willing to bet good money that this is an online-based game like Destiny or Overwatch. It could be Borderlands 3, because the last game sold great, but it will be game as a service type deal.

Mr. Tibbs

Evolve and Battleborn were created under Christoph Hartmann's watch. He departed 2K back in May, and now there's a new dude in charge, David Ismailer, so I would expect some changes from 2K.

"My goal is to enable and empower our teams further, and to provide them with the opportunity to build upon our rich history of creating innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for audiences around the world."

Stygr

Banned
What is wrong with people saying Borderlands? Lol

Gearbox is already on Borderlands 3.

This is either Bioshock or some new multiplayer IP with lootboxes.

Levin is making a new game with a small studio

Flux

Evolve was ahead of its time. Full priced game with a season pass (2 actually) that was a F2P game.

It's time for Evolve 2.

RS4-

You get to shoot loot boxes with virtual currency.

They'll make sure to get the team behind nba to dev it.

StereoVsn

They are going to add FPS options to 2K18 outside areas! You will have to pay VC to sprint and restore stamina.

Borderlands 3 probably

I doubt it. It seems very unlikely that 2K will be co-developing that. They'll probably fund it but Gearbox will be doing all the work.

New, more complex Bioshock baby, let's go.

I would like this. I had a lot of issues with Infinite, but I'd like the series to continue. Seems odd if they've really waited over 4 years to start work on a sequel though.

after lawbreakers bombing hard i dont know how good the fps market is to take that chance if youre not bringing something new to the table or have an established fan base

I don't agree. Neither Overwatch nor Battlefront brought anything new to the table and yet both were massively successful. Similarly you have Battlefield Hardline which was part of a huge IP that didn't do particularly well.

Wait ... it's the Darkness 3 isn't it?

Is it finally happening?

That would be awesome, but I really don't see it happening. I don't think The Darkness 2 was especially successful.

OldMuffin

So let's see it's either a battle royal game, a hero shooter or some destiny/division mmo-fps hybrid. But what it isn't for sure is the Darkness 3... which saddens me to no ends.... oh wait unless it's a darkness battle roy-
Did I mention how painful this industry is sometimes

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Borderlands with microtransactions incoming.

The fact that opening boxes of loot is a key component of the series' gameplay loop has me very curious about how in-game monetisation will be handled in 3.

Is anyone else kind of getting burnt out on FPS’s?
I’ll gladly be proven wrong, as I absolutely adored RE7, but it seems like every game now adays has to be first person or have a gun.
Maybe it’s just me.
I wish 2K the best of luck with their new FPS.

It's fucking Evolve 2 isn't it.

Would rather it be based on an 80s action franchise or something. If it's a smallish team, maybe something that starts out smaller but is expanded if successful. And they say they have unbridled ambition.

Who currently holds the Timesplitters IP?

I assume this is the new Bioshock team considering 2K saying they still see that as a relevant franchise in their portfolio.

For starters.
FWIW I (as someone who would be a target for this ad) also read this as a thrust at quality of life; the "you live at the office, we feed you all your meals, everyone hangs out and drinks after work" etc. bullshit that has accompanied the Ycombinator exit-or-bust atmosphere of the last decade.

Shredderi

Dudes look at the current climate in the industry. It's not going to be a story heavy single player FPS. It's gonna be a GAAS game almost definitely.

Top Bottom