• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Fest's livestream is absolutely must-see

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
kind of baffling that they thought cell service would hold up with 20k people standing in one spot all using their phones at once hell you cant even use your phone in a normal convention where not everyone is looking at their phones let alone one based 100% on cell service

I hope there is a notification when the legendary raids pop up.

And since it wansnt shown At the fest, How do you get a legendary raid pass?

That video's difficult to watch. She just kept talking like everything was fine, then that water bottle gets thrown on stage and she still keeps talking.

Kind of dunno what all these people were expecting. It was one thing to keep trying to play the game around launch when it was having all its major issues, but to then spend money and time to go to an event for that same game that's still incredibly broken to this day and not expect this to happen...

Some of the water stations aren't working
It's humid as hell.
Maybe 5000 seats for 20000 people. Seriously. Everybody is just on grass and photo op bases and barriers.

Nobody can play. You can catch maybe two or three Pokémon before your game errors out and you have to move around and retry for 30 minutes before you get back in.

The gyms all just closed down too
No idea why but they're just down now. Maybe articuno coming? Or they're just dead.

The food is really good though and the workers there seem prepared.

Nice. What's the food selection?

Right, because it offloads some data to separate infrastructure. The problem is it's grasping at straws because they can't do anything about it. But if it's saturated it's saturated. You basically need a mobile data center and a few miles of fiber optic cable to really fix it.

Not even that, all they needed was a wireless internet line of sight station connected to data place.
Wireless broadband connection then a commerical wifi hub.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no :( that sounds awful for all involved.

So uhhh, how do these raid thingies work? I want to try and catch a Lugia. There's a gym within walking distance so I have that going for me. How do I get Lugia?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So uhhh, how do these raid thingies work? I want to try and catch a Lugia. There's a gym within walking distance so I have that going for me. How do I get Lugia?

Raids happen when there's a large egg on top of the Gym, and a countdown above it. Once the countdown finishes, the egg will hatch and the Raid begins. You'll have an hour to catch the Pokemon that popped out (their CP levels are massively increased over their regular values, so teams are required for some of the more valuable Pokemon)

The eggs for Legendaries will supposedly be on top of Gyms for 48 hours before they hatch, so you'll have plenty of time to prepare.

thedan001

So we only have one chance to catch a Lugia?

More like legendaries are being introduced into the game via raids only with Lugia and perhaps Articuno making the first appearance.

Will need a group to take them down for a chance to catch them, definitely not soloable, thats for sure.

I'm very confused,

You shouldn't, Niantic have delivered an exceedingly consistent record of mind-boggling incompetence from day one. It's pretty obvious Pokemon GO's success was well beyond their capabilities to handle, but unfortunately as time goes on it's becoming increasingly obvious it's even beyond their capabilities to grow and adapt.

He's trying to push Yo-kai Watch as though this failed event will permanently impact the Pokémon IP's success to the point where Yo-kai Watch can steal market share.
In jest, I'm assuming.

This is Sammy we are talking about.

If he is gonna push Yokai, he is gonna push it.

Magik

As if things can't get any worse, Legendary raids are appearing that DONT require a Legendary pass.

I bet in the mess that has been happening all day they had forgot to turn off the Legendaries appearing in Gyms.

Foffy

Banned
So, where does the CEO get booed? Is it a small boo, or like, did he become Roman Reigns that day?

EDIT: Saw the clip, and he does. Wow.

As if things can't get any worse, Legendary raids are appearing that DONT require a Legendary pass.

I bet in the mess that has been happening all day they had forgot to turn off the Legendaries appearing in Gyms.

No, they just announced 2 legendary birds are live globally

Magik

No, they just announced 2 legendary birds are live globally

If that's the case, what on Earth was the 48 hour timer about then?

I swear the communication about Legendary raids was that it would take 48 hours to hatch.

Globally? Like right now

They're live in Austrailia, Japan, West Coast in North America. Of course the 9 PM local time cut off is in place so I have to wait till tomorrow for a chance.

Top Bottom