• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale announced for PS4/Vita, physical editions as well

Shizuka

I believe they are going to print as many as they need to fulfill orders plus a little more. There was a twitter message to that effect earlier in this thread i think.

Edit:

Found the link

I know, I was the one exchanging those messages, I'm just saying that if it's limited inventory on the website right now, I might as well order it ASAP.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I know, I was the one exchanging those messages, I'm just saying that if it's limited inventory on the website right now, I might as well order it ASAP.

The quantity numbers on their site now for the CEs are in the negatives so it's hard to tell what/if their cutoff is.
PS4: -1,090
Vita: -231
PC: -337

Wereroku

Sorry didn't notice that. You might just want to ask them what date they are going to stop preorders for the next run. From their replies I assume they are taking an infinite number of preorders until they put in the next production order.

urfe

Sorry if this has been talked about, did a quick search:

Do the physical editions have Japanese in them?

john tv

Thanks for the reply!

Do you know if it's getting a physical release in Japan, or if this is it worldwide?

Going to buy a Vita copy for myself, but may buy it also on PS4 to lend to Japanese friends.
We're considering a Japan physical release - nothing decided yet tho. If so, it would (by necessity) be later this year.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the interest. :)

Sorry if this has been answered before, but are the Vita and PS4 digital versions both being released August 15th? PSN currently just has the PS4 version available for pre-order.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but are the Vita and PS4 digital versions both being released August 15th? PSN currently just has the PS4 version available for pre-order.
They are cross buy at least so you can buy the PS4 version and get the Vita version for free. Odd that the Vita version isn't showing though. But I believe they are both supposed to come out on the same day.

I preordered this for PS4 over the weekend.
I (think I) know two fairly big spoilers (newcomers DON'T click these):
The flower is a late game boss fight?
There's a genocide run that changes in NG+ or something?

But I hope that knowledge isn't enough to ruin a first time experience with it.

First one is something I guessed back in the demo (which is the first section of the game), second one you basically don't know anything other than the name of something. Shouldn't impact your playthrough at all.

SPOILERS INCOMING!
Yes on the first one. Oh boy yes.

I really don't recommend the Genocide route for this reason. Also because you feel like an absolute jerk. But it does change something drastic in NG+ if you decide to play a Genocide route. Fourth Wall changes.

Moonkid

Why is that theme exclusive to NA smh.

If that's all you know, the game is nowhere *near* ruined.

Sweet, thanks.
I also know some minor things like how the gameplay works, those two skeleton characters etc., but that's about it.

I'm definitely looking forward to playing it finally, as I never thought it was gonna release on anything but PC.

Crayolan

Knowing the first thing sucks, but without knowing the specifics I wouldn't say it ruins anything.

Knowing that the second thing simply exists makes no difference unless you also know how to activate it. And even if you think you do, you probably don't.

fernoca

Digital release is August 15.
Physical release was always planned for "later" (September), so nothing shitty about it when they've been quite open about everything.

urfe

We're considering a Japan physical release - nothing decided yet tho. If so, it would (by necessity) be later this year.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the interest. :)

Thanks. More Japanese info has been released in the meantime, and I'm going digital first.

Gradon

The borders are gorgeous, really love the effort put into that.

Oh and I noticed he mentioned 'simple trophies'. Guess we're getting simple story checkpoint trophies?

Banned
I put my preorder down and they claimed my money! haha now where's my theme?! Looking forward to this game anyways, wish I could get the collector edition because it looks marvelous

I ordered within an hour of the physical preorder going live -- how do I know if I'm gonna get it in December or September?

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread since shortly after preordering.

Oh! And does the special edition on PS4 actually include a bluray or is it just a code? Because I really want it on Vita with Crossbuy but I know that doesn't usually work with physical versions. It would suck to have paid so much more for this version and not even get both formats. :(

Edit: I caught up on the thread. I'm disappointed :(

quisuis

Neo Member
I ordered within an hour of the physical preorder going live -- how do I know if I'm gonna get it in December or September?

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread since shortly after preordering.
(

here your answer TetraGenesis:
underre.png

Preload is done, I really can't wait to play through it again on Tuesday. Quick question, can you get the full pacifist ending on your first playthrough?

Top Bottom