• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ebay Germany actively promotes "drm-less" Wii U

netBuff

no fuss/hullabaloo? is that what the last one really says, or does it translate to crap/bs?

lol. Go ebay.

It really is the equivalent to "hullabaloo" - fuss is much to tame a translation. A really ridiculous word I wouldn't expect to see written down, much less on a company site.

Nibel

salty BVB fans

oIhaeCY.gif

steveovig

New Zelda, SSBB, Metroid and Mario 3D sure as hell aren't coming this year. That's all I care about.

Not interested in their b-grade offerings like Kirby or Yoshi.

How do you know Mario isn't coming this year? I was under the impression that it was. Just cause you only view those four games as big doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I guess the sequel to best RPG of this past gen isn't a big game then, close shop for Nintendo.

Montresor

I hope no one forgets that Nintendo has 100% the most draconian type of DRM for digital content out of all the console manufacturers. It's even more strict than PC and Steam.

gngf123

How do you know Mario isn't coming this year? I was under the impression that it was. Just cause you only view those four games as big doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I guess the sequel to best RPG of this past gen isn't a big game then, close shop for Nintendo.

2D Mario is already out, and there are reports that Nintendo are aiming for an October release of 3D Mario. But they are no more than rumours at this point.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I hope no one forgets that Nintendo has 100% the most draconian type of DRM for digital content out of all the console manufacturers.

That transfers onto next gen or if you have both systems at hand. So it's not that draconian in comparison to the competition.

Rehynn

"Kein Gedöns" LOOOOL, I'm dying here.

I have no fucking idea what "Gedöns" means, all those German lessons were useless:(

I speak German (natively) and have no idea what's supposed to be so hilarious about the word "Gedöns".
My people have a weird sense of humor that I rarely get.

All next gen consoles have that game.
All consoles not named SNES, N64, DreamCast or XBOX. Potentially PS4 could be in that group if Sony learned their lesson with the PS3 launch and Shadow. Opting to drop the Last Guardian at launch.

A man can dream and Wii U fans can wait.

Amir0x

Banned
You don't think Nintendo can show a game on Wii U that looks better than PS3/360 games?

The Wii U is barely more powerful than a PS360. I'm sure people will get games on it that look ever so incrementally better than what came on those platforms, but it's not the leap people have traditionally expected from consoles. It's Nintendo coming up to the standards of last-gen, when people want the standards of next-gen for their technology.

I mean Wii U may end up being my only console by default, but that'd definitely be an unsatisfactory result - the console is simply too shitty, tech-wise.

Darryl

Banned
I hope no one forgets that Nintendo has 100% the most draconian type of DRM for digital content out of all the console manufacturers. It's even more strict than PC and Steam.

no its not. unified accounts doesn't make DRM less restrictive. attaching games to an account rather than something sellable (a console) is actually another layer of restriction

steveovig

The Wii U is barely more powerful than a PS360. I'm sure people will get games on it that look ever so incrementally better than what came on those platforms, but it's not the leap people have traditionally expected from consoles. It's Nintendo coming up to the standards of last-gen, when people want the standards of next-gen for their technology.

I mean Wii U may end up being my only console by default, but that'd definitely be an unsatisfactory result - the console is simply too shitty, tech-wise.

In my honest opinion, the next-gen games I've seen really don't impress me much. I don't see a major difference that interests me. I think Nintendo will be ok without having the latest tech for graphics whores to go nuts over. Give me great games and I'll be happy cause I know all the 1st party stuff will look good enough for me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The difference being that one of those consoles has been out for almost 8 months, and the other two haven't been released...

Which is always the case when this argument is brought up, Vita, PS3 etc. Though typically they refer to system selling games which we don't know for any consoles yet.

Amir0x

Banned
In my honest opinion, the next-gen games I've seen really don't impress me much. I don't see a major difference that interests me. I think Nintendo will be ok without having the latest tech for graphics whores to go nuts over. Give me great games and I'll be happy cause I know all the 1st party stuff will look good enough for me.

That's fine if you think that, and if Wii U is good 'enough' for you. I was just saying that it's not near good enough for many, many gamers, and so it's not enough to say Wii U is drm-less... it obviously has other significant problems. So if you don't want this Drm bullshit, and both Sony and Microsoft adopt it, then you have to settle for last-gen technology for a whole 'nother six years. It's not ideal conditions.

Top Bottom