• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

ReaperXL7

I came across this game last night if anyone is interested in a somewhat horror themed version of Brave Frontier. Came out on the 14th as far as I have been able to find out.

http://bloodline.cherrycredits.com/
maxresdefault.jpg

IOS
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/bloodline/id955370980

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cherrycredits.bloodline

Seems good so far but i have only just started playing, I rerolled a number of times and was only able tp pull the same two three star characters for my first pull So i dont think rerolling is important.My first character was a chick with a big two handed sword named Insanity Bey

Dandte

Looking forward to seeing what GranBlue fantasy, and am hoping we get that Digimon game that was announced alittle while ago.

If you mean Digimon Heroes, it alreay soft-launched :)

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/digimon-heroes!/id909170492?mt=8

Thanks god, someone mentioned thios thread in the PaD Thread.

I currently playing

OP TC and after two years of abstinence PaD. Lost my FF RK account and have a DBZDB account with 2 UR right from the start but i lost interest.

I looking for a new pad/optc/ft brave saga-esk game (love the artstyle of pad), which i can attend right from the start. let's see what the future brings.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I came across this game last night if anyone is interested in a somewhat horror themed version of Brave Frontier. Came out on the 14th as far as I have been able to find out.

http://bloodline.cherrycredits.com/

IOS
https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/bloodline/id955370980

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cherrycredits.bloodline

Seems good so far but i have only just started playing, I rerolled a number of times and was only able tp pull the same two three star characters for my first pull So i dont think rerolling is important.My first character was a chick with a big two handed sword named Insanity Bey

I mentioned this when it was released. It seems like a good game, actually.. if you liked BF (which I did)... but I just couldn't play so many games. I

Anyone else playing the Japanese version of Granblue Fantasy right now?

Figured that I'd just start playing since the "global version" apparently is just a translation and not an entirely new server.

I'm collecting daily login rewards.

Yeah I figured I'd also do that + getting some of the freebies/event characters.

Did you do that "The World" dungeon? it has pretty tight music and gives an SSR summon.

I also got that annoying rerolling process already out of the way, which is cool since it was rather tedious.

ReaperXL7

Nexon has just released a pretty cool F2P gacha SRPG with what seems like complete mechanics for the genre.

20150422035601a0e2s6imbotcuk4z.jpg

Google
https://i.nx.com/fvh

IOS
https://i.nx.com/fvg

Seems really solid so far, and it doesnt seem like you can roll randomly for heroes and the gacha aspect comes specifically from equipment. Like I said though I just started playing it so its possible I just havent unlocked a hero version of the gacha yet, but i don't see where it would be in the menus.

I have wanted someone to do an SRPG for a gacha game for awhile so this seems like it could be right up my alley if they arent greedy.

Yeah, been playing it tight for a few months now.
There's like new events every week, so it's keeping me busy.

Just pulled 4 new SSR from the Legend Gacha fest a week ago, so I'm pretty happy with my progress atm.

Figured that I'd just start playing since the "global version" apparently is just a translation and not an entirely new server.

Just been logging on to get log-in bonuses lol

Will probably start throwing myself into it in due time

ReaperXL7

I'm quite impressed with Fantasy war Tactics, the story is not as good as something like FFT or Disgaea but the gameplay is pretty close. I love that they added details like terrain advantages, unit type advantage, etc. really feels like a real solid SRPG.

I also like that pretty much every character is farmable because it means you don't have to waste money praying for a specific one out of aGacha (which obviously also has a certain appeal). If anyone else picks it up just make sure to invest your rubies in expedition upgrades and a lord costume.

garath

So how's that going to work? Same login, same server? They have cloud save for it via Facebook or something? I guess I wouldn't mind trying to get it goes to start collecting login bonuses. I definitely want to play it with the international release

garath

I'm quite impressed with Fantasy war Tactics, the story is not as good as something like FFT or Disgaea but the gameplay is pretty close. I love that they added details like terrain advantages, unit type advantage, etc. really feels like a real solid SRPG.

I also like that pretty much every character is farmable because it means you don't have to waste money praying for a specific one out of aGacha (which obviously also has a certain appeal). If anyone else picks it up just make sure to invest your rubies in expedition upgrades and a lord costume.

I gave it a go tonight. I really like so far. I havent gotten that far into yet but I'm digging it.

Expedition upgrades and a lord costume huh. I still have to figure out how to get new units as well.

chrono01

I need Granblue Fantasy. I also hope SE localized Final Fantasy Exvius, the game looks amazing. They did for Record Keeper, so hopefully we'll get it one of these days.

ReaperXL7

I gave it a go tonight. I really like so far. I havent gotten that far into yet but I'm digging it.

Expedition upgrades and a lord costume huh. I still have to figure out how to get new units as well.

Getting units in the beginning isn't too bad honestly. Basically all you need to do is progress through the main campaign and each time you see a level with a characters portrait above it you can farm that level on hard and hell modes to get the genes for the character. Each time you enter a new zone it will tell you on the top left side which heroes will be available to farm for in that zone and how many pieces you'll need to summon them. After you have them you can still farm more genes to upgrade that heroes abilities. The only exceptions to this are the four starter heroes due to you getting their genes from your DNA extractor in your lab, there are also a couple exclusive to arena(pvp) rewards, and expedition rewards.

It's kind of a cool way to do it in my opinion because once you get far enough into the game it allows you to go after the heroes you want the most.

garath

Getting units in the beginning isn't too bad honestly. Basically all you need to do is progress through the main campaign and each time you see a level with a characters portrait above it you can farm that level on hard and hell modes to get the genes for the character. Each time you enter a new zone it will tell you on the top left side which heroes will be available to farm for in that zone and how many pieces you'll need to summon them. After you have them you can still farm more genes to upgrade that heroes abilities. The only exceptions to this are the four starter heroes due to you getting their genes from your DNA extractor in your lab, there are also a couple exclusive to arena(pvp) rewards, and expedition rewards.

It's kind of a cool way to do it in my opinion because once you get far enough into the game it allows you to go after the heroes you want the most.

Very cool. I have a lot of gene pieces but not sure how to use them yet. Just got to tezen thoguh so still early.

So you suggest using crystals on the expedition immediately huh? Seems like a good idea. Free stuff from there.

Azusa

I'm keep reading at https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics how Nexon makes this game more and more p2w. Nerfs, more grind and more paywalls are introduced with each patch.

For example:
Code:
2) The system for leveling up a skill has been modified.
Modified the skill’s maximum level to level 10.
Changed the number of gene fragments needed for leveling up a skill. Depending on the skill and level, the needed number of gene fragments has been changed.
You only needed 450-500 genes to level a Serendi's charm to max before. Now you need 800. Serendi is awful with 30% charm rate so you're pretty much forced to farm way more genes for her to be usable. Getting genes now takes 5x longer. Welcome to the bullshit grind.

commish

Damn. That's really unfortunate. I really really like the game. I may stick it out for a bit.

Yeah I usually stick it out until it gets bad, then I leave. I can enjoy it until then.

Edit: This Fantasy War Tactics is pretty awesome.

garath

Yeah I usually stick it out until it gets bad, then I leave. I can enjoy it until then.

Fantasy war tactics is so much fun. And they are patching it to reduce recruitment cost and rebirth costs. They are listening to the community. Amazing.

It is the game I play the most right now lol

ReaperXL7

Fantasy war tactics is so much fun. And they are patching it to reduce recruitment cost and rebirth costs. They are listening to the community. Amazing.

I made a thread for it if you guys are interested

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1137428

I agree though it's really quite good and the gameplay is a bit above most other gatcha/hero style games imo.

Right now I have Kai and Golem Lance at three stars and should have bard Mas and Deborah there very soon as I just need to get them to Forty.

Debating on wether I want to farm for Cowgirl Jenny or not as her hard and Hell stages aren't super difficult but they take a decent amount of stamina.

commish

It's easily my most played game the last 2 days. Gonna hop to the OT.

if your team are weak, its gonna be pretty difficult and time consuming.

How does it actually work? I think you get Ryu if you use him a bunch of times in your party, and you can get Chun-Li with materials from that repeatable hard quest right? How do I get M.Bison and Sagat?

I started a week ago or something (~14K stats) and I'm trying to unlock Dark Fencer.

Didn't expect decent animation on characters.
fdSvC7h.jpg

How does it actually work? I think you get Ryu if you use him a bunch of times in your party, and you can get Chun-Li with materials from that repeatable hard quest right? How do I get M.Bison and Sagat?
I don't think Bison and Sagat are playable characters.
For Ryu and Chun-Li, it's just like you said.

I started a week ago or something (~14K stats) and I'm trying to unlock Dark Fencer.

Ryu is easy but chunli requires you to grind some difficult quest i think

If possible, get some SSR character and Dark Fencer ASAP ;)

garath

Could they take any longer with phantom of the kill? I really want to dive into that and global Granblue fantasy. Both need to hurry up.

Azusa

Suddenly GUMI started to post on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/potk.GL said:
Hey everyone! Sorry for the quiet on news for Phantom of the Kill. Today, however, we are thrilled to introduce three new characters coming to the international release of Phantom of the Kill when it launches this winter!

garath

Suddenly GUMI started to post on facebook.

Nice. At least they haven't forgotten about the game. Last update was over two weeks ago.

So I was thinking about starting up Granblue fantasy since its going to be the same server but where do you get the actual app from? Is there a way to trick Andyroid into seeing me on a different region or something? I found a walkthrough in registering and rerolling but I'm just missing the link to get the actual app.

Nice. At least they haven't forgotten about the game. Last update was over two weeks ago.

So I was thinking about starting up Granblue fantasy since its going to be the same server but where do you get the actual app from? Is there a way to trick Andyroid into seeing me on a different region or something? I found a walkthrough in registering and rerolling but I'm just missing the link to get the actual app.

Download Qooapp and look up the Granblue Fantasy app. That's what most people use for Japanese games.

---------

Then immediately link your account to the browser version of the game since the mobile app sucks (it's literally just a browser AFAIK).

All this is super tedious since it's all Japanese.

Unless you want to reset marathon, then only link your accounts after you've gotten your desired starter. Rerolling is super tedious on PC from what I hear.

Unless you want to reset marathon, then only link your accounts after you've gotten your desired starter. Rerolling is super tedious on PC from what I hear.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that lol, it was rather horrible even when using both Bluestacks and my phone.

Also use the JDA codes (although I'm not even sure you can get anything other then rares from it)

- j5pa mkru 2vcx 4cr8.
- yrwg yv8m cck2 wcbf

You can always copy the link of the game's play store site, and then use one of those "region free apk download" sites to download it. Although Qooapp works pretty well too.

Anyway, if you like the game, there's currently two events running and they both give a free character when you click on the event banner. (Ryu from Street Fighter, and the other is some blue Axe guy)

It's cool that they're adding male characters to the Phantom of the Kill international version. It's nice to see developers striving to be more inclusive.

I'm looking forward to this, along with Granblue Fantasy.

Top Bottom