• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Z3M0G

Ok, just watched my first review... I owned the first game but only played story mode and didn't look back.

But hot damn... Multiverse mode makes me want to pick this up some badly. I'll probably wait for a sale, but it sounds fantastic. Diablo/Destiny style loot? WANT

Gurrry

I heard that the profile level cap is 70.

So... once we get to 70, is there any other way for us to grind for more source crystals?

Gurrry

Open up ya WALLET.

And there might be multiverse modes that reward a small amount of Source Crystals?

Yikes. Dont like that. Loving the game but ive been getting increased anxiety over the source crystals and when to use them/save them.

Knowing theres a cap on how many we can earn makes me worry for future skins, shaders, and other things.

AAK

Does anyone know how Injustice 2 handles legacy PS3 stick support? Is it like MKX and SFV where you have to map the controller to an already plugged in DS4 or is it plug and play like GGXrd?

Do Better

Anybody play Catwoman and have advice on how to get past zoning?

Well timed jumping 2s to put them into hit stun, allowing you to safely move in closer.

Back+3 will go under some high projectiles and counter attack for a combo.

Instantly meter burning back, forward+2 adds armor to it that you can use to go through a projectile for a counter combo.

I think it's more about what you do once you get into attack range. Can't waste opportunities to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.

Compbros

Does anyone know how Injustice 2 handles legacy PS3 stick support? Is it like MKX and SFV where you have to map the controller to an already plugged in DS4 or is it plug and play like GGXrd?

Mapping, just played a tournament last night with someone using an older stick and he needed a DS4.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

My HRAP3 is just plug and play.

How do I join the Gaf guild?
I typed in and found the ID, mentioned in the OP.
But i can't do anything after that. No way to join and no button to send a message.

dawgparty

Well timed jumping 2s to put them into hit stun, allowing you to safely move in closer.

Back+3 will go under some high projectiles and counter attack for a combo.

Instantly meter burning back, forward+2 adds armor to it that you can use to go through a projectile for a counter combo.

I think it's more about what you do once you get into attack range. Can't waste opportunities to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.

Nice, thanks. I figured jumping 2 was a good tool to get in with. Just have to make the most of the situation once I'm in. Also have a lot of trouble getting her overheard(the cartwheel kick) to come out. Spent forever in training mode and I can't get it right.

fernoca

Yes, please elaborate.
Just tried and yep.
-Change the settings to 1 round, not sure if 300 seconds too.
-Go to Multiplayer, Versus.
-You'll need an additional controller.
-To make things faster, add gear that gives bonus XP.
-Finish the fight, rematch. Repeat.

Tried with my Level 13 Batman and made it to Level 20 relatively fast (though I also decided to do the
send every villain though the Arkham Asylum transition
trophy.

You'll earn bonus XP for the perfect victory, among other misc. things like level transitions. I was averaging 650XP per victory.

Just tried and yep.
-Change the settings to 1 round, not sure if 300 seconds too.
-Go to Multiplayer, Versus.
-You'll need an additional controller.
-To make things faster, add gear that gives bonus XP.
-Finish the fight, rematch. Repeat.

Tried with my Level 13 Batman and made it to Level 20 relatively fast (though I also decided to do the
send every villain though the Arkham Asylum transition
trophy.

You'll earn bonus XP for the perfect victory, among other misc. things like level transitions. I was averaging 650XP per victory.

Yeah I was getting the perfect round challenges out of the way a few days ago using this. Had to start playing the game as this method bored me to death and you don't get loot drops.

Nero18

Given I haven't played Injustice 1 in quite some time, but i don't remember that game having as many long combos and bounces. Coming from Street Fighter recently it sorta feels cheap at times. Can't decide how I feel about this game.

SenkiDala

New Guild - GAFs House of Ls 7 for PSN

ID: FJJZN

Leave your GAF ID in the subject of your request and/or message me with your info

Can this please get added to the first post?

Hi, I'll sound dumb but... How to join? I typed the ID and see your guild but there's no "join" icon or "request" or anything...
You need to invite me by my PSN ID? Anyway it's: SenkiDala.

Hope to join! :D

EDIT: OK I'm reading OT, I'm dumb!

Do Better

Nice, thanks. I figured jumping 2 was a good tool to get in with. Just have to make the most of the situation once I'm in. Also have a lot of trouble getting her overheard(the cartwheel kick) to come out. Spent forever in training mode and I can't get it right.

2, f+2? The cancel window is tight like a link. You have to input the f+2 faster than you were.

fernoca

Yeah I was getting the perfect round challenges out of the way a few days ago using this. Had to start playing the game as this method bored me to death and you don't get loot drops.
There's that too. Though right now I'm not worrying about boxes. Just noticed my guild is not giving 30+ boxes per day...but per hour?! XD

Checked at 10AM, 11AM and 12PM...and have 144 bronze, 23 silver, 3 gold and 4 platinum.

And now to open each individually. D:

Do Better

Given I haven't played Injustice 1 in quite some time, but i don't remember that game having as many long combos and bounces. Coming from Street Fighter recently it sorta feels cheap at times. Can't decide how I feel about this game.

I1 was worse (better). Many special moves in I2 require meter to combo off of.

AdaWong

Anybody play Catwoman and have advice on how to get past zoning?

Yep!

Depends on your zoners, but usually:

• Cat Dash meter burn is extremely helpful for zoners due to the hitbox/distance/super armor the move has.
  • Back Heavy (Transition/Wall Bounce) is great because she covers a lot of distance and her hitbox gets so small that she can avoid a lot of projectiles.
  • Jumping Medium (Jumping Whip Attack) has amazing reach and you can combo off of it too.
  • High Feline Evade, try to time your dodges and everytime she says "Now!" and your Cat Scratch meter goes up, players who don't know much about Catwoman will panic and think you're doing something crazy and they will start approaching and stop zoning temporarily.

AdaWong

It can happen with L10 rewards as well – my Green Arrow is now 20 and has loadout 5 unlocked but not 4, and missing the ability and vault space too. Basically, if a character is below the level you left them at when you reload the game, DON'T TOUCH THEM. Hard reset until stuff is back to normal. Annoying, but as the rewards are fixed, it should be a simple enough patch... hopefully.

I'm standing in solidarity with you. :(

Such an annoying glitch. I think a lot more players should be aware of this so that they don't run into the same problem.

Nero18

I1 was worse (better). Many special moves in I2 require meter to combo off of.

Watched a couple of combo videos from the first game. On the surface level at least it looks like the combos do less damage in the first game compared to the second. Trying to find an explanation to why this game doesn't feel completely right to me.

Nvm, ignore me you can change Braniac's lights via shaders lol
When I finally unlocked Brainiac, I started going through his movelist. This gif was so accurate, culminating in his divekick meter burn.

ba4cb402df09f1369eaa0df5570c399d.gif

Marvel

could never
When I finally unlocked Brainiac, I started going through his movelist. This gif was so accurate, culminating in his divekick meter burn.

ba4cb402df09f1369eaa0df5570c399d.gif
Yeah his shit looks super interesting, as a Doc Oc and Solidus Snake fan I gotta try him out. Demon shaders looks ridiculously good on him. Esp the one that gives black armour with red LED's.

Is it just me or is Cheetah ridiculously over powered?

I hope not, I enjoy playing as her!

But it's worth noting that her character ability increases the damage of her claw based attacks for a brief time, getting hit by something claw heavy or with meter burn during this can be painful.

Hasney

OK, new favourite clash line

BC: "I'm gonna stick my fist up your..."
Braniac: "Humans are always so obsessed with scatology"

Mbrill82

New Guild - GAFs House of Ls 7 for PSN

ID: FJJZN

Leave your GAF ID in the subject of your request and/or message me with your info

Can this please get added to the first post?

Posting this again for visibility, PLEASE JOIN THE LATEST GAF GUILD

I'm a little confused because I don't see any pending application requests but I thought at least 1 of you had applied?

EDIT: ok, I'm not smart. I had the Guild set to Private which I think means I would have to send invites. I changed it to open which I hope means that people can now send requests.
The other option is Free Join but I think open is the correct setting to make sure non-gaffers don't join on accident

delSai

Posting this again for visibility, PLEASE JOIN THE LATEST GAF GUILD

I'm a little confused because I don't see any pending application requests but I thought at least 1 of you had applied?
Have you set it to private? If yes, you have to invite 'em.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've created a monster. AI Superman with 2900 defense is currently 56 fights deep in Endless and still not even dropping a round.

Top Bottom