• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Shaddai staff announces The Lost Child, a turn-based RPG set in modern Japan

So asking if a just announced game is planned for Platform X is port-begging now ? You guys need to chill a bit when it comes to Switch. If the first post would have asked if its coming to Vita as well you wouldnt have complained.

@Game

Cant see much on those Fami scans but lets hope it turns out good.

This is a game announcement thread where the platforms are clearly established. It used to be that going into a thread such as this and derailing conversation by asking if the game is coming to [insert other platform here] was a bannable offense.

If the first post was "Vita?", there would've been a bunch of replies along the lines of "lol, Vita is dead" and "let it go."

Ryuuga

Banned
So asking if a just announced game is planned for Platform X is port-begging now ? .

Yes? That is and always was the intent behind port-begging. Furthermore, it does nothing but shits up discussion with the hypothetical instead of said announcement kind of like this.

The info came from a Playstation magazine.

The Switch port begging is out of control.

There's more of you bitching about that one post, than people port begging.

People responding to a post? It's almost like this is a forum or something.

Oh give me a break, someone asked one question and multiple people tried to dogpile him and shit up the thread more than he/she did. I guess it's only a forum when we all get a chance to quote a single poster and make snarky remarks, but not when he/she asks a single question.

MilkBeard

El Shaddai was really interesting, with beautiful designs. This announcement definitely does pique my interest, although the concept art released definitely looks like more of a creative downgrade than El Shaddai.

Kadokawa Games as in Natural Doctrine?

A turn-based RPG from those guys, gentlemen you have my curiosity. Show me a fresh and deep combat system as in ND, you'll have my interest.

Man this announcement has me going up and down. Got happy that a new El Shaddai game got announced, disliked that they're using an anime aesthetic instead of the 1st games artstyle, got happy when I read it's a turn based RPG, then got disappointed again when I saw it's also on Vita which means it's going to have shitty production values.

New002

I LOVED El Shaddai so this is fantastic news to me. I would have been fine had they just refined and expanded the combat system from El Shaddai, but I'm open to turn based.

Gbraga

The concept art doesn't look as strong, but if the art direction in the actual game is even close to El Shaddai, it'll be amazing.

Can't wait for an actual trailer.

Is El Shaddai worth playing btw?

IMHO, yes. The gameplay is pretty basic and simple but it's worth playing for the visuals and the themes.

Basically this. It isn't the best in its genre, but it's worth experiencing for general weirdness and the gameplay is OK. Just don't expect Bayo/DMC levels of combat here. It's more like Okami.

It's short and probably super cheap.

I should hook up the old PS3 and give it another whirl one of these days.

K' Dash

El Shaddai is crap so I can't be excited until I see the gameplay. However, more turn-based jRPG is always a plus.

Learn to express your opinion bro. You can't say "this thing is crap" unless is factually proven, instead you should say: "in my opinion, El Shaddai is crap" or something less offensive like: "I didn't like El Shaddai, I'll wait for gameplay before making a decision".

Voicing ones opinion as fact is one of the things that drives me crazy *twitches*

Rehynn

Hope this will have a visual style similar to El Shaddai.

Also, the people ganging up on the poor guy for alleged port-begging... it really seems like you have a problem with the Switch and its fans specifically, rather than port-begging.
I am not familiar with PS Dengeki, and for all I know, they might do announcements for multiplat titles as well.

OmegaZero

I don't think anyone is port begging for this. He was asking for system details (specifically if it was for Switch). And yes, I can see how this is annoying.

Normally I would agree with you but this was announced through a Playstation-focused magazine. Which makes it look like the poster didn't even bother reading the op/source and jumped straight to Switch-begging. It never adds to the discussion in any meaningful way and makes for a bad impression (Switch/Vita owners thirsty for games ect).

On topic, it's interesting that this is being developed for a Vita as well. El Shaddai had a unique visual style and some great ideas but I felt the execution of such was lacking. Hopefully this time they make a compelling game without being held back by the Vita hardware.

Learn to express your opinion bro. You can't say "this thing is crap" unless is factually proven, instead you should say: "in my opinion, El Shaddai is crap" or something less offensive like: "I didn't like El Shaddai, I'll wait for gameplay before making a decision".

Voicing ones opinion as fact is one of the things that drives me crazy *twitches*

Well, you don't say that to a positive comment do you? Like requiring people to say "In my opinion, El Shaddai is an amazing game."

While it's beautiful, I found it extremely boring to play with only 3 weapons and limited variety of enemy. I got a game way after its release because people suggested that it's a hidden gem just to find out a game from 2008 like DMC4 is even more enjoyable.

I remember being excited about El Shaddai but never getting around to it. The concept of these games sound really cool and unique though.

takoyaki

El Shaddai was a beautiful piece of art, but I'm one of the few(ish?) people who also liked the gameplay despite its repetitiveness.

It's great that The Lost Child exists and that it's a continuation of El Shaddai, I just hope the genre switch works and we get another amazing soundtrack.

Also, 90% complete? This should be out soon :)

Not Drake

Sweet. An obligatory Switch comment and that caused the thread to be derailed beyond redemption. Seems like every thread on a gaming side of GAF these last few weeks.

OT: I wasn't a fan of El Shaddai, because the gameplay was trash, but I got to admit art was great. Not enough to get me to finish the game, but it was was definitely pleasant for the eyes. Thankfully they are trying to deliver a game in a different genre now. I'll get this on my radar if it gets announced for western release.

Interested in it.. I'll be on the look out.

You can almost taste the salt every time someone mentions the Switch.

I'll be day one if they confirm certain port.

It's not salt it's sad, frankly I find it amusing when the so called Nintendo fanbase buys a new Nintendo console for first party and spend the entire time asking for ports of third party games knowing damn well the likelihood of happening are 0. If you want those experiences just get either a pc or another dedicated console for 3rd parties.

MLCodest

El Shaddai was my pick for best art style and lesser known game so this seems right up my alley. Can't wait to see more.

Indelible

Glad to hear they are going turn-based this time, I really disliked the gameplay in El Shaddai but the art direction was amazing.

Top Bottom