• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Health care" bill withdrawn due to lack of votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned

C7tUXutXkAEW42E.jpg:large
Lol

tuffy

The best part is that millions of people aren't going to lose their health care.

But the second best part is that this failure to equal Obama when it comes to passing health care legislation is going to gnaw at Trump for the rest of his life.

President of the united states ladies and gentleman. Cant even get one fucking bill out he said he would change. Colour me shock
I'm not shocked

sazzy

Maggie Haberman‏ @maggieNYT
TRUMP tells me in interview this is now the Democrats' fault, and that he anticipates that when Obama "explodes" they will be ready to deal

Trump work with Democrats on Healthcare? What a joke... If he can't help push a Republican bill through the Republican led congress what's he going to do with Democrats? This is just a jab at Ryan because this is all an embarrassment to Trump. He couldn't fucking care less what the bill looks like, Trump just desperately wants to repeal Obamacare.

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/845361857774931968

So much for coming back to it again in the future. Healthcare reform is dead, time to fail at tax reform too next.

I doubt this is accurate, but Trump is kinda weird in that he just wants to win and doesn't care how he gets there. If he's serious about HC in his first term he could, honestly, seek dem help.

Could you imagine a scenario where Trump, Dems and moderate GOP votes in the house and Senate pass HC reform?

Is the peace pipe in need of being put down?

Boke1879

Trump isn't going to work with dems. He's just talking like he always does. He's not coming back to healthcare. Probably never

Measley

Dems now need to push for repairing the ACA and going for single payer. Medicare for all needs to be the new slogan of the Dems.

BiggNife

I don't think there is a victory here, just a delay of the inevitable.
Trump has already said he's not going to pursue another healthcare bill. If they try again they need to make a bill that pleases the Ryanists, freedom caucus, and the moderates, which is basically impossible. If they couldn't do it now there's really no way they can do it later.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Maggie Haberman‏ @maggieNYT
TRUMP tells me in interview this is now the Democrats' fault, and that he anticipates that when Obama "explodes" they will be ready to deal

See, this sounds more likely than what Costa said on MSNBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom