• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

I was so disappointed by Majima's ending when I played Yakuza 0. They could have transitioned so well into his character in the first game.

Frimaire

I think I'm in the hole too now. Damn these cute anime girls an their addictive cards games.

Yeah, I've been playing quite a bit since yesterday.
I think I'm safe, though.
My desire to play other games and my resistance to mini-buys can probably save me from any f2p whalery...
I'll still probably wast a few dozen hours on it, though...

Breads

Banned
Yeah I didn't get it either. Did they meet earlier and I just missed it? Or are we to just assume their reputations precede them and it apparently got Majima's blood pumping.

If they never met before this my only takeaway is that he was uh... "inspired" by Nishitani here.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm spending my night drinking heavily and listening to the Matt/Pat/Plague commentary track of First Contact, remembering the movie along the way because I'm sick of watching First Contact.

It's glorious hearing them talk nonstop about Star Trek bullshit.

BlitzKeeg

Probably unofficially since Matt and Liam stream together occasionally.

Damn. I want that full LP of GalGun 2 with full VR support and dual PS Move controllers.

Also isn't that English speaker update to summer lesson coming soon?

So many opportunities here.

I was so disappointed by Majima's ending when I played Yakuza 0. They could have transitioned so well into his character in the first game.

They did. The problem is that Majima's character has been different from Yakuza 3 on and the Majima of Yakuza 1 is no longer his modern characterization.

In 1, he was definitely more of a Joker-like character who was actually crazy. From 3 on, he's been a guy who seems crazy but is just cunning and his doesn't-give-a-fuck personality is half doing what he wants and half making people fear him.

That's why the Majima Everywhere system works. Kiryu thinks this crazy guy is ambushing him all the time, Majima knows that Kiryu is going to need to be strong to deal with the problems in the Tojo Clan and has gotten weak in prison.

Majima only told one person that he's just going to act crazy and he's definitely not telling anyone.

This Beat Cop game seems a little more unfettered in stereotypes than just trying to emulate the '80s era. I mean it goes full on black person eating a watermelon at one point.

Guess you could say I'm a bit cautious about a couple of polish devs being able to pull off a parody of '80s American bigotry well.

Edit: Woolie is also really bad at time management games apparently.

Strimei

It may be intentional, but some of Matt's women voices for Beat Cop sound kinda like he's channeling Michael Jackson from South Park. Amusing though.

Oh, gamergate mascot and supporters in the SBF subreddit. Now I remember why I stopped going there.

Anyway, watched the latest Tablelords. Man, I really wish I could just buy a retail copy of Kingdom Death Monster.

Night in the Woods: Baby Boomers sacrifice children/the poors to Cthulhu because they can't adapt to changing times.

Just like real life.

I know Matt loves it because it's Cthulhu stuff, but honestly I found it super disappointing.

There's a poignant, heartfelt narrative about rural decay, wanderlust, and blind conservatism without turning it into a magical reality metaphor where the Boomers are literally sacrificing children to their dark god.

Personally, one of the biggest eleventh hour fumbles in a narrative for me.

Fat4all

Banned
I know Matt loves it because it's Cthulhu stuff, but honestly I found it super disappointing.

There's a poignant, heartfelt narrative about rural decay, wanderlust, and blind conservatism without turning it into a magical reality metaphor where the Boomers are literally sacrificing children to their dark god.

Personally, one of the biggest eleventh hour fumbles in a narrative for me.

no way

I actually like this bit at the end, even though it feels like a tool used to wrap everything up in some kind of story sense, where the main focus of the game (and the part everyone seems to attach to so well) has been all the town adventures surrounding it.

WwPw6a2.png

I am really sad they didn't do Bea's side story though. I thought that one was much, much stronger.

I like how the main menu thing has a big ass date on it, meaning they've been sitting on this shit for months due to Yakuza.

They really need to limit themselves to one long LP at a time.

I like how the main menu thing has a big ass date on it, meaning they've been sitting on this shit for months due to Yakuza.

Or do a three video Sunday special where they dump this kind of thing out, if they're doing long form LPs.

Archgan

I bet they thought NitW would have been done sooner, but they forgot that Woolie is a snail.

Exodust

Banned
Fucking spoilers guys jeez.

Shit, sorry. Brain farted for a second.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't call it that big of a spoiler or much of a determent to your enjoyment of NITW, nor is it the point. As I'd argue it's strengths lie in literally everything else.

I'm still a dick for that, though.

I bet they thought NitW would have been done sooner, but they forgot that Woolie is a snail.
Forget trying to make non-slur variations of Woolie's name, we should just call him Snailie from now on.

Seriously, I think LA Noire is the only LP where Woolie's tendency to go slow actually works.

Moaradin

Forget trying to make non-slur variations of Woolie's name, we should just call him Snailie from now on.

Seriously, I think LA Noire is the only LP where Woolie's tendency to go slow actually works.

Ironically enough, he's been hitting those button prompts too fast before he can even tell if they're lying or not lol

I completely forgot that Rusty's justification for not going in the hedge maze is that he's afraid the shrubbery will trick him.

I'm going to miss that lush.

Top Bottom