• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Chuckie

1. why are there Imperial era TIE Fighters on the cover
First I thought it was just a 'regular' First Order TIE instead of those Special Forces two-seater. But those are also supposed to be black.... so yeah those are Imperial TIE's.

2. why is there a First Order officer wearing an Imperial uniform

I seriously have no idea :p

Comic is crap, confirmed!

I finally got around to finishing Thrawn. It was fairly slow-paced but I enjoyed it a lot. Getting an insight into Thrawn's early days in the Empire and Pryce's rise to governorship made it well worth the read, especially leading into Season 3 of Rebels. She's evil, that one.

I wonder if Vanto will turn up again. I was expecting
Thrawn to recommend he captained his own ship but it'll be interesting to see if he and the Chiss make a reappearance any time soon. I loved how Thrawn's first line from his reveal in the Rebels Season 3 trailer was something he heard from Nightswan too, "To defeat an enemy, you must know them."
Nice little reference.

Snaku

Banned
Vader's Vault ran one of their "ready to ship" sales earlier today, and I managed to snag a Force Awakens Graflex. Been wanting to buy one from them for a long time, but they only do a limited run of them a few times a year, and the wait time can run up to several months. But this thing is ready to go, and I should have it next week. This is my first lightsaber purchase since I bought the Darth Maul toy lightsaber back in 1999. Really excited to finally own something as close to the real deal as possible. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Quick

Banned
x4zh1tF.jpg

I hope this means it's called Solo.

"I'm solo, I'm Han Solo, I'm Han Solo. Solo."

GVJWnH0.gif

Oozer3993

Vader's Vault ran one of their "ready to ship" sales earlier today, and I managed to snag a Force Awakens Graflex. Been wanting to buy one from them for a long time, but they only do a limited run of them a few times a year, and the wait time can run up to several months. But this thing is ready to go, and I should have it next week. This is my first lightsaber purchase since I bought the Darth Maul toy lightsaber back in 1999. Really excited to finally own something as close to the real deal as possible. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Nice! I have a Graflex 2.0 hilt that I need to get around to adding electronics and stuff to one of these days. I want to have it done for Episode VIII.

Hey guys! Coupla things:

1) A little bit ago I got curious as to what the "Rey Grabs the Lightsaber" moment woulda sounded like if Williams' original cue from the soundtrack had been used. So I cut it in.

It looks & sounds kinda like this.

It's not perfect because I believe they continued editing the sequence after Williams initially scored the moment, and the final edit was too long for both his cue and for the tracked in music they did use (they timestretched that piece, as it turns out) but I think it provides a decent idea as to how it would have played.

2) for people who have been waiting for Star Wars Oxygen to return (it probably won't) but aren't really feeling like going back and listening to the whole series all over again, there's a fan-edit of the show that removes EVERYTHING that isn't commentary on the film scores. No guests, no listener emails, no special episodes about other media. Just the commentary on the themes, recordings, and soundtrack releases from the 8 films.

The playlist starts here.

Takes the show from 38 episodes down to 21, and shrinks the average episode length from 80 minutes to about 30.

Hey guys! Coupla things:

1) A little bit ago I got curious as to what the "Rey Grabs the Lightsaber" moment woulda sounded like if Williams' original cue from the soundtrack had been used. So I cut it in.

It looks & sounds kinda like this.

It's not perfect because I believe they continued editing the sequence after Williams initially scored the moment, and the final edit was too long for both his cue and for the tracked in music they did use (they timestretched that piece, as it turns out) but I think it provides a decent idea as to how it would have played.

2) for people who have been waiting for Star Wars Oxygen to return (it probably won't) but aren't really feeling like going back and listening to the whole series all over again, there's a fan-edit of the show that removes EVERYTHING that isn't commentary on the film scores. No guests, no listener emails, no special episodes about other media. Just the commentary on the themes, recordings, and soundtrack releases from the 8 films.

The playlist starts here.

Takes the show from 38 episodes down to 21, and shrinks the average episode length from 80 minutes to about 30.

Interesting to hear it composited in; but, Burning Homestead is only and correct choice. From the Hero's Journey perspective that moment in ANH is Luke's barrier crossing moment where he reaches his decision to leave his life behind and openly embrace his journey. Rey calling the saber to her hand is the same moment. The talisman that was previously rejected is finally accepted willingly.

During post production for TFA, I let out an audible cheer when I heard that JJ requested it. All doubts about if the sequels would "get" Star Wars were washed away with that decision.

Yeah, I prefer The Return Home as well, and specifically for those reasons, which became pretty apparent after leaving the theater and talking about it with friends - that music cue SEEMS out of place if you think of it in plot context, but if you think of it thematically - it fits PERFECTLY. And the "Dies Irae" quote in the brass is perfect, really. She's claimed her destiny, but it's still an uncertain leap she just made.

Good to know that Abrams himself made that call - I am curious as to how that moment came about in the edit though - the shots aren't really timed to the music, and the music was manipulated to fit the moment.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Looks like LucasFilm is now flying solo in Han Solo

Not surprising tbh. Movie always sounded like the worst. But then Star Wars had always production troubles.

Looks like LucasFilm is now flying solo in Han Solo

Not surprising tbh. Movie always sounded like the worst. But then Star Wars had always production troubles.

I'm pretty stunned by the news I must admit, especially with the film being several months into filming. The creative team was the most exciting aspect of the film.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The movie completly lost me when I heard that the movie revolves around Han "earning" the name Solo, which implies that this is just a nickname, which is the worst retcon and thats a archivement that for a Star Wars movie nowadays

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The movie completly lost me when I heard that the movie revolves around Han "earning" the name Solo, which implies that this is just a nickname, which is the worst retcon and thats a archivement that for a Star Wars movie nowadays

You misunderstood, it was a way to say you would see how he got to become the Han Solo we all know and love, and not literally how he got the name "Han Solo".

sphagnum

Banned
Lots of comics today! Poe was eh but the Vader and Maul comics were pretty good. I expected Vader to stay on that desert world though, I didn't think Sheev seriously just dropped him off to make him find the ship.

It's Ron to the rescue then...

Lucasfilm is pleased to announce that Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has been named director of the untitled Han Solo film.

“At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began forty years ago,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “With that in mind, we’re thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July.”

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The untitled Han Solo film is slated for a May 25, 2018, release.

Stop lying to me.

Honestly, though, at this point I hope it gets pushed back so they have more time to salvage the movie. If this was a normal film, we would've had a trailer any week now, and I doubt that's gonna happen now.

Surfinn

Stop lying to me.

Honestly, though, at this point I hope it gets pushed back so they have more time to salvage the movie. If this was a normal film, we would've had a trailer any week now, and I doubt that's gonna happen now.
I'd be fucking shocked if it doesn't release in December

Announced on the Star Wars show today that the Rebels S3 Blu-ray will be out 8/29. And for the first time episodes will have an audio commentary track!

Announced on the Star Wars show today that the Rebels S3 Blu-ray will be out 8/29. And for the first time episodes will have an audio commentary track!

And here's a few more details from the official site:

dUs71rF.jpg

Bonus Features:

Return To Mandalore
Explore where Mandalore fits within the Empire's regime – and whether Sabine can unite her people against the Imperial forces.

Thrawn: A Legend Reborn
Learn Thrawn's significance in Star Wars lore, and what the future may hold for this memorable villain.

Apprentices to Outcasts: Kenobi And Maul
Track two adversaries who've clashed throughout Star Wars history, and find out why the time was right to conclude their story.

The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns – Extended
Meet the Original Rebel. This exclusive extended version features Forest Whitaker discussing the character he brings to life in both Rebels and Rogue One.

Five Audio Commentaries
Featuring Dave Filoni (Executive Producer), Justin Ridge (Supervising Director), Kilian Plunkett (Art Director), Keith Kellogg (Animation Supervisor) and Joel Aron (CG Supervisor: Lighting & FX)

A Rebel Alliance
Discover how the formation of the Rebel Alliance in Rebels ties into the Rogue One timeline – and the exciting story possibilities that lie ahead for season 4.

Rebels Recon
Go behind the scenes with the cast and crew in 19 entertaining and information-packed episode recaps!

Disc Specifications:
Release Date: August 29, 2017
Format: Blu-ray (3-Disc) & DVD (4-Disc)
Rating: TVY7 FV; CE: PG; CF: G (Bonus Material Not Rated)
Run Time: Approximately 485 minutes (not including bonus)
Closed Captioned: Yes
Aspect Ratio: 1:78 (Widescreen)
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Languages/Subtitles: English, French, German & Spanish

ezra's face

sphagnum

Banned
Screaming Citadel finished today.

I guess overall it was better than the Yoda arc or Last Flight of the Harbinger but still disappointing.

Top Bottom