• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2017 |OT|

Picked up Gears 4 and Halo 4 for $14.99 each on Bestbuy.com. Amazon is being really bad at price matching, makes me glad I let Prime lapse in September. Has anyone seen Tekken 7 on PC for the same price that the console versions are selling for? ($19 or so).

They flat-out suck this year, no innovation whatsoever with their deals from what I've seen. Just some price-matches here and there. I remember 5 years ago when I grabbed the white Assassin's Creed Vita( first 6-7 months on the market) with a 3 month Plus sub, AC Liberation, a 4gb card, voucher for PS all-stars, $10 voucher for AC III on Ps3/360 for $179. What happened to that amazon?!

MadMod

Man I was asleep during the switch mario limited edition console sale on Amazon, its sold out. If anyone sees that could I get a heads up? (UK)

Gloggins

Tekken 7 for £26.99 (Amazon.co.uk) - not the best deal ever but I've been waiting for a sub-£30 price point.

I'm not getting them yet but The Evil Within 2 + Wolfenstein 2 console versions are £19.99 each on Amazon.co.uk.

I bought Just Cause 3 for my XB1. I got the pack with all the DLC etc for $27 AUD.
People werent kidding about the frame rate drops. Sometimes its like playing underwater. Ive never seen anything so bad, occur so regularly in a game. Even with that significant flaw, the game is still fun though. Maybe one day, I will have the chance to play it on a One X.

Bubba77

Heads up. Astro gaming is having a black Friday sale on all their headsets and accessories :

http://www.astrogaming.com/shop/bla...RR3nfPXyc_JkMmpA4BjS4oYGKpsf79P0aAmOWEALw_wcB

Not only are the A50s 25% off, matching the Best Buy sale, but the A50 base station are also available for 25% off too.

I am getting two Xbox A50s and two PS4 base stations so now I can do co op gaming with my wife on either our PS4 Pros or Our Xbox One Xs with only two wireless headsets!

Hrm id like to do this. Are you xb1 and ps4 base stations in the same room? How does the headset know which one you want to use?

Heads up. Astro gaming is having a black Friday sale on all their headsets and accessories :

http://www.astrogaming.com/shop/bla...RR3nfPXyc_JkMmpA4BjS4oYGKpsf79P0aAmOWEALw_wcB

Not only are the A50s 25% off, matching the Best Buy sale, but the A50 base station are also available for 25% off too.

I am getting two Xbox A50s and two PS4 base stations so now I can do co op gaming with my wife on either our PS4 Pros or Our Xbox One Xs with only two wireless headsets!
Any other promo codes that stack with this or is 25% off the best Ill get out of Astro?

Hmm Amazon looks weak this year... waiting for a good PS VR deal...

You got the $299 GT Sport at $299( old model though) and the Skyrim at $350 but is currently OOS on amazon, $100 off MSRP. I should have pulled the trigger on the Skyrim one but procrastinated, hopefully they come back soon...

Athreous

You got the $299 GT Sport at $299( old model though) and the Skyrim at $350 but is currently OOS on amazon, $100 off MSRP. I should have pulled the trigger on the Skyrim one but procrastinated, hopefully they come back soon...

There are some 250/200$ models without any games, but I lost those deals =(

everyer

Gotcha. I am worried I am going to buy it due to it's critical success, convincing myself that I am gonna enjoy it but end up never playing it.

This is a really brilliant game, my taste, best of the best.
Divinity Original Sin Enhanced edition is the best ever local and online coop RPG for console.

Different from witcher3, in this game, you can do alll imagines and the game will reward you, you can think of quite a lot different ways to do a quest, I feel the real freedom since Burlder’s Gate.

Pick it! They are design a masterpiece 2017 CRPG in 2017, not like others making 1998 CRPG in 2017 with unfriendly UI and system

Sweet, I was able to get 3 Xbox live 3-month cards at best buy without issue. Thinking of buying more today.

Edit- target 20% coupon on the 28th plan backfired. They excluded consoles -_-

Just racked up a grand on my Amazon black friday shop. Wife will probably do double that to restore balance to the Universe lol.

Got a new Intuos Pro, some RAM, Rebelle 2, some 4K Blu Rays and a few other things. That's me set for Christmas!

Teuoxton

Edit- target 20% coupon on the 28th plan backfired. They excluded consoles -_-
Yeah they excluded Switch software and peripherals too. You can almost get 20% off by stacking the 5% Redcard with the 15% Cyber Monday though! (Add another 10% if you are able to use an employee discount)

The 15% CM deal is supposed to be store-wide but the official page isn't up yet, we'll see...

Yeah they excluded Switch software and peripherals too. You can almost get 20% off by stacking the 5% Redcard with the 15% Cyber Monday though! (Add another 10% if you are able to use an employee discount)

The 15% CM deal is supposed to be store-wide but the official page isn't up yet, we'll see...

Yeah, Cyber Monday is my next option. I hope they allow store pick up with those sales.

Strazyplus

I am looking at everything but this year might be a year for not an upgrade, with all these shortages going on. I am wondering if I should just wait for next year to do any upgrades.

specs if people wanted to know:
Z97S SLI PLUS (MS-7930), Intel Core i5 4690K, 2 sticks of 16GB DDR3 (666.5 MHz) Ram & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. specs collected by Speccy

Space_nut

Just got Wolfensten 2 for $13 brand new :) can't wait to try on my X

Thinking of getting Assains Creed Origins as it looks like the best open world graphics so far! It's $35 at Target

kingbean

I bought some Street Fighter Vs Dark stalkers posters on focus attack. Tempted to get another arcade stick while they're on sale and have free shipping.

NahaNago

All i got this year was a couple of movies so far. I'm probably going to just do the majority of my shopping on cyber monday. I like went into best buy this morning and went out after a minute from seeing the lines.

Man, well I'm salty tried all last night and all morning to get the PS4 Pro Destiny bundle off amazon and could not get it. Said it was successfully added to cart a dozen times but by time I went to cart would either get an error message or it would sell out again.

=(

isual

was able to get the samsung s8 from best buy for 369 plus tax (15.51 a month for 24 months), but had to call verizon to waive my termination fee (still had 155 left). no downpayment, no cc check, and i'm even eligible for another upgrade asap - must be a bug ?

got injustice 2 for 10 bucks (gamestop) and tekken 7 for 25 (bestbuy).

i think that's pretty much it for me. be safe everyone

Anustart

I'd love to finish my shopping but my damn check won't get here. Ordered to have it mailed on the 16th, they supposedly mailed it on the 20th and still nada.

Hopefully cyber monday still has the deal I want.

Pretty glad with my haul sofar, from GameStop I got:
-the Xbox 360 for $60 that comes with a $60 rebate
-snes Classic (my local store happened to restock a few)
-monopoly gamer (played it with some relatives last night, it's actually really fun!)
-tales of vesperia (360), Disgaea 3 (vita)and house of the dead 2+3 overkill (Wii) for $27 using the b2g1 offer

Especially excited to play Vesperia, I beat the game once about 7 years ago but my disc was defective so the post game dungeon didn't load. On top of that my old 360 barely works, so glad I got the "free" replacement!

Mooreberg

They flat-out suck this year, no innovation whatsoever with their deals from what I've seen. Just some price-matches here and there. I remember 5 years ago when I grabbed the white Assassin's Creed Vita( first 6-7 months on the market) with a 3 month Plus sub, AC Liberation, a 4gb card, voucher for PS all-stars, $10 voucher for AC III on Ps3/360 for $179. What happened to that amazon?!
Yup, just not very impressive, and nobody is really picking up the slack either. Best Buy is relatively headache free, but they don't seem to maintain much inventory on a lot of items. Target has you sign up for this carthwheel thing online so you can get a discount on Dishonored 2... but only in the store. Huh?

I guess I'm just over buying a bunch of games at once, nothing this year is really tempting me to do so.

If anyone is due for a phone upgrade, Walmart and Target have a deal where you can upgrade your phone or add a new line forr $0 down (just pay state tax on the phone), and you'll recieve a giftcard for up to $300. Plus target will give you an additional $25 giftcard if you buy a One S.

https://i.imgur.com/EaT6AKx.jpg

Ecto311

If anyone is due for a phone upgrade, Walmart and Target have a deal where you can upgrade your phone or add a new line forr $0 down (just pay state tax on the phone), and you'll recieve a giftcard for up to $300. Plus target will give you an additional $25 giftcard if you buy a One S.

https://i.imgur.com/EaT6AKx.jpg

My mom did this today and they cant give her an X or preorder and iPhone X at all. They said they sold some phones last night and had the people come back today for the activations. My mom waited over 2 hours in store for them to tell her they can't do shit. I would be really cautious of taking a trip to that shit hole to be told no once you get to the one person who knows what they are doing.

Did disgaea 5 ever come back on bestbuy.com? I have been checking when I could today from work and never seen it. Hoping amazon has it or them on cyber monday.

isual

My mom did this today and they cant give her an X or preorder and iPhone X at all. They said they sold some phones last night and had the people come back today for the activations. My mom waited over 2 hours in store for them to tell her they can't do shit. I would be really cautious of taking a trip to that shit hole to be told no once you get to the one person who knows what they are doing.

Did disgaea 5 ever come back on bestbuy.com? I have been checking when I could today from work and never seen it. Hoping amazon has it or them on cyber monday.

same here. but, instead of waiting, they put me in a 'waiting list' and said i'll be called in tomorrow.

ymmv, but i already got my s8 - which i wanted from the beginning, but just a tad shame about not getting the 300 sheks giftcard - would have loved to use it for vidya in 2018. shietttt

They actually had the deal going on thtoughout the week to combat the black friday horde. I got my giftcard on sunday, and just waited unti yesterday to use it.

isual

They actually had the deal going on thtoughout the week to combat the black friday horde. I got my giftcard on sunday, and just waited unti yesterday to use it.

damn. if this was the case, i did not see it. oh wells.

edit - actually, i did the math. best buy's 15.51/month for 24 months is better than target's 30/month for 24 months with a 300 dollar giftcard.

why is this the case? because phone's depreciate in value, and i find that paying 420 w/tax for a phone is better than 850 w/tax over time.

also, if i were to sell my s8 in a year or two, it most likely will be at 300 - 400 in value basing this on current trends of high end phones.

The deal at Wal-Mart stacks with att deal of buy one get one free.

So I bought two note 8s for the price of just one AND got 300$ Wal-Mart gift card.

:)

kunonabi

Looks my final haul is:

Sony ubp-x800 4k blu ray player
Hanasaku iroha blu ray bundle with the entire series and the movie
The Amazing Spider-Man 4K Limited Edition Collection
The new gkids blu ray releases of Spirited Away and Nausicaa

The Spider-man set was an Amazon lightning deal and im not sure if the gkids discounts were black friday related but close enough for me.

We got:

Xbox One S at Best Buy $189.99
1 month Gold Live Best Buy $9.99
Destiny 2 Xbox at Gamestop $27.00
Ryse Xbox

Ps4:

Playstation Store: Rainbow Six $20 and Morrowind $20
PS+ Best Buy $39.00

Pretty good haul and wasn't planning on getting anything just yet.

Edit: $9.99 3 month Gold Live at Best Buy

We got:

Ryse Xbox

Ps4:

PS+ Best Buy $39.99

Great deals all around, but that $9.99 is what MS charges per month all year round. Actually, thats worse then a deal! lol It's $59.99 for a full year of Gold.

We got:

Ryse Xbox

Ps4:

PS+ Best Buy $39.99

1 month gold at bestbuy for $9.99? I just looked on their website and its 3 months for that price, normal $24.99. People have been buying them in lots of 4 and stacking to get a year.

Top Bottom