• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

xuchu

Is anyone getting the master team crusher and quick conquered titles. Did it twice on both way of the strong and samurai but it's not popping up. Bugged?

Izuna

Banned
Extraction buff, lawd

Back Attacks aren't are silly but they're still super powerful.

Debuffs being removed when using Quick-Change is great

I think Hanzo + Okatsu is the hardest mission in this update, which isn't as hard as Oda+Ice lady

Is anyone getting the master team crusher and quick conquered titles. Did it twice on both way of the strong and samurai but it's not popping up. Bugged?

I'm getting them fine. At least, on way of Samurai

sh4mike

Oda, Yuki, and Obsidian at the same time.

That was amazing in Torii, we didn't even get Oda to 50%. I want to watch Izuna, Xuchu, or Zack solo it!

Whoops just got greedy and died to OS with 1%hp, gotta go play a splatoon now, but I got nothingness but praise for this update. ( Nothing unlocks after right? )

xuchu

Extraction buff, lawd

Back Attacks aren't are silly but they're still super powerful.

Debuffs being removed when using Quick-Change is great

I think Hanzo + Okatsu is the hardest mission in this update, which isn't as hard as Oda+Ice lady

I'm getting them fine. At least, on way of Samurai

Yeah just got it. I think you have to do it without dying or something.

Edit: seems as though to get any crusher title on the new missions you have to do it without dying, so after each attempt you have to quit out to the map. That's annoying.

xuchu

Yeah it's most likely Torii.

Yoshitsugu and Mitsunari are fought together, and when you kill one Shima Sakon spawns.

It is Tori exclusive. Way of the strong has yoshitsugu and then mitsunari and a cannon yokai appears when you get yoshitsugu to half health.

Izuna

Banned
Weird bug...

Accidentally sold all my items (mats, especially special ones) and they didn't appear in buy back.

I don't think I can ever get them back anymore. Welp?

My last online save is exactly a month ago, when I stopped playing, so I'd have to do all the missions again on Way of Samurai...

Pfft

xuchu

You know the video from before? I didn't get any of the titles for that xD

Yeah, just did hanzo and okatsu no damage myself and didn't get any titles. In order to get the master team crusher, I had to do without dying so use the himorigi fragment after each attempt. Trying to get the ninja duo crusher now using the same method. Will report back when and if successful.

SephiZack

Yeah, just did hanzo and okatsu no damage myself and didn't get any titles. In order to get the master team crusher, I had to do without dying so use the himorigi fragment after each attempt. Trying to get the ninja duo crusher now using the same method. Will report back when and if successful.

That might be it and it's probably a bug because in the old missions you didn't have to do it first try

Izuna

Banned
Bah, I have to get off and do school work.

I love that this update is here to hold us until the DLC. I should have done way of strong first tbh, it's much more fun

How do you get the good weapons? Just by randomly farming?
I can't find a better weapon that the ones you got on the last boss yet, I'm doing some NG+ mission.

seabass0

So, the Digital Deluxe bundle (Game + Season Pass) is $54 right now. Just bought it!

I'm a Souls vet (hundreds of hours across all Soulsborne games). What do I need to know (or more importantly forget) before diving in to Nioh?

SephiZack

So, the Digital Deluxe bundle (Game + Season Pass) is $54 right now. Just bought it!

I'm a Souls vet (hundreds of hours across all Soulsborne games). What do I need to know (or more importantly forget) before diving in to Nioh?

You can't dodge out of a combo. If you get hit by a boss attack, you can get out by guarding. (If you try to dodge after getting hit like in Souls you'll just get stunlocked to death)

I think that's the main thing. Most of the time when I see someone complaining that Nioh bosses are unfair compared to Souls bosses because "one combo and you die" is because that person is trying to dodge out of the combos

seabass0

You can't dodge out of a combo. If you get hit by a boss attack, you can get out by guarding. (If you try to dodge after getting hit like in Souls you'll just get stunlocked to death)

Interesting, thanks. Do you typically have enough stamina after absorbing a hit to pull off a block? What if you're playing a light weight Ninja build?

Picked up the DLC pack on sale. Only the second one after Fallout 4 which had a relatively good sale before release. Now also using the William Adams avatar, nice little extra I guess from the pack.

SephiZack

Interesting, thanks. Do you typically have enough stamina after absorbing a hit to pull off a block? What if you're playing a light weight Ninja build?

It mostly depends on the boss and your stats. I have always played with a light build and was mostly ok. You might finish your stamina after the block and be vulnerable for 2 seconds (1 second with a rare armour skill called "out of stamina ki recovery")

H
anzo
+O
katsu
down first try on Way of the Strong. Let's fucking go.

REMINDER FOR THE THREAD

Please be mindful of spoilers. We have people in this OT who just bought the game.

IGA STYLE DOWN FIRST TRY.

Gwyndolin's right. That mission is fucking FUN.

so some weird shit happened on PSN on getting the Season Pass.
#fuckPSN

Goto to buy it and everything and get met with an error code. k whatever ill do it again. doesnt let me. say dafuq and go buy overcooked. come back and it now says download but it wont let me download.

EXPLAIN PLEASE. did i buy something i cant use??

so some weird shit happened on PSN on getting the Season Pass.
#fuckPSN

Goto to buy it and everything and get met with an error code. k whatever ill do it again. doesnt let me. say dafuq and go buy overcooked. come back and it now says download but it wont let me download.

EXPLAIN PLEASE. did i buy something i cant use??

None of the season pass content is out yet. Today's update was a free one. The first season pass content is out next month.

Izuna

Banned
Ive got like 4 papers due in the next couple weeks. Nioh > university

I got one paper, two exams (one of which is like, insignificant)by end of next week. Then I'm chill for a month before finals.

The problem is that I have work. I'm gunna be too tired for either Nioh or studying. Hrm..

Well, that's something, just stumbled into my first Yasakani Magatama drop from
Joro-Gumo
during
The Demon King Revealed
. A 146 not 150 due to it being Way of the Samurai (getting back up to speed, I was at first taking hits when hitting right trigger, expecting to evade like NierA...) but I'll take it for now.

xuchu

Wow any tips on getting the kensai title. Just going for bare handed parries but it take 10 parries to kill them. At least it's one at a time.

Hybris

Tested sword of executioner damage before and after patch. Tested on a random humanoid enemy in Disappearing Ratanji

Before patch: 2053
After patch: 1628

Pretty big nerf!

Top Bottom