• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gags served her best look ever last night, whew

W2aDv2h.gif

Also the total snubbing of rih was nagl. Two years ago I wouldn't have cared but she really DID THAT with anti.
Ah well, the queen of fashion and finally making a great album remains unbothered.

rihanna-drinking-drink-l3q2DAkN74IanC8AE

Rihanna had the burden of releasing her magnum opus the same year as her more talented peer's magnum opus, so she was overshadowed in pretty much every category where they converge. A shame, but would anyone really say that Anti is better than Lemonade?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Rihanna had the burden of releasing her magnum opus the same year as her more talented peer's magnum opus, so she was overshadowed in pretty much every category where they converge. A shame, but would anyone really say that Anti is better than Lemonade?
Nope, but then again we have people that say 25 is better than Lemonade...and somehow Purpose is better than both...

Floridian

It's always been that way to me, and i'm not the only one.

cory64

Lemonade is the better media project, but ANTI is the better album

tumblr_olanbpszL21u6y3dwo1_400.gif

To the real music stans...

Is The Suburbs considered a good album? I can't get into it like I can Reflektor or the back half of Funeral. I find it so weird that the AOTY went to this album, but Reflektor went unrecognized.

b4mMUCu.gif

It is a classic.

DOWN

Banned
Why are people saying Bey blew a kiss to Rih?

More importantly why can Rih come say hi to Jay and Blue, yet never have a Bey feature?

tenor.gif

DOWN

Banned
I get so mad when I see those horrible YouTube videos that got uploaded by Bieber as alleged music videos

Like the one for Love Yourself is so cheap looking in quality and like it looks like one of 1000 interpretive dance pop videos on YouTube that I skip

Brhoom

Banned
Theory: What if the grammy committee just doesn't favor giving AOTY to an album with a ton of writers and producers on it?

Just looking at the past AOTY winners this decade, Beyonce's albums have a significant number of chefs in the kitchen when compared to those that have won.

I guess in that regard, I can see why the level of artistry in 25 would be preferred to Lemonade.

This might be true.

In Legend news:

Come through Joanne <3

3Ct6PQf.gif

Million Reasons is her best song after all so she deserves it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Perry debuted at #5 with 111k sales. I guess she continues getting top 10 hits. Female MJ continues

WaffleTaco

Work deserved SOTY
Lol this is funny
And what terms do we think Drake and Rihanna are on now?
They are going to stay apart till 2018 or 2019 or whenever they feel it would boost their albums...
Ugh

Wildest Dreams is still &#127881;&#127881;&#127881;

Such a good song. The instrumental alone is incredible tbh
I love that song, even before it came a single
I get so mad when I see those horrible YouTube videos that got uploaded by Bieber as alleged music videos

Like the one for Love Yourself is so cheap looking in quality and like it looks like one of 1000 interpretive dance pop videos on YouTube that I skip
I actually like that song.
Chained to the failure is still flopping I see.
111k is flopping?
Perry debuted at #5 with 111k sales. I guess she continues getting top 10 hits. Female MJ continues
Told ya guys it was going to be high. It's not her fault 50 Shades movie came out plus Ed Sheeran played SNL and Grammy's too.

WaffleTaco

Looks like Maroon 5 is continuing the theme of its last song. Check out Cold feat. Future. Their album should be dropping soonish.

Personally I think it's just okay, Don't Wanna Know is better.

llehuty

Oooop. A reverse "Lana del Rey destroys first week sales record" tea.

Predictions stay being useless. People sometimes just try to hard.

tbh the OP should be aligned with this chart. THIS is the tea

C4amNX2WcAAo9yK.jpg

When it's black and white in front of you like this, it just puts everything into perspective.
His lack of perspective ended up with a ban.

WaffleTaco

Honestly I am surprised Dangerous Woman sold that much in the first week. That song was so boring.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I didnt knew Perra made fun of Britney's mental health at the grannies. Reading magazines and celebrities dragging her now. Yikes

DOWN

Banned
I didnt knew Perra made fun of Britney's mental health at the grannies. Reading magazines and celebrities dragging her now. Yikes
Didn't know about that either :/ That was nasty

Reminds me of Miley being awful about Sinead O'Connor

rhandino

Banned
The hipocrisy.

I guess it's not kosher to make fun of Britney meltdowns like it was a few years back isn't

EDIT: Not saying that it was wrong of them to criticize Perry but it's kind of a mess when they got so much money from doing more or less the same thing a while back.

DOWN

Banned
She did what now

Mess
Jokes that her long period between albums is because she was taking care of her mental health and hasn't shaved her head yet, then in another interview says she went blonde and will save shaving her head for her mental breakdown

Doubled down on the joke yikes
The hipocrisy.

I guess it's not kosher to make fun of Britney meltdowns like it was a few years back isn't

EDIT: Not saying that it was wrong of them to criticize Perry but it's kind of a mess when they got so much money from doing more or less the same thing a while back.
This as well tbh. The companies making money saying Katy Perry fucked up also made bank sensationalizing the very breakdown Katy referenced. But I think at this point a lot of people know better and Katy should at least be in that group.

The hipocrisy.

Agrihd.

Both are in the wrong.

Rihanna would never

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom