• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft files trademark for "Battletoads"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bv3swdC.png

"Rare building a uniquely Rare game"

Man, that could be the worst thing ever or the best thing ever, depending on what 'era' of Rare we are talking about.

Metzhara

I'll be honest and say I think Battletoads is horrendously over-rated. I will however say that hopefully a new entry could change my mind.
I mean, I love KI. I'm super excited for Phantom Dust.
Unless MS came out and said "New Voodoo Vince/MechAssault/Crimson Skies" then there's really only so many ways to stop my heart.

Silky

Banned
I'll be honest and say I think Battletoads is horrendously over-rated. I will however say that hopefully a new entry could change my mind.
Unless MS came out and said "New Voodoo Vince/MechAssault/Crimson Skies" then there's really only so many ways to stop my heart.

Well Voodoo Vince is Phil's favorite game iirc.

ElTopo

Banned

I agree. There's good ideas in the original game but it wasn't done very well, the controls weren't great, and that difficulty...

The SNES game is horrible, it's just a remake of the 1st game but with 2-3 new levels. The Double Dragon crossover was pretty good.

Lernaean

Banned
The last thing i'd call Battletoads is overrated.
No, i don't mean it's underrated, but it was a great game for its time, with a lot of new ideas and mechanics, and above all, it oozed style.
For what it was, it was severely overlooked.
Also, about the difficulty. I was like, 13yo back then, or something like that, and i don't remember it being unbeatable or even way too hard. I found out that people had problem beating it years latter from the internet.

I agree. There's good ideas in the original game but it wasn't done very well, the controls weren't great, and that difficulty...

The SNES game is horrible
, it's just a remake of the 1st game but with 2-3 new levels. The Double Dragon crossover was pretty good.

Actually, the SNES Game was the best in the series, IMHO. And also, difficulty is now a negative point? what? It was a challenge. Can't say that about most of todays games.

virtualS

Microsoft have the keys to my gaming heart with Rare. The main reason why I eventually end up purchasing their consoles is for traditional Rare IP. Get a new Battletoads on there without screwing it up and the XOne becomes a must buy at some point.

Microsoft have the keys to my gaming heart with Rare. The main reason why I eventually end up purchasing their consoles is for traditional Rare IP. Get a new Battletoads on there without screwing it up and the XOne becomes a must buy at some point.

they essentialy have their own nintendo with rare no idea why they don't go ham, I know there is going to be some on here that think you need to have original developers to make a game again but i disagree i like fresh hands on franchises and perhaps some input from the old school guys if it's wrong it's wrong but it has potential to be great - this should also be interesting inregards to Gears of war/Halo where things could be either up or down...

so whatever this original title is i can't wait

Camjo-Z

Banjo! Perfect Dark! Viva Pinata! Jet Force Gemini! Battletoads! Blast Corps!

IT'S
ALL
GONNA
BE
THERE
it won't be there and we'll all be disappointed for the millionth time in a row

It reminds you that Microsoft has a lot of IPs we've not seen for a while. Even if you take out the Rare IPs, I wonder if Microsoft are sleeping on all the other franchises they have from their PC division.

Midtown Madness, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, Dungeon Siege, Freelancer, MechAssault. Possible more? They used to publish quite a lot of games back in the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom