• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

Ban Puncher

sVlnB.gif

I love these Nintendo Directs, nothing says "lol games journalism" than giving access to the people rather than those tools.

I thought this too. I just don't really use sites for Nintendo content now. Launch stuff I will, previews/reviews. But the usual trailers, information, screens, announcements, and release dates? No.

I'm not sure if other companies can do the same though as Iwata has led on this very very strongly. I don't think without ND's that Nintendo would be going through 3DS and into WiiU launch with as much good-feeling from some quarters. Its a very personal provision of content. Can't wait to see it expand over the next few years.

Lucent

I hope there are some demos soon after release so I'll have more to play than Nintendoland. lol. Really hope'n for a Wonderful 101 demo sometime, too. The characters remind me so much of Viewtiful Joe.

I hope there are some demos soon after release so I'll have more to play than Nintendoland. lol. Really hope'n for a Wonderful 101 demo sometime, too. The characters remind me so much of Viewtiful Joe.
Speaking of demos, I sincerely hope they don't give them the 3DS treatment and only allow a limited amount of plays.

sakipon

I don't use Twitter so once again I'm looking forward to checking the translations in real time from the OP. Thanks for updating them here aswell.

Medalion

Banned
You don't need a full hour dedicated to Miiverse

Most of that time will be of Iwata bowing and talkng against a static background, maybe even an appearance by Brain Training Iwata devil avatar

My schedule for tomorrow

12:00AM-5:00AM Sleep
5:00-6:00 New One Piece/Naruto/Bleach chapters
6:00-6:45 Nintendo Direct
7:00-3:00 Work
3:30-11:00 Xenoblade Chronicles

My day is looking pretty spectacular

My body is ready

majik13

Weird people still care about this, I played the Resident Evil one the most and still had like 10 tries left.

I must be missing why people want the opportunity to play a demo more than they actually will.

Yeah there is only 1 demo I played over and over, that was Battlefield: MC on the original xbox. Otherwise I only play a demo once, and hardly ever twice. Its really not an issue.

Weird people still care about this, I played the Resident Evil one the most and still had like 10 tries left.

I must be missing why people want the opportunity to play a demo more than they actually will.

Who knows? If it was a single try demo, sure, maybe that'd be stupid, but the least I've seen is 5 or 6. Theatrhythm Demo was unlimited in the US, iirc too. Most demos seem to be 30 tries. If you need to play a demo that many times to decide whether you like the game enough to pay money for it, the answer is probably no.

Who knows? If it was a single try demo, sure, maybe that'd be stupid, but the least I've seen is 5 or 6. Theatrhythm Demo was unlimited in the US, iirc too. Most demos seem to be 30 tries. If you need to play a demo that many times to decide whether you like the game enough to pay money for it, the answer is probably no.

Yeah, my bad, every demo I have tried is 30 tries, forgot they varied but still it's not a big deal to me.

Style Savvy demo has 5 tries.

I largely wanted to use the demo as a way to get new clothing ideas for drawing characters. I was disappointed that it was 5 tries, but I later realized that if it was unlimited like a normal demo, I'd probably use the demo forever and not ever buy the game. lol So I guess the demo limit thing has merit. :(

zroid

Banned
If you need to play a demo that many times to decide whether you like the game enough to pay money for it, the answer is probably no.

Or, alternately, if you like a game enough to play the exact same fragment of its content more than like ~15-20 times, it's time to buy it, you goddamn cheapass.

Style Savvy demo has 5 tries.

I largely wanted to use the demo as a way to get new clothing ideas for drawing characters. I was disappointed that it was 5 tries, but I later realized that if it was unlimited like a normal demo, I'd probably use the demo forever and not ever buy the game. lol So I guess the demo limit thing has merit. :(

5 is definitely unfairly low, imo. But yeah, the fact that limits exist makes sense.

Top Bottom