• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd party console demos at Gamescom seem to be running on devkits

On this one and pretty much everything else regarding Sony/Microsoft.

Pro-Tip: If you want actual unbiased info on both consoles, don't go on NeoGaf.

If you have such an obvious distaste and lack of trust for what you read on NeoGAF, why do you post here? Maybe it'd be best to go somewhere else, instead of insulting all of us users and implying the entire site has a pro-Sony bias.

Muzy72

Banned
Thanks!

On another note, it seems EA are using actual Xbox Ones though:

2013-08-21T131156Z_921655877_BM2E98L13VZ01_RTRMADP_3_CONSOLES-GAMESCOM.JPG

Is Kinect really that big??? I'm not gonna have room for that thing

omg it isn't running in the ps4 enviroment! That's not what PS4 dev kits look like hurr hurr. OMG does this mean what we see at Gamescom is going to be downgraded before launch? no wonder this game looks so far ahead of Forza 5, they must be using all that extra juice to turn the graphics up to 11! Are they using an Nvidia gpu instead of AMD? If they are, ooooohhhh boooyyy

/fake outrage

Deriok

Banned
If you have such an obvious distaste and lack of trust for what you read on NeoGAF, why do you post here? Maybe it'd be best to go somewhere else, instead of insulting all of us users and implying the entire site has a pro-Sony bias.

I'm sorry but I'm not insulting "all of you". I called out someone which posted something incoherent.

And no. I don't hate Neogaf. But when it comes to next-gen consoles, there's a clear bias in here. I'm not going to leave because of that though.

FIFA 14, Forza, KI, Project Spark, Ryse, Dead Rising etc. ran on X1's but BF4 and Crimson Dragon ran in debug env on PC's and it was a s*** storm.

EvB

Imagine if all the emphasis on PC-like architecture it actually turned out PS4s were in fact PCs running Windows 7, with a Knack wallpaper.

jayu26

Know something that we don't?

Not sure, but I think he means this...

nop, thats the xbox stand. xbox's own stand with third party game, that stand us using REAL xbox ones. all other stands use pc's.

so to clarify.

BOTH xbox and sony use real consoles at their OWN stands.all other stands use PC'S. the reason for this is because both party's want to use the units for shipping to retail instead of demoboots of third party publishers

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This guy http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657813
says infamous looks even better in person than the media we've seen for it, which includes your alleged downsampled 4k bullshots. he's also not a fanboy as he has both + and - impressions for both sony & ms

it's time to accept that next-gen will deliver a true leap

so you're willing to pin yourself to the idea that the final release will have this level of image quality?:

image_infamous_second_son-22309-2661_0008.jpg

i mean, a guy at the show said so. sounds like a lock.

redfirm

Banned
so you're willing to pin yourself to the idea that the final release will have this level of image quality?:

TBH, i can confirm that you can exactly expect that quality. I saw this game on a big ass screen from 1 meter away being played live. I never liked infamous until that moment. IT LOOKS AMAZING!~

velociraptor

Eh, of course it isn't going to look 100% like that, but I would expect the game to look very close. Besides, it's easier to nitpick aliasing in screenshots versus motion.

Finalizer

Nope, wasn't me. Wish it was though lol

Okay, now it's gonna bug me. There's a thread where someone said something along the lines of "sorry for reposting this, but it took me long enough to make this" and somehow I thought that was you lol.

Detective tiem.

EDIT: Well that was faster than I expected. It was by sn00zer. Don't know how I mixed that one up, but yeah.

EDIT 2: Guess I'm 2slo4gaf

Top Bottom