• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us has sold 7 million copies (prior to PS4 Remastered ed.)

Man

Taken from the larger thread:
Guymelef said:
@javi__andres:
https://twitter.com/javi__andres
The Last of Us sold 200k copies in Spain/Portugal, fastest selling exclusive Sony IP.
7M worldwide.

NxhsrMk.png

Mandatory:
banderas-joel-legoq9dmj.gif

Iacobellis

I had no idea TLoU was that huge. Especially for a new IP on a less popular console released so late into a generation.

FinalD

I'm not sure how much PS4 people want this, maybe a few 100k in its first month? However, after all is said and done with a budget/GOTY PS3 release and possibly a budget PS4 release down the line, you guys think it'll reach 10 million eventually?

Its crazy how big The Lats of Us has gotten.

Probably will have an LTD of 10 million. Thats up there with the biggest exclusives like Halo, GT and Smash.

Well deserved.

Zolbrod

Can't say I think it's deserved, but it's sure damn impressive for a new IP.
And I'm always genuinely happy when a game sells well, even if I personally don't like it.

Get_crazy

Banned
The guy who tweeted this also gave details regarding the PS4 version (most of them already known but it's a good wrap up)

BspgfOJIAAEyen4.jpg:large

Bsphf_EIcAESiQX.jpg:large

BspijOTCEAAhTXL.jpg:large

_machine

That's quite a feat, I'm still on the edge on whether to wait to get the PS4 which I probably won't do for a year or so or just get it on my PS3 finally. I don't normally double dip so it'd be a shame to own the inferior versions, but then again I'd love to play the game as I loved the Uncharted series and I have confidence in Naughty Dog and it'd be great research material.

Card Boy

Banned
I wish some of those 7 million wouldn't fuck up every PS4 TLoU thread for me and others who haven't played the game yet.

Why do you need to lock the framerate at 30 FPS if it's locked at 60? It's not going to be locked at 60 isn't it?

That's how I'd take it, but hopefully it's just... I don't know, an option for the 'looks like a soap opera' crowd?

All the other recent games we've seen with 30FPS Lock options have been stuttery 35-45ish messes unlocked, but Naughty Dog has been pretty confidently stating 60 all this time. I wish they'd just release some footage already.

Ninja Dom

Seems kind of low tbh. I'd think with the infinite praise and 80m+ userbasd, it would be able to sell 10m

80m PS3 units sold does not equal 80m users. How many of those units are replacement units for failed/broken PS3's.

I actually think it's kind of high. Because although this game got praised so well, apart from GAF, I don't actually know somebody that's played it. None of my gaming pals have. Is there a demo too?

Why do you need to lock the framerate at 30 FPS if it's locked at 60? It's not going to be locked at 60 isn't it?

Some people will probably find it jarring to see the game (cutscenes) at 60 FPS so for that cinematic experience, 30 FPS is an option.

That's my guess at least.

Locked frame rate at 30 means they're giving you the option guys. Either you can play the silky smooth 60fps or the cinematic 30fps.

Edit: Beaten.

Toki767

80m PS3 units sold does not equal 80m users. How many of those units are replacement units for failed/broken PS3's.

I actually think it's kind of high. Because although this game got praised so well, apart from GAF, I don't actually know somebody that's played it. None of my gaming pals have. Is there a demo too?

This must be the same argument used for Xbox 360 sales with the RROD.

Rosur

If it's 1080/60 why have the option to lock to 30? And damn that's a lot sold.

Maybe some people prefer having it at 30? (or is an old feature...)

Also nice numbers for the PS3 version didn't think it got that high. I'm expecting the next gen version to do a 1/2mill first month.

Top Bottom