• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG, QB spy in ESPN plus more!!!

Cloudy

Banned
Did anyone else watch the defensive training video in the game? A few things I just learned:

- Y will only intercept if you're not controlling the defender. Black button intercepts when you're playing manul defense and white swats

- You can freakin' QB spy with the defensive audible to blitz the qb + R (not the double team, you actually link the arrow to the QB)

- Pressing and holding x (not charging up then x like last year) will do two different types of tackles.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
the problem is, it doesnt work. Try it, and then press the white button for assignments and there is no visual verification the assignment has changed. It could be that it does work and it just doesnt show for some reason, but I doubt that.

Cloudy

Banned
It only seems to work for me with lbs, especially the mlb but most of the time, he ends up getting blocked by the o-line. Doesn't work with cbs at all. Then again, do teams qb spy with cbs IRL? o_O

ShadowRed

Banned
StoOgE said:
the problem is, it doesnt work. Try it, and then press the white button for assignments and there is no visual verification the assignment has changed. It could be that it does work and it just doesnt show for some reason, but I doubt that.

The problem is is that your suppose to hit the right trigger to spy not black button. You are correct that the icon doesn't change to let you know your guy is in spy mode. I honestly can't say that it works or doesn't although there have been a few times that i did it and the MLB hes moved up and hunched over as if he was looking at the QB but i never followed the guy to see if he actually spied.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Spying IRL is only supposed to be the middle linebacker (not a CB) following the QB, especially if he's going to go for a run. Whenever I've done it, it seems to work, but the QB has never taken off and started running, so I can't say 100% that it works. Every time the QB runs, I wasn't spying. You also have to be in a zone defense when you do it.

Ramirez

I played someone who constantly ran with Vick,the spy feature never worked regardless of which LB I chose,wtf isn't it a play in the playbook like Madden?Makes things so much easier.

well, you CAN spy w/ a linebacker, but it's not always a given. for instance, 2 years ago the Bucs shutdown mike vick by using a DOUBLE de spy (simeon rice shadowed him all game long). madden has DESIGNATED qb spy plays, which is what espn needs.

Fifty

Heh, it's kind of funny...The QB spy plays won't even be needed in Madden, because the QBs won't run like the Roadrunner in Madden. So we've got the cure (Spy plays), but there's no problem!

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Heh, it's kind of funny...The QB spy plays won't even be needed in Madden, because the QBs won't run like the Roadrunner in Madden. So we've got the cure (Spy plays), but there's no problem!

Tell that to people who played against Vick or McNabb last year

Tell that to people who played against Vick or McNabb last year

ray lewis qb spy took care of the Vick problem in one of last years tournament, didn't he DM? :D

OH SHIT I USED THE RAVENS ONLINE!

Fifty: dont EVER... EBER USE MY TEAM YOU MOTHERBITCH ASS! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT SUFFERING IS! ONE TIME I WAS AT A GAME AND I ORDERED A BAG OF PEANUTS AND THE GUY THREW THEM BUT I DROPPED THE PEANUTS AND SOMEONE ELSE GOT THEM! HE SAID NO REFUNDS! SOMEONE ELSE ATE MY PEANUTS! I SUFFERED, NOT YOU, I DID! DONT EVER USE MY TEAM AGAIN! ROAR!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ray lewis qb spy took care of the Vick problem in one of last years tournament, didn't he DM? :D

OH SHIT I USED THE RAVENS ONLINE!

Fifty: dont EVER... EBER USE MY TEAM YOU MOTHERBITCH ASS! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT SUFFERING IS! ONE TIME I WAS AT A GAME AND I ORDERED A BAG OF PEANUTS AND THE GUY THREW THEM BUT I DROPPED THE PEANUTS AND SOMEONE ELSE GOT THEM! HE SAID NO REFUNDS! SOMEONE ELSE ATE MY PEANUTS! I SUFFERED, NOT YOU, I DID! DONT EVER USE MY TEAM AGAIN! ROAR!

LOL!!!

Dont forget

DONT BE MAD YOU HAD TO GET OWNED IN AN ARGUMENT! IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US! ACCEPT IT! NOW I NEED TO GET MASTURBATE INTO MY PANTHERS SOCK WHILE WATCHING THE PANTHERS SWEEP THE NINERS 8 YEARS AGO!!!1 OH OHHHH OHHHHHHHH!!!!!1....

Fifty

Listen Junior...I've been using the Ravens since you were in diapers, you can stick with your bandwagoning ways, or you can man up and use the WHINERS, OK? I want to see you suffer like I have.

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well, you CAN spy w/ a linebacker, but it's not always a given. for instance, 2 years ago the Bucs shutdown mike vick by using a DOUBLE de spy (simeon rice shadowed him all game long). madden has DESIGNATED qb spy plays, which is what espn needs.

No I disagree. I like it better this way as you can spy out of any play, making it more realistic. Just as you can call a no blitz play and lull your opponet into thinking your playing zone then have a MLB or a CB come at them. More variaty makes it harder for the offense to guess at what your doing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No I disagree. I like it better this way as you can spy out of any play, making it more realistic. Just as you can call a no blitz play and lull your opponet into thinking your playing zone then have a MLB or a CB come at them. More variaty makes it harder for the offense to guess at what your doing.

i agree with this. we should be able to spy anyone we want. but espn should AT LEAST have designated "spy" plays, where the entire point of the play is to have a QB spy. madden gets the best of both worlds: not only can you spy the QB with ANY player on the field, but you can pick a play that already has a spy in it. its win-win!

Top Bottom