• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
From off topic

CBS News has learned that on Thursday, an angry President Trump called CIA Director Mike Pompeo and yelled at him for not pushing back hard enough against reports that the intelligence community was withholding information from the commander-in-chief.

The agency then drafted a strongly worded statement rebutting the claim. “We are not aware of any instance when that has occurred,” read Pompeo’s statement. “It is CIA’s mission to provide the President with the best intelligence possible and to explain the basis for that intelligence. The CIA does not, has not, and will never hide intelligence from the President, period.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-ye...tion-from-him/

Trump yells at cia directer about leaks

Gets leaked anyways

Conspiracy theory: Bolton leak is fake because Trump can't stand people close to him who have facial hair. And yes, that's an actual thing that's been said of Trump before.

So now we have to decide whether it's more credible that Trump would let KT McFarland pick her own boss to be National Security Advisor, or that Trump finds moustaches disqualifying.

I literally have no idea.

Crocodile

MSNBC is reporting that Harwood finalized his choice to not join on as NSA after watching Trump's conference the other day. He wanted to undo the changes made to the NSC recently and get Bannon out of there. WH said no so Harward bailed. WH asked Harward to reconsider and he said he would but then the conference.......

Diablos

I'm really scared about our national security right now. With this much disarray I'd think if some person/persons have been waiting for the right time to do something big, this Presidency might be it...

Chris Hayes says that Harward decided against the NSA job because he hated Trump's press conference and so this clearly implies that Harward is not a Real American (tm) based on the definition of centrist media.

Teggy

Basically no one wants to work with McFarland. Shit is scary.

Can't even think about the press as enemy tweet. Scary as hell.

Holmes

I was thinking Sen, but this is good too. Either way, it's exciting to have a high profile GA Democrat with a chance at a statewide race.
There's no Georgia senate race in 2018 but it would be pointless anyway. The governor's race is an open seat. It's winnable.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
We should start a whisper campaign to get trump to just bring back Flynn. He "didn't do anything wrong" after all and it was the press fault, and they are the enemy. What kind of pussy capitulates to the enemy?

I really believe he deserves his shit cabinet AND you know Flynn can't stay out of trouble so it all gets to fall down again. >:)

MSNBC is reporting that Harwood finalized his choice to not join on as NSA after watching Trump's conference the other day. He wanted to undo the changes made to the NSC recently and get Bannon out of there. WH said no so Harward bailed. WH asked Harward to reconsider and he said he would but then the conference.......

I mean I want to laugh at the dysfunction but Harward would have been damned good for NSA and his booting Bannon icing on the cake if it would have come to pass. Another grown-up in the room at least.

mo60

There's no Georgia senate race in 2018 but it would be pointless anyway. The governor's race is an open seat. It's winnable.

Yeah. Hilary lost the state by a bit over 5 points last year despite trump helping to energize the republican party. Georgia is turning more democratic on the national level also to now. In 2018 it's very likely that whoever is the democratic nominee for georgia may be able to win the governor race if more georgian voters decide to vote for the democratic candidate instead of the republican one.

Yeah, I read that earlier but if there existed a coalition of Mattis/Tillerson/Harward to combat the stupidity and the fissure were to grow, at least the national security apparatus can function at some level outside of the whims of the blowhard and his merry men in the West Wing. Another puppet bowing to Trump does none of us any good.

ascii42

Yeah. Hilary lost the state by a bit over 5 points last year despite trump helping to energize the republican party. Georgia is turning more democratic on the national level also to now. In 2018 it's very likely that whoever is the democratic nominee for georgia may be able to win the governor race if more georgian voters decide to vote for the democratic candidate instead of the republican one.

That's generally how it works, yes.

Dems took Trump's media survey and not Republicans and now he's mad.

C46MTiDUcAEz9mh.jpg:large

kirblar

It was probably, much like the anti-gay EO, planned for release in that crazy first week, but the Muslim ban shut the entire operation down and now they're gun shy to try anything.

These are basically "what if there weren't mass protests against the Muslim ban" type scenarios. So protesters should be pleased they scared the administration enough to shelf this stuff.
They are floating trial balloons all over to see how much they can get away with.
I still don't really understand how Tillerson seemingly became one of the competent people in Trump's cabinet

Not that I'm complaining
The people pushing her were lobbyists, yes, but Gates/Rice are very serious people.

Ecotic

What Democrats need to win the Governor's race in Georgia is a former CEO from one of the big companies headquartered in Atlanta, like Home Depot, UPS, Delta or Aflac.

A businessman who can take 5% of the vote away from Republicans because they're seen as results oriented and non-partisan could win here. Sally Yates is just going to galvanize the Republicans base and she'll have no chance.

kirblar

What Democrats need to win the Governor's race in Georgia is a former CEO from one of the big companies headquartered in Atlanta, like Home Depot, UPS, Delta or Aflac.

A businessman who can take 5% of the vote away from Republicans because they're seen as results oriented and non-partisan could win here. Sally Yates is just going to galvanize the Republicans base and she'll have no chance.
Yates is a "we're praying for a wave" candidate, which is fine?

Teggy

I'm not clear what's up with this Comey presentation to the Senate intelligence committee that seems to have spooked everyone. Didn't they get an earlier briefing a few months back?

At least it sounds like Republicans are finally taking it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom