• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

andycapps

Demery has been released from his letter of intent with UGA. Now who's going to step up to the plate to get him? Will it be Auburn or Louisville or will a new player emerge?

Edit: can't be Auburn now thanks to Bama for the Jonathan Taylpr rule that the SEC passed.

El_Chino

Is there some particular meaning in the gator reply?
LSU wanted to reschedule the game at Florida because of a hurricane that was non existent by the time it was gameday and Florida wanted to it keep at home. LSU then claimed we were "scared" to play at LSU.
I would assume they are referencing the rescheduling drama due to the hurricane last season. Florida ended up winning the game but I don't know that they would want to intentionally bring that back up, because both schools came out of it looking petty.
Petty? Do elaborate.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Petty? Do elaborate.

From an outside perspective it seemed clear neither school actually wanted to reschedule, until it was looking like there was a good chance of it having implications for the east division.

I'd have to go back and look at all the details but IIRC Florida refused some imperfect but workable options early on, like refusing a neutral site game and refusing to play @LSU the following day (even though they ended up @LSU anyway). Then as things went on Florida opened up more and LSU was less willing to play ball until they got their way.

But yeah, the game never should have been postponed in the first place.

Demery has been released from his letter of intent with UGA. Now who's going to step up to the plate to get him? Will it be Auburn or Louisville or will a new player emerge?

Edit: can't be Auburn now thanks to Bama for the Jonathan Taylpr rule that the SEC passed.

Baylor or Sparty seem like a good fit.

Limedust

I went to the Alabama spring scrimmage, and the only impression that I have that seems to differ from the popular opinion is that N. Harris didn't really hit the line openings hard on his runs. Lots of dancing around, but that can be easily fixed.

andycapps

I went to the Alabama spring scrimmage, and the only impression that I have that seems to differ from the popular opinion is that N. Harris didn't really hit the line openings hard on his runs. Lots of dancing around, but that can be easily fixed.
I don't know about easily fixed but it can be fixed. Some guys never get past that. I hate it when RB's do that. Those moves won't help you in college. Go north south.

I think I made a comment that he reminded me of the Madden player that overuses the juke button.

He actually showed a lil too much patience in waiting for holes and blocks to develop. Which is never smart against a front 7 like ours lol. My only real problem with him other than that is that he hurdles too much. I don't want the kid to get hurt.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas flipped a QB commit from Oklahoma. This is after they also got an OU legacy QB commit

Guess ESPN hasn't got the memo yet.

From the college football front page -

Vneiukw.png

:jnc

#3 Recruit in the nation, 5 star DE Micah Parsons just de-committed from PSU, rumor is hes a heavy OSU lean. Would make our young outstanding Dline even better.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got the spring game up on youtube.

White team looking like Auburn, wtf. Pass bouncing off two players hands to a receiver for a TD. Pass bouncing off a defender back to a receiver for a completion. Need that kind of stuff to happen during the season, and not for the other team.

Jeudy is going to be legit.

Jeudy is going to be legit.

Saban refining that super soldier serum. Got 3 Amari Cooper clones, and got a more athletic Derrick Henry on the roster.

God, I need it to be September already. Might actually be going to the season opener. If only Bama and ATL had both closed in their title games 😭

University of Florida was a mistake.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...dt-caleb-brantley-charged-misdemeanor-battery

Former Florida defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, who is considered a potential first- or second-round pick in this week's NFL draft, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple battery after he allegedly struck a woman and knocked her unconscious during a dispute earlier this month.

According to a sworn complaint obtained by ESPN from the Alachua County Clerk of Court in Gainesville, Florida, a woman told police that the 6-foot-2, 307-pound Brantley made crude comments toward her during an argument at a bar on April 13, and she then pushed him. The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face knocking her unconscious."

The complaint said the woman, who is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds, suffered dental injuries that "displaced a tooth and will require a root canal." The complaint also said Brantley's "use of force was clearly out of retaliation and not self-defense. Additionally, the intensity of [his] force far exceeded what was reasonable or necessary."

A woman, who told police that she was standing next to the victim during the dispute, said in the complaint that Brantley knocked the woman unconscious. Another woman who was there said she saw Brantley "strike the [woman] in the face with a closed fist knocking [her] unconscious." The complaint said the second female witness identified Brantley from a photo lineup as the man who threw the punch .

According to @AdamSchefter, Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a diluted urine sample at the NFL Combine.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN

To be fair it matches his skill set

Travis Rudolph's father was killed in an accidental shooting.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...-wr-travis-rudolph-killed-accidental-shooting

The father of NFL draft hopeful Travis Rudolph has been killed in an accidental shooting, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said in a statement Monday.

Darryl Rudolph was shot Friday morning while working on repairs inside a nightclub in the West Palm Beach, Florida, area. Rudolph, 55, was hit in the neck/back area when a gun in an adjacent room went off accidentally. He was transported to a local hospital, where he later died.

I think you hate Peppers as much as I hated Winston.

Even I have to admit, the love Peppers got last season was weird as hell. He didn't actually do much of anything. I think it was just a natural product of ESPN needing a great player on Harbaugh's Michigan team to talk about, and his freak athleticism was all that really stuck out.

Sucks about Travis Rudolph's pops. That's tough smh

ag-my001

A large part of me hopes that the unexpected happens and Garrett does not go #1. The Browns are not going to make any A&M player (or any other school) look good. At least as an edge rusher he should be able to make it through a rookie contract to move on after.

Obviously Manziel would have crashed and burned eventually no matter the team, but why do the Browns have to keep picking from A&M? I hear good things about Michigan and tOSU players... pick local! Fire up the fan base!

andycapps

A large part of me hopes that the unexpected happens and Garrett does not go #1. The Browns are not going to make any A&M player (or any other school) look good. At least as an edge rusher he should be able to make it through a rookie contract to move on after.

Obviously Manziel would have crashed and burned eventually no matter the team, but why do the Browns have to keep picking from A&M? I hear good things about Michigan and tOSU players... pick local! Fire up the fan base!

May make you happy to learn that the Browns are also looking at taking Trubisky with their #1 pick.

:jnc

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
lol Jabrill prolly shouldn't try to get by on "Reuben did it too!" They're hardly the same caliber player, and we know how the NFL will react to that.

(Your pee being diluted being an automatic fail is so weird)

If diluted samples didn't count as failures they'd basically just be handing out free passes for the tests.

andycapps

Yeah but did you see the video and read the article?
I read it and watched the video and I'm not seeing the big deal. That she walked off under her own power rather than being unconscious as one statement claimed?

Also, I did Face App things for the 4 coaches represented on the podcast. I'm sorry.

And I'll have everyone know I did this before EDSBS put up their feature on this same idea.

cgNWugZ.jpg

G0DqbhH.jpg

cM6oDFk.jpg

S4DgSpv.jpg

If diluted samples didn't count as failures they'd basically just be handing out free passes for the tests.

I understand that, but there are still legitimate reasons for your urine being diluted. If it's that big a deal just schedule another test and tell em not to drink much before it. *shrug*

andycapps

We're doing a podcast recording tonight, if we can remember how.

Questions for the podcast? And would anyone be interested in doing future things on Hangouts and doing some sort of call in system? Like Finebaum?

Top Bottom