• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Damn, could this bandwagon vote be any more obvious?

Yeah, that strong bandwagon-of-one. I contain multitudes.

That being said, there were many things that I feel I overlooked about Monkey-chan yesterday. Her unwillingness to commit to a vote, her slight prodding on a variety of players, her lack of committed and convincing reads. I'm on mobile but when I get home I'll find examples. All of this reminds me of the first time I played scum, in Gods. Most of her content is baseless speculation not on players themselves, but on the game. I mean, this is fine, to an extent, but the real core of Mafia is reading people. Which she has, time and time again, failed to do consistently.

Welp, I did read Zubz as town. I read SkyOdin as town. I started suspicious on Nomadic Sparks and then upon reflection (and looking at his personality), I came to the conclusion that he was probably not scum. So it looks like my record on reading people so far is not so bad.

I asked some things about rules. I asked for clarification on some things I didn't know. Yeah, I brought back up the Cupids thing to finish a line from day one, but I've also written some very long posts about the players and my observations. I don't think it's quite possible to construct a narrative that I've focused more on the game than on people, not by post volume, content, or even hell, word count. There's no measure in which that's a winning proposition.

And today, she once again continues to prod and poke and jumps on an easy bandwagon vote early in the phase. None of it sits well with me, and I would like her to explain her behavior.

Vote: hey_monkey

Well, I did explain, in multiple posts. You can disagree with my explanations, sure. I am not going to state unequivocally right now that anyone is scum because I'm not certain. I only have reads and suspicions. I've talked this to death. But this sudden focus on me and how measurably incorrect some of it is feels like you're trying to wholly construct a narrative here, Dragonz-senpai. Why? Why focus here and not on some of the things that have been said about you? Are you deflecting? Because it's likely I'll answer and we can keep the focus on me and not on you or Kyanrute, perhaps?

Do you think kyan and dragonz could be scum together, monkey?

Yes. I thought it on day one, though I admit I was more certain of Kyan than of Dragonz. Because it seems they've been scum before, possibly together, I figured the odds were against it, but maybe it doesn't work that way? Maybe it's friendship that makes her defend Kyan's clearly scummy behavior with only some surface questions about the more suspicious aspects - I suspect him more than her - but this determination today to focus on me with some light shade toward Poltergust makes me feel more sure he's scum, too. She's calling me on behavior that fits him more (mechanics talk).

My strongest scum ideas overall are Kyanrute, Dragonz, Poltergust, and there are a few others who haven't been productively active enough to not feel town but I can't say they're scum, either. I think if all three are scum, then Polter switching to an Ultron vote may have been on advice. If Ultron's not scum, it gave scum numbers on both bandwagons and they could make sure they got a townie either way.

Oh - and I do see Bowlie as a possibility for that d1 vote, but if I had to rank possible-scum as dangerous, I'd put him last, so I'd be more likely to focus on the others first.

Palmer_v1

That vote was entirely too calm, imo. I truly believe we had 0 scum in contention D1, so there was no pressure for them to make a push. Who stayed on Ultron despite his claim, actually?

Palmer_v1

Looks like Squidyj, Oreo, and polter.

I've already made my case for squidy, but this is further evidence of scumminess imo.

What does everyone think of Oreomunsta though? I'm kinda neutral at this point and won't have time to go through their posts for a while.

Polter is already being discussed.

Looks like Squidyj, Oreo, and polter.

I've already made my case for squidy, but this is further evidence of scumminess imo.

What does everyone think of Oreomunsta though? I'm kinda neutral at this point and won't have time to go through their posts for a while.

Polter is already being discussed.

Im still town reading him. He gave a good reason to vote for Ultron that i could get behind and his read list was solid.

Yeah, that strong bandwagon-of-one. I contain multitudes.

Welp, I did read Zubz as town. I read SkyOdin as town. I started suspicious on Nomadic Sparks and then upon reflection (and looking at his personality), I came to the conclusion that he was probably not scum. So it looks like my record on reading people so far is not so bad.

I asked some things about rules. I asked for clarification on some things I didn't know. Yeah, I brought back up the Cupids thing to finish a line from day one, but I've also written some very long posts about the players and my observations. I don't think it's quite possible to construct a narrative that I've focused more on the game than on people, not by post volume, content, or even hell, word count. There's no measure in which that's a winning proposition.

Well, I did explain, in multiple posts. You can disagree with my explanations, sure. I am not going to state unequivocally right now that anyone is scum because I'm not certain. I only have reads and suspicions. I've talked this to death. But this sudden focus on me and how measurably incorrect some of it is feels like you're trying to wholly construct a narrative here, Dragonz-senpai. Why? Why focus here and not on some of the things that have been said about you? Are you deflecting? Because it's likely I'll answer and we can keep the focus on me and not on you or Kyanrute, perhaps?

Me, deflecting? You took a post about you and made it about me. Pot, meet kettle. I'm not worried about the things that have been said about me. I have nothing to hide. I'm town.

I'm simply posting my observations. But your defensive behavior is interesting. Feeling nervous?

Yes. I thought it on day one, though I admit I was more certain of Kyan than of Dragonz. Because it seems they've been scum before, possibly together, I figured the odds were against it, but maybe it doesn't work that way? Maybe it's friendship that makes her defend Kyan's clearly scummy behavior with only some surface questions about the more suspicious aspects - I suspect him more than her - but this determination today to focus on me with some light shade toward Poltergust makes me feel more sure he's scum, too. She's calling me on behavior that fits him more (mechanics talk).

My strongest scum ideas overall are Kyanrute, Dragonz, Poltergust, and there are a few others who haven't been productively active enough to not feel town but I can't say they're scum, either. I think if all three are scum, then Polter switching to an Ultron vote may have been on advice. If Ultron's not scum, it gave scum numbers on both bandwagons and they could make sure they got a townie either way.

All easy targets. That's a scum play if I've ever seen one.

squidyj

I'm still collecting thoughts, but just to respond to this speculation on my role:

I think it'd be too powerful for Scum? Their minority number of votes and inability to vote without leaving evidence is one of the big balancing methods, so having someone that can vote without fear of revealing themselves would be super powerful. Especially near the end of the game.

It does seem a little odd, yeah. I think it might be this way so that I wouldn't have a method to communicate with the game from beyond the grave. Obviously (I assume) I won't be getting access to the spec thread to after my extra voting day is over, but avoiding any ridiculous communication attempts like "Ultron, unvote if you think X" might be for the best.

I'm sorry but what the hell is this? You expect us to believe that you would have told us your real role as a scum player? You actually think that's a thing that happens?
You actually expect us to evaluate your role claim from the position of "well this couldn't be a scum power because obviously he has to be telling us the truth about his power"

how can people defend this guy as town?

ultron87

I'm sorry but what the hell is this? You expect us to believe that you would have told us your real role as a scum player? You actually think that's a thing that happens?
You actually expect us to evaluate your role claim from the position of "well this couldn't be a scum power because obviously he has to be telling us the truth about his power"

*confused head tilt*

Someone asked a question that was evaluating it from that position, so I responded.

I've been wondering this, too...

Sure, ultron said it, but it's a statement, not necessarily a fact :/

squidyj

So...... dragonz.
You scumread Polter but then you really don't seem to like anyone voting for him
that's a bit odd isn't it? are you caught between trying to bus and protect your teammate maybe?

Palmer_v1

I've been wondering this, too...

Sure, ultron said it, but it's a statement, not necessarily a fact :/

I can't decide if this is a really bad scum play, coming in out of nowhere to try to force the bandwagon issue even more, or... just a weird ass post. Certainly odd timing.

>>>On Ultron87-kun

I definitely wouldn't rule out the possiblity of him lying about what his role does. As it stands now it looks like a pretty easy role for town to play around since if we lynched him, we would only need to make sure that the next lynch was by a margin of at least 2 votes.

In the game werewolves, I've seen two roles similar to the one Ultron87-kun described. "The Ghost" Which is where the first player killed becomes a ghost who then gets to witness all night actions, as well send town an extremely restricted (Usually like one letter at a time) message to town each day start until the game ends.

I've also seen "the Tough Guy" this is a player that if Night killed, their death is delayed until the next day finish allowing them to discuss the game, and vote for one final lynch before croaking. The tough guy would a more powerful version of Ultron87-kuns role, so it's definitely not without precedence.

>>>on Squidyj-kun

I don't believe his cop claim. I'm surprised to see people still addressing it, though I guess hatmoza-kun and the_exodu5-kun didn't get a real chance to discuss it last day phase

>>>on monkey_chan

I have noticed her reads have been fluttering back and forth this game. But she's also new to our meta and doesn't know what behaviours we're likely to call her out on. This is the type of thing she would be getting coached on in scum chat, which makes me town read her a bit.

>>> on Kyanrute

vote: Kyanrute

>>> on the Kyan-Defense-Force(TM)

Cabot and dragon-chan seem far too invested in steering votes away from Kyanrute. Cabot especially hasn't given any reads this day phase that I've noticed. At least with Palmer-kun there is a clear vested interest on his part on getting Bowlie-kun lynched. But with you two there seems to be this manufactured outrage at the notion of the biggest shit poster in this game catching heat.

>>>on Bowlie-kun vs Palmer-kun

I'm sorry Palmer-kun but at this stage of the game I just haven't seen enough from Bowlie-kun to really scum read him. That's not to say I'm positive he's town, but there are other players I would like to see go first.

---
Haly-kun, 30yearsofhurt-kun, Stan-chan are you guys still playing? What do think of SkyOdin-kun getting capped? the_exodu5-kun/hatmoza-kun? Kyanrute-gate? Ultron87-kun's claim? Anything you want to tell us?

I can't decide if this is a really bad scum play, coming in out of nowhere to try to force the bandwagon issue even more, or... just a weird ass post. Certainly odd timing.

Why do you think that? It's the same opinion I had on D1, ultron was just posting a response to squid right above my issue, and I posted that I would share opinions soon.

My stance hasn't changed, but I am stating it with a little less exuberant energy :p

Me, deflecting? You took a post about you and made it about me. Pot, meet kettle. I'm not worried about the things that have been said about me. I have nothing to hide. I'm town.

Sure, I'm sending it back to you. Because I'd really like you to address the reality creation project you're working over there.

Let's imagine that you're right. I'm the scummiest of scum. Per your posts, though, I'm picking easy targets and I'm not settled on anything. So even if you were right, wouldn't that make me both a) another easy target and b) therefore make you all the things you're making me out to be and c) not the most productive expenditure of time right now? I know there's not much going on right now, but... even by your own logic, this seems kinda reachy, Dragonz-senpai.

¯\_(°╭╮°)_/¯ (and where are your kaomoji?!)

Palmer_v1

FFS, I still absolutely think Bowlie was being scummy. Maybe scum issue is newbies and absentees?

Until we know what's up with Bowlie's replacement:

Vote: hey_honkey

I've listed all my reasons previously.

Dusk: given your take on possibilities for the role, what do you think of squidyj's analysis of ultron87?
I took ultron87-kun's role at face value as it doesn't sound too outrageous as described. I've definitely played in games with more powerful post-humus powers. And Rukia, for those that aren't familiar with Bleach is a grim reaper, and has the ability to travel freely between the living world and the afterlife.

So it makes sense somewhat that a player cosplaying as her would have some sort of ability that triggers after death.

However, squidyj-kun brings up a great point, although I don't think it necessarily incriminates ultron87-kun as scum.

Town or Scum, a good player is not going to freely give away all the details of their role. Ultron87-kun could definitely be trying to downplay how powerful his role really is. As a PR, the later you make it into a game, the bigger an effect it will have on the final result.

So he could be trying to paint his role in such a way that makes it seem weak/harmless but when he really unveils it it will swing momentum to whatever team he's on.

Sure, I'm sending it back to you. Because I'd really like you to address the reality creation project you're working over there.

Let's imagine that you're right. I'm the scummiest of scum. Per your posts, though, I'm picking easy targets and I'm not settled on anything. So even if you were right, wouldn't that make me both a) another easy target and b) therefore make you all the things you're making me out to be and c) not the most productive expenditure of time right now? I know there's not much going on right now, but... even by your own logic, this seems kinda reachy, Dragonz-senpai.

¯_(°╭╮°)_/¯ (and where are your kaomoji?!)

I don't see how you're an easy target. You got no heat on D1 and my reads of you today's are a reflection on me rereading your posts as a whole.

I think it's a very productive use of my time, actually. I'm trying to catch scum. Something that you're not doing.

(´0`)q

TheExodu5

Banned
Vote: hey_honkey

I've listed all my reasons previously.

I can't seem to find them?

monkey has played a very solid game so far and has made a lot of reads. Surprising participation from a new player. That doesn't imply town, but I've seen nothing to imply scum either. I had issues with her first post saying we shouldn't be afraid to target newbies (seemed too self-sacrificing), but I've liked her posts since.

Do you have any opinion on kyan/ultron? Or WAMD? Ignore your assumption that there are no scum in that lynch-wagon for a moment...I'd like some actual reads on these 3 since they're all hella suspicious at this point.

Palmer_v1

I took ultron87-kun's role at face value as it doesn't sound too outrageous as described. I've definitely played in games with more powerful post-humus powers. And Rukia, for those that aren't familiar with Bleach is a grim reaper, and has the ability to travel freely between the living world and the afterlife.

So it makes sense somewhat that a player cosplaying as her would have some sort of ability that triggers after death.

However, squidyj-kun brings up a great point, although I don't think it necessarily incriminates ultron87-kun as scum.

Town or Scum, a good player is not going to freely give away all the details of their role. Ultron87-kun could definitely be trying to downplay how powerful his role really is. As a PR, the later you make it into a game, the bigger an effect it will have on the final result.

So he could be trying to paint his role in such a way that makes it seem weak/harmless but when he really unveils it it will swing momentum to whatever team he's on.

I fully believe Ultron left out possible details, but I think he's town, so I wasn't going to prod him for more.

rac

Banned
This isn't an answer.

the vote on nomadic was scummy and then palmer voted bowlie in response

just seemed to me as a easy way to spread out their votes and also make it look like they were on different teams

obviously the next day palmer brought the bowlie vote back up so it doesnt make sense

I mean literally all of his points regarding you are valid and directly reflect my reason for my vote on you.

You're not helping your case much as of late, tbh.

Welp, there's nothing to go on, since you've refused to engage with any of my responses. All I know from you is that I can't:

• Vote with certainty (probably can't change a vote, either, since I'm "wishy-washy")
  • Be uncertain
  • Answer criticism (because it doesn't matter)
  • Ignore criticism (because you chase me like I'm a bone and you're a dog)
  • Talk to people

Anything else, senpai? (≧艸≦*)

The thing is, I've addressed all this. You're either gonna engage with what I said (you haven't) or not; you're either gonna think it's productive for town or not. At least Palmer responded with some things. You've just kept beating the same drum, which at this point just looks, to me, like a trap to keep me from talking about anything else. Why is that, exactly?

So unless you come up with something else, I'm just gonna let go and let God on that one. Defending myself over and over is fruitless when we're just going in circles.

N4FIfV6.jpg

However, I'm curious. How is chasing me and just me particularly productive for town? You've made your case in several posts. You're not looking at anything else. You haven't even talked about anything else today except some noncommittal muttering about Poltergust, who apparently I can't vote for. Why? Reasons. Some sort of not-quite defense of Kyanrute which was as noncommittal as everything you say I've posted. Because like... I think everyone gets it. You think I'm scum. You've made that clear. What's next?

So let's say you're right. I'm evil gaijin superhero mafia scum. Well, if so, I'm not alone. Who's advising me? Who'm I talking to?

What are you doing to prove that you're town? So far it seems that you're just suggesting I shouldn't vote for Polter, who several people suspect, and that maybe people shouldn't vote for Kyan, who several people suspect. So who do we run out of town on a rail besides me here?

Top Bottom