• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Podge293

it will be a 1-1 draw and the utd faithful will be moaning about the united way, while our ex manager still will wonder why UTD can't just defend a 1-0 lead. It will be a terrible football match but a media spectacle!

Can't defend a lead eh 😏

So meet up next week so I can live on this high ha

Was it a tasty cheeseburger?

Is there any other kind? It was nice.

The answer to that is yes, bad burgers exist. I would nominate Supermacs. Worst burger I ever had was from Supermacs on O'Connell Street. Not sure if was under cooked or what but I didnt even try getting a new once because the place was also a kip so we left as quick as we could.

Is there any other kind? It was nice.

The answer to that is yes, bad burgers exist. I would nominate Supermacs. Worst burger I ever had was from Supermacs on O'Connell Street. Not sure if was under cooked or what but I didnt even try getting a new once because the place was also a kip so we left as quick as we could.

Mcdonalds cheeseburgers can be pretty gross.

Lucreto

I think I had one McDonald's in the last 15 years. My favourite it the Hard Rock Cafe burgers followed by Oreo cheesecake.

I generally make my own burgers so I know exactly what's in them.

acohrs

So, we still on for this meet May bank holiday weekend? Which day of the weekend will we do? I say Saturday in the afternoon

acohrs

We've been thinking Token once it opens its doors.

That might not be before the bank holiday weekend. Tempted to say we should postpone until then Token opens. Forget when we decided to do May bank holiday weekend, but what say you lot, aim for when Token opens instead?

Podge293

That might not be before the bank holiday weekend. Tempted to say we should postpone until then Token opens. Forget when we decided to do May bank holiday weekend, but what say you lot, aim for when Token opens instead?

Is the May bank holiday this weekend or next weekend? If it's this weekend I probably won't be around. In Manchester to watch us cement 4th (or third depending on Thursday) hahaha

Either way I'm game for other weekends

acohrs

Is the May bank holiday this weekend or next weekend? If it's this weekend I probably won't be around. In Manchester to watch us cement 4th (or third depending on Thursday) hahaha

Either way I'm game for other weekends

This weekend, I say postpone until token is open and then aim for a meet up once we know it is open. What say you all?

NateDog

Depending on how long it takes for Token to open I might be able to go but this weekend wouldn't work for me and I don't think next will either. That being said I didn't go to the last one and don't have set dates free so I'm unlikely to be there regardless of date probably.

Lads, what the fuck is up with the weather today? Started out Sunny, then pouring rain, then fucking snow (I shit you not, in North Cork anyway) and now it's clear blue sky.

Shit is whack.

18118534_696774390505628_7169109633496595127_n.jpg

It was hailing in Dublin too!

Matsukaze

Woke up at 6 this morning to the sound of hail hitting my windows. The rest of the day was nothing but quick and sudden jumps from rain to cold winds to bright and sunny skies, and so on. Hoping the weather is a bit more consistent tomorrow.

Clegg

Anyone watching Prime Time? Danny Healy-Rea proposed permits for people in rural areas allowing them to drink drive. I understand the arguments about rural isolation and how going to the pub is a the only social interaction a lot of these rural people have. But allowing drink driving is the height of irresponsibility and fucking stupid to even propose.

Anyone watching Prime Time? Danny Healy-Rea proposed permits for people in rural areas allowing them to drink drive. I understand the arguments about rural isolation and how going to the pub is a the only social interaction a lot of these rural people have. But allowing drink driving is the height of irresponsibility and fucking stupid to even propose.

Fucking clowns of the highest order, that entire family. Of course his views have nothing to do with half of his clan being publicans, I'm sure.

Matsukaze

I'm just trying to even picture how that would turn out up here and it looks like something out of a nightmare.

The dependence on pubs in my little corner of Donegal is pretty depressing to begin with, but giving these folks the chance to get behind the wheel turns things from unpleasant to outright dangerous.

Lucreto

What they could do is set up a mini bus service to bring them to and from the pub.

NateDog

Hahahah I swear I read someone suggest that this might happen around a year or so ago, might have even been a joke on Waterford Whisperers level.

Ha, really?

Everything still have their launch prices?

Nah. I think it was 5 for a tenner. Or 2 for a tenner. I forget exactly.

But its exactly the kind of "we just had this stock sitting around" kind of stuff you would expect. You need a sealed copy of Tourist Trophy or Fifa 2004 for PS2 then I think they will have you covered.

There's a Golden Discs in Dundrum town centre?

Where HMV was. Its a real depressing sight. They clearly have waaay to much room for the amount of shelves and stuff for sale.

Also I think the up stairs part of the shop is now a sporting goods shop so Golden Discs is only 3/4ths of the space and still looks like a wasteland.

NateDog

Yeah they really should have kept their spot in Nutgrove but Dundrum is busier so I suppose there makes more sense in certain ways. Stephen's Green, Swords and Newbridge all have similar smaller sizes though and are much better.

acohrs

Where HMV was. Its a real depressing sight. They clearly have waaay to much room for the amount of shelves and stuff for sale.

Also I think the up stairs part of the shop is now a sporting goods shop so Golden Discs is only 3/4ths of the space and still looks like a wasteland.

Yeah they really should have kept their spot in Nutgrove but Dundrum is busier so I suppose there makes more sense in certain ways. Stephen's Green, Swords and Newbridge all have similar smaller sizes though and are much better.

Dundrum is one of the busiest, and most profitable for retailer shopping centres in Ireland bar Kildare Village (worked as a BA in the office at Kildare Village so saw a lot footfall stats and footfall to sales ratio percentages, Grafton St and Henry St have woeful footfall to sales ratios), any retailer will want to be there no matter how bad the presentation.

Cool to know, didn't know Golden Discs sold games either.

NateDog

Dundrum is one of the busiest, and most profitable for retailer shopping centres in Ireland bar Kildare Village (worked as a BA in the office at Kildare Village so saw a lot footfall stats and footfall to sales ratio percentages, Grafton St and Henry St have woeful footfall to sales ratios), any retailer will want to be there no matter how bad the presentation.

They don't sell games in general, it's just a really big batch of PS2 games that are pretty rubbish apart from a few all right ones like SOCOM maybe. They do the games in Tesco these days though so maybe it'll change but I can't see it being successful enough for them to do so.

I should note they didn't have any current gen games Just old stock. PS2. Psp. DS. Etc... I think I saw some PS360 but not a lot.

Clegg

I've just discovered Justin Barrett and the National Party.

It's like if Donald Trump had an inbred cousin with a mental disability.

I wasn't planning to do anything in particular, but I walked into the village and it was such a pleasent day I got something from the chippy and sat on a bench by the sea and ate it. It was a pleasent experience.

acohrs

steak and chips in bear with the ladyfriend in the sun, was lovely.

@Podge, were you drinking all of Sunday and Monday after yoonited?

Podge293

steak and chips in bear with the ladyfriend in the sun, was lovely.

@Podge, were you drinking all of Sunday and Monday after yoonited?

Oh nonstop drinking really ha. So fucking terrible.

What's worse was celebrated the bday Saturday, flight at 6:30am for the match on Sunday (got about 45mins sleep all in all) then had to watch it.

I'll give the UK something, they make great pies.

Top Bottom