• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

ARK staying at 0.00040 and looks like another rise is possible tonight.

I wonder what will be up when I woke up in 7 hours time
:p
zzFOmUp.jpg
:)

Getting one ARK every 5 days now through delegate. Not that bad if you hold it longterm.

Tk0n

bought relatively cheap (0,00034) back into ark. dont have as much as i had before, but a mistake, like selling before a pump, as the one a week ago, is hard to correct...

still on the watch for STRAT, which i think is undervalued compared to other projects, but at the moment is only bleeding money. im not sure if the price is supressed or if there are simply too many high profile pumps happening and there is no money for strat left ;)

Cipherr

:)

Getting one ARK every 5 days now through delegate. Not that bad if you hold it longterm.

Because Im waiting to be able to buy more BTC I was only able to buy like 30 Ark. I voted anyway and get like .006 or something like that daily
XFzVcV3.png

Absolutely hilarious. In any case ARK will be my long term bet. Nothing I put in it is ever going to come out; unfortunately its going to take me what looks like months to clear the I.D. and verifications that will allow me to put a few bucks into it. Pretty sure itll take forever to break even on just the vote cost, but I didn't want to feel left out while Im learning this so I did it anyway.
KuGsj.gif

Also:

Delegate i voted for (Jarunik) in the ARK Wallet got a vote from a whale:
hr4g0q8.jpg

Two days ago I didn't know wtf this post was saying/showing. Now I do, and wow.

I signed up for Binance yesterday for the first time, and they wanted a passport for verification. Is there any other way around that?

I stacked up on some BNB and might add some more here tonight. Hearing rumors that come the 24th that the coin could explode into double digits.

I'm still waiting for NEO to pullback a bit to hop back in. I feel so stupid for selling off on Friday in hopes that we were going to go much lower. When I went to buy back in, these clown whales decided to hike the price up a good $8-9 in a matter of minutes. We have been consolidating all day today in the $38-$39 price range. I am kind of hoping that it does come back down a bit.

Sulik2

DGB unveiled their logo, causing very little movement, debating whether its time to just dump it and make a small profit.

Brandson

Can anyone explain for me what DNT or ZRX are supposed to be used for? A decentralized exchange is obviously a useful thing, but after everything I've read I can't figure out why those tokens should be worth anything to the average person. Are they really just for voting rights or is there something more to them? Is there any kind of profit sharing planned for ZRX?

For anyone buying these, what is your reason?

I got this crazy idea: sell like 80% of my portfolio to invest into the Avalon ICO. Wait for it to pump and sell at a 2/3x profit and rebuy into my old coins.

I'm thinking AVA has a strong potential to pump since it has a low supply and a fairly innovative idea with some strong backers.

I'm scared to make such a play though. It's very high risk, high reward.

Brandson

Following the logic of a good project with a token of unknown use, Kyber Network seems like a pretty sure thing for a short term pump upon launch.

Really tempted to sell some ARK and move it to binance to a good chunk into DNT for the day for the initial pump, and then keep it on binance coin.

I don't know, feels stupid when I write it out but I can't see this stuff dumping. Famous last words I guess

DrM

Redmond's Baby
With their conference at Fintech this week and ledger coming on 1st of September, I do not see ARK dropping lower than 0.00039 for quite some time

Cipherr

DGB unveiled their logo, causing very little movement, debating whether its time to just dump it and make a small profit.

Didn't they have a good rise today though? Or do you mean in addition to that rise? It does seem to be having trouble moving out of the 00000416 to 420 range.

Sulik2

Grabbed some dnt if it really is about to get listed in china and bittrex in the next two weeks should be a good pump and dump coin.

Wee Ark finaly got out of the 1.60s. It's tech seems too interesting to not be successful.

Didn't they have a good rise today though? Or do you mean in addition to that rise? It does seem to be having trouble moving out of the 00000416 to 420 range.

They announced the rebrand basically nowhere and the price didn't jump at all beyond today's earlier rise. I sold most of mine out, made profit plus kept a couple of thousand coins just in case it pumps at some point. There were some million coin sales pending when I sold so I figured it was time to get out.

DonMigs85

Grabbed some dnt if it really is about to get listed in china and bittrex in the next two weeks should be a good pump and dump coin.

Wee Ark finaly got out of the 1.60s. It's tech seems too interesting to not be successful.

They announced the rebrand basically nowhere and the price didn't jump at all beyond today's earlier rise. I sold most of mine out, made profit plus kept a couple of thousand coins just in case it pumps at some point. There were some million coin sales pending when I sold so I figured it was time to get out.

I have 10K DGB, wondering if I should sell now or wait till at least Thursday or Friday... DNT and Kyber do look good for dumping

Cipherr

From where?
I have heard shady things about some of these smaller exchanges.

Yeah its becoming clear to me that Im going to have to get some money on at least one or two other exchanges other than Bittrex so I can look into some of these coins before they hit the major exchanges and see a spurt.

So disappointing to see a ticker Im mildly interested in joining early only to see its not listed on Bittrex.

AmFreak

Yeah its becoming clear to me that Im going to have to get some money on at least one or two other exchanges other than Bittrex so I can look into some of these coins before they hit the major exchanges and see a spurt.

So disappointing to see a ticker Im mildly interested in joining early only to see its not listed on Bittrex.
Yeah, it's like a never ending rabbit hole - "we have to go deeper"

DonMigs85

I got this crazy idea: sell like 80% of my portfolio to invest into the Avalon ICO. Wait for it to pump and sell at a 2/3x profit and rebuy into my old coins.

I'm thinking AVA has a strong potential to pump since it has a low supply and a fairly innovative idea with some strong backers.

I'm scared to make such a play though. It's very high risk, high reward.

It does seem pretty interesting. I wonder how fast it can reach $10

The Rizza

Woke up, checked blockfolio, and there must've been a slight glitch because it was reporting DNT at $348k each. Thought I was still dreaming, refreshed and it went back down to it's right spot lol

what is happening? yesterday it was lisk, today monero is pumped to twice the price within an hour.
whos next? ;)

Some weird shit is happening for sure. As Neo was slowly correcting on Friday some whales skyrocket the prices, then we have had same to BCH, and now Monero. Crypto is getting too hard to hold at times for the long game.

Tk0n

Some weird shit is happening for sure. As Neo was slowly correcting on Friday some whales skyrocket the prices, then we have had same to BCH, and now Monero. Crypto is getting too hard to hold at times for the long game.

interessting thing is, that its often the big, established coins getting pumped.
i understand that there was a wallet maintenance for lisk yesterday on bittrex.but that doesnt explain a doubling of the price. for monero there isnt any news, that could explain the increase. so its either insiders or heavy manipulation. i sure as hell get my PIVX ready to sell tomorrow when they hit 5$ all of a sudden ;)

pieface

Why isn't it on other exchanges yet btw? Is it a harder process than that I am aware of?

Yup, it's just hard to get your coins added there. I've been in touch with so many exchanges about ARK and just hear nothing back.

It's not out of lack of trying by the ARK team :(

Donos

Yup, it's just hard to get your coins added there. I've been in touch with so many exchanges about ARK and just hear nothing back.

It's not out of lack of trying by the ARK team :(

That's like that for a lot of other good coins. See reddit or Bitcointalk how many subreddits and threads are dedicated to getting coin xy to exchange xy.

pieface

What are the chances of this happening?

How high do you think ARK can go with its current exchanges?

Unlikely right now. Think it needs to become a more popular coin.

I really don't know. I'd guess $3-5 by the end of the year. But... it doesn't hold any weight, who knows what will happen in this market by then.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ouch, everything is red in my wallet. Oh well.

That's like that for a lot of other good coins. See reddit or Bitcointalk how many subreddits and threads are dedicated to getting coin xy to exchange xy.

UBQ filled an entry for the biggest Chinese exchange on Friday and they said that it could take weeks to appear there.
And I agree, if ARK managed to get to the Eastern exchanges it would go sky-high

Autumn could be quite a ride on crypto scene, so we will have a ride of our lifetime. And I will have a lot of time due to knee operation that is slated for October.

Brandson

Ouch, everything is red in my wallet. Oh well.

Most likely because ETH is up, and some people are moving money from alts to that. If ETH manages to break above USD$330, I would expect more of that to happen. If it gets stuck or falls back, alts will probably pick up again.

Sulik2

bit coin cash?

more like bit coin crash

After paying more attention the past few weeks its really easy to see how small the actual investment community is in crypto for everything but actual bitcoin. You can watch the pump and dumps by the same people just rotating currencies. OMG, Neo, Monero, Adex, BCC and now back to ETH.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wouldn't mind ARK going towards 37, so I can buy it again :p

bit coin cash?

more like bit coin crash

Well, it is on the way towards the level from 19th, which was 0.1455... I think that will stabilize around that value, but it is quite possible to go either side.

Brandson

bit coin cash?

more like bit coin crash

BCH is going to be very volatile for a while. It has some positive differences compared to BTC, but it has no uses yet. Being presently more appealing to some miners than another cryptocurrency is not a great indicator of long term success. Store-of-value coins can't just be created overnight and expect the market to trust them as well as older more established coins that are intended for that purpose. It sounds silly, but people will need to put their belief in BCH. That will take a while.

Brandson

ETH just broke $330 on all the exchanges.

Edit: My portfolio just surpassed its previous highest valuation from when ETH hit $420. Hope it can hold on higher than last time.

Nyrad

ETH just broke $330 on all the exchanges.

Edit: My portfolio just surpassed its previous highest valuation from when ETH hit $420. Hope it can hold on higher than last time.

Are you planing to cash out or hold? Whats the general sentiment here?

Glad I sold BCH before I lost money. Can't believe how hard it got dumped.

ETH keeping me happy. Hope OMG sees some more life when ETH calms down.

Business

Glad ETH is moving up again, I think at 300 the ground was solid enough, for crypto standards anyway...

Talking for myself but I believe this game is about holding and if you see the chance, trading towards increasing your stack.

Brandson

There is a fair amount of resistance at $350. If it gets stuck there for a while today, there is a good chance it falls to the $320's. If it breaks $350, then we will probably see $400 fairly quickly. ETH has had a lot of pent-up positive real news that hasn't affected the price for a while. It has the potential to go a lot higher than this.

My personal strategy is to hold ETH for several years. If I see trading opportunities to increase that stack without missing out on another ETH run, I'll do it. The time to trade isn't quite yet, but could be soon.

Top Bottom