• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Issues on PS4?

Kai

Was playing COD on PS4 and it randomly disconnected me. Now every time I try to go play online it says I need playstation plus. I have a one year sub from earlier in November - verified its on the account via their website too. Also it shows me clearly logged into PSN with my account.

Anyone else having issues?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There's a "restore licenses" button or something in the settings somewhere, try that?

That or it is them.

anthym

Neo Member
I am too. Apparently some people are having problems playing online on other games as well. Probably down for maintenance.

ILoveBish

Same thing happened to me. I got tired of getting killed by campers on their stomachs in calladoody anyway so I just shut it off.

Kvik

I am too. Apparently some people are having problems playing online on other games as well. Probably down for maintenance.

It is sort of down for maintenance:

In order to continue to deliver you the best online games experience, we will be performing maintenance to upgrade the software for the PlayStation Store.

This maintenance will occur during the following timeframe*:

Maintenance Start: Monday, December 9th, 2013 9:00 AM PT
Maintenance End: Monday, December 9th, 2013 2:00 PM PT
*all times are approximate and subject to change

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185

I can still log in fine, but impossible to redeem codes, checkout my cart without some sort of error happening.

Edit: Beaten. :-\

Jas

Yeah getting the same thing. Call of Duty gives you the Playstation Plus meesage and Battlefield tells you that it can't connect to the EA servers.

Kai

Sony really needs a better live ops team/communication protocol.

If there multiplayer backend is taking a crap - it's been 10 mins there should at least be an acknowledgment on their social channels and website/PSN app notification that should auto kick out to customers to let them know they are aware of the issue and working on it - preferably with an ETA...

PirateKing

I can't get into PS store on both PS3 and Vita right now. It's under maintenance. My PS+ just ended as well.

Edit: actually, it might not have ended. Maybe it's a glitch or something.

bombshell

Please don't tell me games are unable to check for PS+ status on PS4 during PSN maintenances... :X

On PS3 we could continue playing during maintenances just fine if we were already signed in.

Edit: Wait, maintenance not started yet?

PirateKing

Wait, maintenance not started yet?

PS Store on PS3 says ''Under Maintenance'' but I'm still downloading a game. Vita doesn't let me play the PS+ stuff and Store gives me an error. Didn't try PS4 but I think it's mainly PS+ messing up.

Edit: Can you still play PS3 games online? It's almost 8pm here. My gaming time and I haven't game'd in a week :|

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yep. Same with other games.

It'll be up in the next hour. Pretty shitty but oh well.
Warframe works.

I also think now with all this integration and shit like that is that you're informed there is a maintenance on the PS4 and when they expect it to be done in the translated local time.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Its PS+ that's actually down. At least thats what I can deduce.
Oh and thus every non-F2P multiplayer game. Wow, what a fuck up if that is the case. Because the store is updated the multiplayer doesn't work, even though those should be completely orthogonal. Ridiculous coupling.

Varth

I'll share this here since I just discovered yesterday after a full 10 days of tribulation with PS4 online. May be of help to someone.

PS4 uses one more port than PS3 (TCP 1935 iirc), so if you guys (like me) just hooked the console to your old PS3 network with the same network settings, check this too on your router. It made a world of difference to me. Now I can appreciate (heh) BF4 multiplayer.

Con_Smith

Banned
Some how I got logged out of psn and now can't connect again. Kinda shifty I can't play the warframes but atleast I have my 360....

Huggers

Playstation Europe tweeted that it would be down from 4pm GMT for maintenance. It's not even 2 yet. Useless

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hey, look on the bright side. Maybe the PlayStation store will update early tomorrow as well.

Siegmeyer

Playstation Europe tweeted that it would be down from 4pm GMT for maintenance. It's not even 2 yet. Useless

It's ridiculous that they don't send these alerts to the main XMB. Would it be that hard? I don't use Twitter or Facebook and would have wasted plenty of time trying to load Warframe or War Thunder if it weren't this thread.

Why is it so hard to have a bit of common courtesy and inform everyone affected?

coldfoot

Banned
PSN is down for me on the east coast, both from PS3 and PS4, so it's not a PS4 issue.
Can't believe Sony hasn't been able to fix their online in 7 years.

Such incompetence
much offline
wow

I'll share this here since I just discovered yesterday after a full 10 days of tribulation with PS4 online. May be of help to someone.

PS4 uses one more port than PS3 (TCP 1935 iirc), so if you guys (like me) just hooked the console to your old PS3 network with the same network settings, check this too on your router. It made a world of difference to me. Now I can appreciate (heh) BF4 multiplayer.

Sure about that ? isn't that battlefield that use maybe one more port for his own stuff ?

Boke1879

You know at this point we should start tweeting the people at Sony. At this point with everyone paying for online these weekly maintenances just can't be happening. 2K are stupid as hell for putting an always online requirement for their game.

But yea Sony has to clean this shit up for real. People won't stand for this and for a paid service we deserve better.

Huggers

It's ridiculous that they don't send these alerts to the main XMB. Would it be that hard? I don't use Twitter or Facebook and would have wasted plenty of time trying to load Warframe or War Thunder if it weren't this thread.

Why is it so hard to have a bit of common courtesy and inform everyone affected?

Agreed. It seems an incredibly inadequate way of communicating with ALL of your customers. I only saw it because I very recently started following Playstation Europe on Twitter

Top Bottom