• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are the parents in The Rugrats awful parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiustis

So as I've gotten older, I've started to notice that the antics that the babies were getting into would actually be horrifying from a parental standpoint. How many times did the parents leave their kids somewhere? I mean I always knew that Angelica's parents were bad with a neglectful mom and dad who spoils her, but damn. Leaving your kids overnight in a toy store? Ditching them with some guy you don't know for no reason? Leaving a mech unattended and easily accessible/operated by 1 year olds? Stranded in the wild twice?

I think it was mostly that they were left with Tommy's dad who often pawned them off on the granddad. Just about everyone else had a job.

Edit: I knew a tot that put an airhead in his diaper because of Rugrats...nasty af.

zeemumu

I think it was mostly that they were left with Tommy's dad who often pawned them off on the granddad. Just about everyone else had a job.

Edit: I knew a tot that put an airhead in his diaper because of Rugrats...nasty af.

Gross. I only became right handed because of that rugrats episode about Chuckie being left handed

Deft Beck

I always thought the joke was that they were all so absorbed in their yuppie drama that they constantly neglect making sure their kids don't go missing.

Yes, but only because they named their son Dill Pickles. That also makes the parents of Angelica, Chuckle and the twins bad friends for not stopping that terrible name.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yes, but only because they named their son Dill Pickles. That also makes the parents of Angelica, Chuckle and the twins bad friends for not stopping that terrible name.

Technically only Angelica could hear the babies and speak herself so the babies would just be making baby noises to the parents.

jonezer4

Show would have been way more fun if it was just 22 minutes of parents mindfully tending to their mute, helpless infants!

rugrats-gifs-stu-tripping.gif

Seems fine to me.

FinKL

I forgot what Nick channel does it, but they show old episodes of Rugrats!

TeenNick, Splat, or BabyNick? One of those. I thought it was a fun series. It's a cartoon so you don't really care that the parents let the babies do what they do.

epik

I want Netflix to come out with a spinoff rated R prequel where it's the parents fucking each other making the babies, doing drugs, going clubbing.

LordKasual

Banned
This was one of the best cartoons ever.

Too bad the writing quality took a serious nosedive after about 2-3 seasons.

The babies went from completely self-aware children with really funny perspectives on things, to actual babies who deliberately mispronounce words and struggle with basic concepts

Kind of killed what made the show funny. It went from something that could be enjoyed by parents and children alike, to something that could only be enjoyed by children. Kinda like Spongebob.

Bgamer90

Banned
This was one of the best cartoons ever.

Too bad the writing quality took a serious nosedive after about 2-3 seasons.

The babies went from completely self-aware children with really funny perspectives on things, to actual babies who deliberately mispronounce words and struggle with basic concepts

Kind of killed what made the show funny. It went from something that could be enjoyed by parents and children alike, to something that could only be enjoyed by children. Kinda like Spongebob.

Yep. Best seasons of the Rugrats were seasons 1-3. The seasons after that (especially with Dil) were very childish -- more than likely for the purpose of getting kids to force their parents to buy official merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom