• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Aiustis
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:18 PM)
Aiustis's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeemumu

So as I've gotten older, I've started to notice that the antics that the babies were getting into would actually be horrifying from a parental standpoint. How many times did the parents leave their kids somewhere? I mean I always knew that Angelica's parents were bad with a neglectful mom and dad who spoils her, but damn. Leaving your kids overnight in a toy store? Ditching them with some guy you don't know for no reason? Leaving a mech unattended and easily accessible/operated by 1 year olds? Stranded in the wild twice?

I think it was mostly that they were left with Tommy's dad who often pawned them off on the granddad. Just about everyone else had a job.

Edit: I knew a tot that put an airhead in his diaper because of Rugrats...nasty af.
Last edited by Aiustis; 01-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.
zeemumu
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:26 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aiustis

I think it was mostly that they were left with Tommy's dad who often pawned them off on the granddad. Just about everyone else had a job.

Edit: I knew a tot that put an airhead in his diaper because of Rugrats...nasty af.

Gross. I only became right handed because of that rugrats episode about Chuckie being left handed
HStallion
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:26 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Artisan

what the hell is this?

Good parenting.
Deft Beck
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:31 PM)
Deft Beck's Avatar
I always thought the joke was that they were all so absorbed in their yuppie drama that they constantly neglect making sure their kids don't go missing.
WeirdoStalkerJr
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:31 PM)
WeirdoStalkerJr's Avatar

Originally Posted by HStallion

Good parenting.

Pay homage to the king...freeloader!
Akame ga Kill
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:35 PM)
Akame ga Kill's Avatar
Yes, but only because they named their son Dill Pickles. That also makes the parents of Angelica, Chuckle and the twins bad friends for not stopping that terrible name.
HStallion
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:36 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Akame ga Kill

Yes, but only because they named their son Dill Pickles. That also makes the parents of Angelica, Chuckle and the twins bad friends for not stopping that terrible name.

Technically only Angelica could hear the babies and speak herself so the babies would just be making baby noises to the parents.
Blitzrules240
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:39 PM)
Blitzrules240's Avatar
Remember when Drew pleaded he was a good father.
Akame ga Kill
Member
(01-12-2017, 05:39 PM)
Akame ga Kill's Avatar

Originally Posted by HStallion

Technically only Angelica could hear the babies and speak herself so the babies would just be making baby noises to the parents.

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?
HStallion
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:00 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Akame ga Kill

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

Oh I misread what you said, didn't see the parents part.
PSqueak
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:04 PM)
PSqueak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Akame ga Kill

Yes, but only because they named their son Dill Pickles. That also makes the parents of Angelica, Chuckle and the twins bad friends for not stopping that terrible name.

You do know his actual name is Dillan, right?
jonezer4
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:07 PM)
jonezer4's Avatar
Show would have been way more fun if it was just 22 minutes of parents mindfully tending to their mute, helpless infants!
GustyGardens
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:07 PM)
GustyGardens's Avatar


Seems fine to me.
zeemumu
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:21 PM)
zeemumu's Avatar

Originally Posted by jonezer4

Show would have been way more fun if it was just 22 minutes of parents mindfully tending to their mute, helpless infants!

But then they added Dil though and that's pretty much what he is.
FinKL
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:21 PM)
FinKL's Avatar
I forgot what Nick channel does it, but they show old episodes of Rugrats!

TeenNick, Splat, or BabyNick? One of those. I thought it was a fun series. It's a cartoon so you don't really care that the parents let the babies do what they do.
epik
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:21 PM)
epik's Avatar
I want Netflix to come out with a spinoff rated R prequel where it's the parents fucking each other making the babies, doing drugs, going clubbing.
LordKasual
Banned
(01-12-2017, 06:28 PM)
This was one of the best cartoons ever.

Too bad the writing quality took a serious nosedive after about 2-3 seasons.

The babies went from completely self-aware children with really funny perspectives on things, to actual babies who deliberately mispronounce words and struggle with basic concepts

Kind of killed what made the show funny. It went from something that could be enjoyed by parents and children alike, to something that could only be enjoyed by children. Kinda like Spongebob.
Bgamer90
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:39 PM)
Bgamer90's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordKasual

This was one of the best cartoons ever.

Too bad the writing quality took a serious nosedive after about 2-3 seasons.

The babies went from completely self-aware children with really funny perspectives on things, to actual babies who deliberately mispronounce words and struggle with basic concepts

Kind of killed what made the show funny. It went from something that could be enjoyed by parents and children alike, to something that could only be enjoyed by children. Kinda like Spongebob.

Yep. Best seasons of the Rugrats were seasons 1-3. The seasons after that (especially with Dil) were very childish -- more than likely for the purpose of getting kids to force their parents to buy official merchandise.
| Praxis |
Member
(01-12-2017, 06:43 PM)
| Praxis |'s Avatar

Originally Posted by KeyBladerXIII

Tommy's mom was good, his dad was a maniac.

Chucky's dad always did the best he could.

Angelica's parents....yeah.

Phil and Lil's mom was cool, I actually don't remember if they had a dad around.

Phil and Lil's parents voted Trump.

Thread Tools