• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Volimar
Member
(10-16-2017, 05:37 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
Update: I got some fireworks.


woohoo
Poodlestrike
Banned
(10-16-2017, 06:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Volimar

Update: I got some fireworks.


woohoo

I had 5 streams going for a few hours the other day.

1 nifty little decoration for my lander

5 fireworks

3 Latron blueprints
voodooray
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Volimar

I've heard yes. I haven't gotten a single drop though yet, despite making sure my account is linked.

I had this problem when amazon prime items failed to show up. Their support told me to unlink twitch (https://www.warframe.com/twitch/unlink_action) then re-link it. That solved it for me, so might help you here.
Volimar
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:54 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by voodooray

I had this problem when amazon prime items failed to show up. Their support told me to unlink twitch (https://www.warframe.com/twitch/unlink_action) then re-link it. That solved it for me, so might help you here.

Worth a shot, thanks.
dishonestjest
Member
(10-16-2017, 08:00 PM)
dishonestjest's Avatar
This game is so insanely overwhelming - I'm aghast at the fact that there is no tutorial or the like. Maybe I missed it? Anyway, how the fuck do you get to the plains?
ThirtyFour
Member
(10-16-2017, 08:05 PM)
ThirtyFour's Avatar

Originally Posted by dishonestjest

This game is so insanely overwhelming - I'm aghast at the fact that there is no tutorial or the like. Maybe I missed it? Anyway, how the fuck do you get to the plains?

Go to Earth, then look for Cetus, there will be a big door to exit onto the plains.
Niceguydan8
Member
(10-16-2017, 08:07 PM)
Niceguydan8's Avatar

Originally Posted by dishonestjest

This game is so insanely overwhelming - I'm aghast at the fact that there is no tutorial or the like. Maybe I missed it? Anyway, how the fuck do you get to the plains?

There is, isn't there? It's not a great tutorial, but isn't it the first thing the game walks you through?
Ovech-King
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:23 AM)
Ovech-King's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

A brief overview of AOE

Thanks a lot 👍. I just read you can farm some of them upon redoing specific bosses so I'll start there. That's what I love about this game, any of them is bad ass .
Manzoon
Member
(10-17-2017, 01:26 AM)
Manzoon's Avatar
Lots of hotfixes in today.
Uthred
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:07 AM)
Uthred's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manzoon

Lots of hotfixes in today.

Their refusal to adjust low level bounty rewards and the, literally, unbelievable justification for it are a shame. A lot of the other changes are good though.
Niceguydan8
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:10 AM)
Niceguydan8's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

Their refusal to adjust low level bounty rewards and the, literally, unbelievable justification for it are a shame. A lot of the other changes are good though.

I'm not thrilled about it as I don't have much use for the rewards, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it "unbelievable" either. There probably are a lot of people that don't have that stuff that are trying out the game, and the early stuff is so trivial that I'm not sure I should even expect better rewards.
CrazyHal
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:25 AM)
CrazyHal's Avatar
Is it just me or it's hard to see the enemies in the plains? They kind of blend in with the environment. It's espacially troublesome when it's complete chaos and they're all over the place.
Uthred
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:32 AM)
Uthred's Avatar
Damn, digging some old frames out of mothballs only to spot that pustule on their neck is oddly aggravating ;)

Originally Posted by Niceguydan8

I'm not thrilled about it as I don't have much use for the rewards, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling it "unbelievable" either. There probably are a lot of people that don't have that stuff that are trying out the game, and the early stuff is so trivial that I'm not sure I should even expect better rewards.

It's unbelievable because their justification that the low level rewards are there to benefit new players is nonsensical. The problem with the low level rewards is that they are a terrible return on time invested for both old and new players. New players could spend half an hour doing any other mission type in the game and receive the same kind of rewards and in greater quantities (and arguably with less effort). The low level rewards are entirely off kilter with the other missions in the game in terms of time invested to reward received, this holds true for old and new players because we're all playing the same mission types. One relic for a 20-30 minute mission is clearly an unacceptable reward for any level of player based not on that players desires but based on how many relics they could get for that time doing any other mission that drops them. So, to reiterate, to me the justification is unbelievable.
Volimar
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:40 AM)
Volimar's Avatar
please no one ever watch me mine...

I should probably use the mouse for that.
thumb
Banned
(10-17-2017, 03:36 AM)

Originally Posted by CrazyHal

Is it just me or it's hard to see the enemies in the plains? They kind of blend in with the environment. It's espacially troublesome when it's complete chaos and they're all over the place.

They are genuinely wearing camouflage for their terrain. Which makes sense, but will cause the issue you're talking about.
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(10-17-2017, 08:31 AM)
I got a lot of fireworks, 5 Latron blueprints and some decals/sigils ?
Also do extractors not decline anymore? Mine was at 45% and now after the POE update it is at 100% again with no damage after 5 extractions.
Manzoon
Member
(10-17-2017, 09:04 AM)
Manzoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

Their refusal to adjust low level bounty rewards and the, literally, unbelievable justification for it are a shame. A lot of the other changes are good though.

I understand where they are coming from, after I get those Gara pieces I will never have to do those low level bounties again as a high mastery player. I'll race to do the bounty, then take my time coming back and hit mineral nodes and do some fishing on the way back.

Archwing on the plains is so worth the resources. When you break it down it's just one oil and one iradite per charge now, which is fine.
bati
Member
(10-17-2017, 09:56 AM)
bati's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

please no one ever watch me mine...

I should probably use the mouse for that.

LOL. I use a mouse and I was just thinking earlier that this would be easier with a pad. Fwiw, the tool seems to have a mind of its own, it's really hard to trace the line.

Speaking of which, is it possible to get any better tools for mining? There are better fishing spears available. And speaking of that, fishing with Ivara is so awesome. Dashwire over a body of water, prowl, browse web, check back every few seconds, effortlessly catch some fish.
Safeto20Scroll
Member
(10-17-2017, 10:09 AM)
Safeto20Scroll's Avatar
There are two other mining guns u can trade for with the ore guy, apparently the stronger one is needed for the rarer kinds of ore but both will make mining "easier".

Gotta say fishing is just relaxing, I found myself doing the exact some thing multitasking while checking back to see if any spawned.

Would be really nice if there wasn't an entire platoon coming after u all the time LOL.
Lonewulfeus
Member
(10-17-2017, 10:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Tabby

Definitely. Perfect for Ivara because of her sneaky sneaky.

Ran out of ammo with my Rakta Cernos and failed a mission though.

Ran out of ammo?! Carrier prime with ammo case or whatever the card that transmutes all ammo types into your equipped primary and no worries!
Tabby
Member
(10-17-2017, 10:49 AM)
Tabby's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonewulfeus

Ran out of ammo?! Carrier prime with ammo case or whatever the card that transmutes all ammo types into your equipped primary and no worries!

But then I won’t have my Smeeta anymore... I need my Kavat.
bati
Member
(10-17-2017, 11:09 AM)
bati's Avatar

Originally Posted by Safeto20Scroll

There are two other mining guns u can trade for with the ore guy, apparently the stronger one is needed for the rarer kinds of ore but both will make mining "easier".

Do you know the names? I checked the vendor and this was the only one I saw. Do you need higher rank before the rest of the inventory becomes visible? Fwiw I already can see some items I'm not eligible for.
Safeto20Scroll
Member
(10-17-2017, 11:43 AM)
Safeto20Scroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by bati

Do you know the names? I checked the vendor and this was the only one I saw.

They're just called focused and advanced nosam cutters, I don't think they would be locked behind mastery rank? Seems silly especially since they're not weapons really.

Unless u mean tools asides from the cutters then no, firin lasers at rocks is all we got for mining as of now.
bati
Member
(10-17-2017, 12:23 PM)
bati's Avatar

Originally Posted by Safeto20Scroll

They're just called focused and advanced nosam cutters, I don't think they would be locked behind mastery rank? Seems silly especially since they're not weapons really.

Unless u mean tools asides from the cutters then no, firin lasers at rocks is all we got for mining as of now.

No I mean cutters only. I'm MR18 so that's definitely not the case, I'm still rank 1 with Ostron however. I went through the list at miner merchant multiple times and that's the only mining tool he has in stock. Maybe I should verify game's cache.
Volimar
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:09 PM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Safeto20Scroll

There are two other mining guns u can trade for with the ore guy, apparently the stronger one is needed for the rarer kinds of ore but both will make mining "easier".

Gotta say fishing is just relaxing, I found myself doing the exact some thing multitasking while checking back to see if any spawned.

Would be really nice if there wasn't an entire platoon coming after u all the time LOL.


Yeah spear fishing is a lot of fun. I swear I'm better at catching the small fish than I am the large ones.
Niceguydan8
Member
(10-17-2017, 02:27 PM)
Niceguydan8's Avatar

Originally Posted by bati

No I mean cutters only. I'm MR18 so that's definitely not the case, I'm still rank 1 with Ostron however. I went through the list at miner merchant multiple times and that's the only mining tool he has in stock. Maybe I should verify game's cache.

Yeah there's something wrong there, because he has 3 different tools on his inventory.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:17 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar
How does the warframe twitch thing work? Does it take a while to recognize you watched a stream for a hour?
Uthred
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:35 PM)
Uthred's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manzoon

I understand where they are coming from, after I get those Gara pieces I will never have to do those low level bounties again as a high mastery player. I'll race to do the bounty, then take my time coming back and hit mineral nodes and do some fishing on the way back.

Thats immaterial to the issue, low level players doing those bounties are still "wasting their time" because the rewards are so out of sync with the games general time invested to resourced returned ratio. Even as a high level player how happy will you be when you do the highest level bounty and get one relic after 20-30 minutes of play? The rewards are weirdly out of sync with the rest of the game, which is my/the problem.
Manzoon
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:40 PM)
Manzoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

Thats immaterial to the issue, low level players doing those bounties are still "wasting their time" because the rewards are so out of sync with the games general time invested to resourced returned ratio. Even as a high level player how happy will you be when you do the highest level bounty and get one relic after 20-30 minutes of play? The rewards are weirdly out of sync with the rest of the game, which is my/the problem.

They're having fun doing stuff on the plains? I don't know what to tell you. I do the bounties for rep as well.
Niceguydan8
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:47 PM)
Niceguydan8's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

Thats immaterial to the issue, low level players doing those bounties are still "wasting their time" because the rewards are so out of sync with the games general time invested to resourced returned ratio. Even as a high level player how happy will you be when you do the highest level bounty and get one relic after 20-30 minutes of play? The rewards are weirdly out of sync with the rest of the game, which is my/the problem.

First of all, I don't think all players really care about that. I don't care about properly optimizing my rewards like that. If it feels that necessary, I'd just quit the game. The idea that every player that isn't playing ideally is wasting his/her time is ridiculous to me.

Secondly, you aren't taking Ostron rep into consideration. I consider that to currently be more valuable than a random lith relic I could get in 10 minutes or whatever. Unfortunately, the value of reputation really depends on the player preference, so it's hard to pinpoint a general value for it.
Cosmic Schwung
Member
(10-17-2017, 03:57 PM)
Cosmic Schwung's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

How does the warframe twitch thing work? Does it take a while to recognize you watched a stream for a hour?

I think it might be borked for some people. I've got mutiple hours of streams under my belt but no totem.
Sarcasm
Member
(10-17-2017, 04:00 PM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
Totems drop? What kind of totems?
voodooray
Member
(10-17-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

How does the warframe twitch thing work? Does it take a while to recognize you watched a stream for a hour?

Once linked, you should get an email in-game with the item drop.

Drop rates vary, and it wasn't working on day 1, but I've been getting them regularly now, just as long as I have a twitch tab open.

https://www.warframe.com/news/the-great-eidolon-hunt
Manzoon
Member
(10-17-2017, 04:33 PM)
Manzoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

Totems drop? What kind of totems?

A cosmetic statue that you can place in your orbiter.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(10-17-2017, 05:12 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar
Finally got the mail so at least I know everything works now. Time to camp and hope for loot.

I do this with Paragon quite successfully with https://www.twitch.tv/_____/chat. I usually have multiple streams chats open maybe for a placebo effect, but with this it should really help since it seem based on what the streamer is doing and what achievements they earn. Though unlike Paragon, 24/7 afk stream loot farm won't work since they won't be doing anything at all. I'll have to refresh the tabs to see if the person ended broadcast.

My kingdom for a Argon Crystal!
Uthred
Member
(10-17-2017, 05:29 PM)
Uthred's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manzoon

They're having fun doing stuff on the plains? I don't know what to tell you. I do the bounties for rep as well.

If they're a new player they could presumably be having fun playing any part of the game. It's not beneficial to a new player (or any player) that the rewards for the plains are out of sync with the rewards for the rest of the game. How exactly is getting worse rewards helpful to new players? That isnt a rhetorical question. If you agree with DE's reasoning that poor rewards for time invested helps new players then perhaps you could expand on how it does so.

While post hotfix the rep rewards are a bit better for the bounties, they still arent equivalent to the rep rewards you get for similarly difficult missions for the other factions, especially when you take sigils into account. Needless to say, said missions are also quicker to complete and offer more resources. I cant see any reasonable justification for not having the plains rewards be in sync with the rewards for the other parts of the game. But railing against it isnt going to help, so I'll shut up.
Manzoon
Member
(10-17-2017, 05:38 PM)
Manzoon's Avatar
The Plains isn't supposed to be a replacement for normal missions, it's a fun thing to do in addition. I've completed whole exterminate missions and only received common resource drops and a small amount of credits.
Niceguydan8
Member
(10-17-2017, 05:41 PM)
Niceguydan8's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

While post hotfix the rep rewards are a bit better for the bounties, they still arent equivalent to the rep rewards you get for similarly difficult missions for the other factions, especially when you take sigils into account. Needless to say, said missions are also quicker to complete and offer more resources. I cant see any reasonable justification for not having the plains rewards be in sync with the rewards for the other parts of the game. But railing against it isnt going to help, so I'll shut up.

Other faction reputation (specifically syndicates) works differently and the reward structure is different. It's complementary to missions the player is doing.

Ostron standing one of two forms of progression in the Plains, the other being Quills.

So while I could not actually care at all about Syndicates, I'm not really that punished for doing so. I miss out on some cool mods and a few weapons, but other than that I can still do the content without issue and still progress. With the plains, I actually cannot progress without getting reputation and increasing my standing.

I mean, I don't really blame you for thinking that way. It all looks identical to everything else in the game, but the functions of Ostron/Quill standing are very different than the function of Red Veil standing. Getting points in the Red Veil is a much more passive endeavor, whereas the player needs to go out of his/her way and specifically get Ostron/Quill standing. There are options within the Plains, but that's it. I can't just go do a sortie and get Ostron standing. In that sense, i feel like it can't be valued similarly because the means of acquisition for the different types are so different.

They aren't consistent with Syndicate rewards because the Quill/Ostron standings are not equivalent to Syndicate standing in terms of progression.
Victory Red
Member
(10-17-2017, 06:19 PM)
Victory Red's Avatar
I'm looking to join a clan on Xbox if anyone has space.

Gamertag is: NJ Shlice
Crawl
Member
(10-17-2017, 06:21 PM)
Crawl's Avatar
quick question the is ps4 version usually caught up to the pc version in terms of content updates? If not - how long between the two platforms on content.
Gormenghast
Member
(10-17-2017, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Roshin

The most frustrating bit is finding my way around, though. The levels/maps are like mazes and other players just blitz through them. After a while I get a message that the others are waiting for me at the exit and I'm like "I'm sorry, but I don't know where to go!".

But you can also click the matchmaking thingie and play solo? That's the best way while you're finding your way around.

And even if the maps are mazes, you also always have an icon that tells you where you're supposed to go.

It's kind of trivial.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(10-18-2017, 12:41 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar
Came home to 18 twtich drop mails. This is working nicely. Just fireworks and that Latron Blueprint x4.
Izayoi
Banned
(10-18-2017, 01:07 AM)
Izayoi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Finally got the mail so at least I know everything works now. Time to camp and hope for loot.

I do this with Paragon quite successfully with https://www.twitch.tv/_____/chat. I usually have multiple streams chats open maybe for a placebo effect, but with this it should really help since it seem based on what the streamer is doing and what achievements they earn. Though unlike Paragon, 24/7 afk stream loot farm won't work since they won't be doing anything at all. I'll have to refresh the tabs to see if the person ended broadcast.

My kingdom for a Argon Crystal!

Wait, wait. Are you saying I can get the Twitch drops with just the chats open?

If so, this is truly a revelation.

Edit: Does not work for me. Is there a trick to this?
Uthred
Member
(10-18-2017, 01:36 AM)
Uthred's Avatar

Originally Posted by Niceguydan8

I mean, I don't really blame you for thinking that way. It all looks identical to everything else in the game, but the functions of Ostron/Quill standing are very different than the function of Red Veil standing. Getting points in the Red Veil is a much more passive endeavor, whereas the player needs to go out of his/her way and specifically get Ostron/Quill standing. There are options within the Plains, but that's it. I can't just go do a sortie and get Ostron standing. In that sense, i feel like it can't be valued similarly because the means of acquisition for the different types are so different.

Welp, going to make a liar of myself. I disagree that it functions differently than syndicate standing in any meaningful way, I do agree that they cant be valued similarly though, I just happen to think its less value. You use both syndicate and ostron rep as forms of currency. With syndicate rep you can:

- Buy weapons (several of which are top tier)
- Buy cosmetics
- Buy augments for a variety of warframes
- Buy archwing parts
- Buy relics
- Buy captura
- Buy miscellaneous bp's and decorations

In short Syndicate rep lets you buy a variety of things that help you with a variety of aspects in the game. You can get Syndicate rep via

- Missions, give from 3.5-5K per mission and take from 1-10 minutes depending on mission type
- Passively via sigils
- Hand-ins from drops

On the other hand Ostron rep can be used to

- Improve fishing (Plains only resources and activity)
- Improve mining (Plains only resources and activity)
- Buy Weapons (Doesnt seem to be much data out on Zaws but what there is makes them seem mid-tier)
- Buy decorations

In short the majority of uses for Ostron rep are only of use to get more Ostron rep, locking you into the closed ecosystem of the game and helping you in no area other than the plains. You can gain Ostron rep by

- Bounties, give from 1-3k per mission and take 15-30 minutes depending on level
- Hand-ins from Fishing and Mining

So as I said, the function identically, as currency, its just that you can spend your Ostron currency to help you in only one place, its harder and slower to get and the majority of what you spend it on only helps you get more Ostron rep. So I cant see how Bounties rewarding you with a less useful reputation currency makes up for their lacklustre rewards (I'm certainly not salty that I just bugged out of the highest level bounty and on replaying got a single relic, no sir ;) )
Ploid 3.0
Member
(10-18-2017, 01:56 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izayoi

Wait, wait. Are you saying I can get the Twitch drops with just the chats open?

If so, this is truly a revelation.

From my experience with Paragonbot (twitch drop bot that awards you with in game stuff for events), they go off of the list of people in the stream you access with the chat menu. Your name appears in it even if you're just in chat. When something happens in the Warframe stream, or you are randomly selected for random loot, the bot or whatever their method is most likely used the list of people in the room. I doubt twitch stuff can see who's watching a stream and not just in the chat. I may need more testing. Maybe I got all of those 18 boxes as I was changing the stream from normal view to chat. I did have one on stream by mistake for about 30 minutes at most.

When does this end?

Originally Posted by Izayoi


Edit: Does not work for me. Is there a trick to this?

Just set it and forget it. Leave a tab or two open and hope you get lucky. It's still random and it could take a day of nothing. Maybe people start off with this much of mail, or I got one good loot splosion draw (with darn duplicate blueprints, and a lot of fireworks I'll never use).

I will never touch a stream again for a day and just go straight to https://www.twitch.tv/[streamer name here]/chat and see if I get another for testing.

Edit: For the Paragon bot stuff. Look at the bottom of my image here (so many twitch chat tabs afking), I was farming that one hard. Still not sure if it was just bad luck into insane good luck/Epic Games changed the drop rate near the end, or what. I was glad to be lucky at the least.

The post where I think I understand the bot (again may be totally wrong, but I'm already done with this year's Paragon Halloween event). http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=538
Sarcasm
Member
(10-18-2017, 02:03 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Izayoi

Wait, wait. Are you saying I can get the Twitch drops with just the chats open?

If so, this is truly a revelation.

Edit: Does not work for me. Is there a trick to this?

the _____ is the streamer name.

So let's say you are streaming it would put:

https://www.twitch.tv/Izayoi/chat

Though I dunno if ___ is actual chat or not, it loads nothing. So I been just doing that for multiple streams.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(10-18-2017, 02:10 AM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

the _____ is the streamer name.

So let's say you are streaming it would put:

https://www.twitch.tv/Izayoi/chat

Though I dunno if ___ is actual chat or not, it loads nothing. So I been just doing that for multiple streams.

Yes yes, the ____ is a blank for enter streamer's name here, I even tried clicking that to make sure it didn't go to a streamer's channel. I don't want to get banned on gaf for driving people to a streamer for twitch money hah. Like twitch.tv/CrazyMortysNintendorama/chat

Just look at the Warframe list, then check who's streaming and hope they do cool stuff and don't end stream soon. Open their stream in another tab, add "/chat" to the end to enter a low bandwitch, low video memory place in line for loot.
Uthred
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:46 AM)
Uthred's Avatar
New article from PC Gamer If you're new to Warframe, the Plains of Eidolon isn't worth your time probably isn't the kind of coverage DE want for their flagship update. Similar complaints are popping up all over the first page of the subreddit, but then again every kind of complaint pops up on the first page of the subreddit so not sure how useful a barometer that is (and even if it was the subreddit is only a tiny, if vocal, part of the playerbase).
derFeef
lil' bit tasty
(10-18-2017, 09:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Came home to 18 twtich drop mails. This is working nicely. Just fireworks and that Latron Blueprint x4.

I got a Prime weapon, Wyrm, smoke colors and Latron x3.
Plus 50+ Fireworks, haha.
NullPointer
#INTESTINAL
(10-18-2017, 09:26 AM)
NullPointer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Uthred

New article from PC Gamer If you're new to Warframe, the Plains of Eidolon isn't worth your time probably isn't the kind of coverage DE want for their flagship update. Similar complaints are popping up all over the first page of the subreddit, but then again every kind of complaint pops up on the first page of the subreddit so not sure how useful a barometer that is (and even if it was the subreddit is only a tiny, if vocal, part of the playerbase).

Sucks to see that groups are just archwing-ing away from their other teammates like that. Its behavior that's always been a problem in Warframe. People who want to play and enjoy the moment to moment and combat are thrown in with people who want to speed-farm at maximum efficiency and just get it over with.

Looks like this new open world just doesn't play nice with their existing mission/objective/group systems. Its going to have to become something more drop-in/drop-out and with either some matchmaking filters or making archwing something every player has available when entering the plains.

Thread Tools