• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

vala
(10-17-2017, 04:42 PM)
It says OVER 4 millions
Szadek
(10-17-2017, 04:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Sunnybuns

Good for them, it's a hell of a game. Folks need to play it.

Once you can unlock madhouse difficulty without beating the game I will consider it.
Locking that behind pre-orders killed my interest for this game.
Sub Boss
(10-17-2017, 04:43 PM)
Horrible last third but still well deserved 😃
Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
(10-17-2017, 04:44 PM)
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
Szadek
(10-17-2017, 04:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

You actually don't want to play Madhouse on your first run as it skips a few cutscenes and segments of the game. It is completely built around you expecting some stuff to happen and subverting it.

Well, now I care even less about this game.
Sunnybuns
no more brown bags for my meals

Originally Posted by Szadek

Once you can unlock madhouse difficulty without beating the game I will consider it.

You don't want that as your first playthrough, makes perfect sense you need to complete the game first.

Starting that mode from the get-go makes zero sense
mao2

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

But it's a flop tho.

Congrats to Capcom and thank God for letting us out of those dark, dumb ages of RE6.

Congrats to them because RE7 missed their sales target and sold 2.8 million copies less than dark, dumb ages RE6? :P
Linkstrikesback
(10-17-2017, 04:46 PM)

I would seriously recommend not playing on madhouse the first time anyway. It changes positions of a lot of key items and item unlocks from the base game, deliberately subverting what you expect to happen, which was half the fun.

It also would be a bit crap without at least some of the bonus items from clearing the game, honestly. It's balanced assuming you have at least some of them, in my opinion.
BadWolf

Well, now I care even less about this game.

It sounds like you are trying really hard to find reasons not to care about it.

Just move on.
Dusk Golem
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
Graphics Horse
graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does

Originally Posted by SunDimension24

There was an advertisement saying it was a one year exclusive so it will probably show up late January/ early February of next year.

Thanks that's what I was thinking, but I didn't expect Gold edition to release until it was a year old so I thought it might be part of that package.
Sub Boss
(10-17-2017, 04:47 PM)

Originally Posted by mao2

Congrats to them because RE7 missed their sales target and sold 2.8 million copies less than dark, dumb ages RE6? :P

At least they listened and tried a bold change, thats more than what i expect from Capcom these days.
Ahasverus
(10-17-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by mao2

It's still successful tho, nobody in their sane mind thought a pure survival horror was going to sell as well as a loud action game with Coop.

What this shows is that the SH market is still there and the series doesn't have to go all guns blazing.

Yes, 5 and 6 will remain the highest selling of the series, but they can always churn out another action game with zero level design and dumb plot like 6, the 7's are necessary to gain goodwill and build a stable fanbase.

Who knows if a pure action shooter will do as well in the era of the GaaS.
xviper
(10-17-2017, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Sunnybuns

It's a sobering reminder that people who want things like this (and I am that person) are in the minority.

the problem with RE series nowadays is that the true fans of the series who loved the classic games are gone, now the "Fans" of Resident evil are those who liked RE6

so it makes since that Capcom makes a RE game based on what the majority of the Audience want, which is an action crap like RE6

i was really surprised by the announcement of RE7 and was hyped as fuck, i loved RE7 and it's probably the only game in this generation that i finished in one set

it really hurt when i read that Capcom is disappointment with RE7 sales, that means RE8 will probably be like RE6

i just hope they make the next mainline game in the series like RE7 and make Revelations series as a spin-off RE-mini series like RE6, that way they can make RE series for both, the true fans and the fans that destroyed the series
mejin
(10-17-2017, 04:52 PM)
I was waiting for this Gold Edition.
vala
(10-17-2017, 04:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Grim Patron

Steamspy Owners: 490,572 Ī 20,831

Steam price:

$59.99
Sunnybuns
no more brown bags for my meals
(10-17-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by xviper

the problem with RE series nowadays is that the true fans of the series who loved the classic games are gone, now the "Fans" of Resident evil are those who liked RE6

so it makes since that Capcom makes a RE game based on what the majority of the Audience want, which is an action crap like RE6

i was really surprised by the announcement of RE7 and was hyped as fuck, i loved RE7 and it's probably the only game in this generation that i finished in one set

it really hurt when i read that Capcom is disappointment with RE7 sales, that means RE8 will probably be like RE6

i just hope they make the next mainline game in the series like RE7 and make Revelations series as a spin-off RE-mini series like RE6, that way they can make RE series for both, the true fans and the fans that destroyed the series

I'm one of the weird ones who loves almost all RE games. Love the shit out of 6. Love the shit out of 7. Love the shit out of 1, 2, 3. Feel the most lukewarm on 4 from the main series, but I still like it a lot.

I'm weird! Outbreak 1 and 2 are the best!
JayEH
(10-17-2017, 04:53 PM)

i was really surprised by the announcement of RE7 and was hyped as fuck, i loved RE7 and it's probably the only game in this generation that i finished it one set

Please explain how fans destroyed the series? Nobody forced capcom to make re4 heavily action. Yíall need to stop with this stupid infighting in the re community.
Keym
(10-17-2017, 04:54 PM)
Getting one more sale from me when the gold edition drops.
Sho_Nuff82
(10-17-2017, 04:54 PM)

6 and 7 are not the only options for the series, there were 5 great games before either of those polarizing entries.
BadWolf
(10-17-2017, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by JayEH

Please explain how fans destroyed the series? Nobody forced capcom to make re4 heavily action.

Not to mention the new direction the series took with 4 is the RE team's fault, they were bored of working on the classic formula and team members were even leaving to work on other games for this reason.
Fiendcode
(10-17-2017, 04:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

This puts it as the 4th best selling RE title (Coming after RE5, RE6, and RE2).

Not exactly since pre-RE5 multiplats were counted separately, and even RE5/6 donít include later ports. Itís also behind RE4, RE1 and probably RE3 too.

Also at some point Capcomís accounting method seems to have changed, it used to separate budget reprints but doesnít anymore. Otherwise the Gold releases would be a different SKU.
Manu
(10-17-2017, 04:56 PM)

[citation needed]
KHlover
Banned
(10-17-2017, 04:58 PM)

So people can't be fans because they like different games of a series than you do. Lmao, only on GAF.
Jawmuncher

Originally Posted by Fiendcode

Not exactly since pre-RE5 multiplats were counted separately, and even RE5/6 donít include later ports. Itís also behind RE4, RE1 and probably RE3 too.

Also at some point Capcomís accounting method seems to have changed, it used to separate budget reprints but doesnít anymore. Otherwise the Gold releases would be a different SKU.

I purposefully didn't want to count all of the SKU's together so I just went with what the Top 10 sellers are on Capcom Platinum Sales as is lol
PushingButtons
Great news! RE7 was only the 2nd RE game I played (the first being RE4). Looking forward to seeing where they take RE8.
sixteen-bit
(10-17-2017, 04:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

As a quick update:

1.) 4 million was the original fiscal year goal. They hit 3.5 million that year instead.

2.) Their goal for this fiscal year is 2 million by March 2018, so they're 1/4th of the way there.

Good luck with that one.

Why does Capcom always have such lofty sales projections?
BadWolf
(10-17-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Good luck with that one.

Why does Capcom always have such lofty sales projections?

Remember how they wanted Dragon's Dogma, a brand new IP, to sell 10 million?

Yeah...
myco666
(10-17-2017, 05:02 PM)
Can we please get through even one RE thread without someone saying "true fans"? Shit is getting tiring.
Lonely1
Will VR come to PC?
Ryuuga
Banned

not enough, more people need to buy this masterpiece

we have been waiting longer than a decade for Resident evil to truly come back to it's roots, and when it finally happened, it didn't sell well, that's horrible news for TRUE fans of the series

Miss me with this nonsense, Scotsman.
Dusk Golem
(10-17-2017, 05:03 PM)

Tizoc
(10-17-2017, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by vala

Steam price:

$59.99

Game has been on sale a couple of times by now.
xyla
(10-17-2017, 05:07 PM)
That's okay news!

I somehow can't believe that RE4 sold less than 4 million though.
The Wii version alone sold 2 million, right? Or is the GCN version the only one that's counted for this comparison?
giancarlo123x
Banned
(10-17-2017, 05:10 PM)
It deserves more sales. One of the best this year.
PantsuJo
(10-17-2017, 05:12 PM)
I wonder what next Capcom game will be capable of reaching 4 millions...

I can only think of Monster Hunter World.

But I don't know if it's really capable of a good result like this.
Jawmuncher
(10-17-2017, 05:12 PM)

Originally Posted by xyla

That's okay news!

I somehow can't believe that RE4 sold less than 4 million though.
The Wii version alone sold 2 million, right? Or is the GCN version the only one that's counted for this comparison?

Not totally recent but this was the last numbers I calculated awhile back
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366246

Then these were the last updated for 5-7 until this news
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1412494

I'll update the OP
His Majesty
(10-17-2017, 05:13 PM)
Great game that sadly went down a cliff in its last few hours.
Jawmuncher
(10-17-2017, 05:16 PM)
Ok updated the OP since people kept bringing it up. Until we get more info RE7 is the 6th best selling RE title (This is counting all SKUs as one and only using confirmed numbers given by capcom).

Resident EVil 5 - 9.5 million
Resident Evil 6 - 8 million
Resident Evil 4 - 5.9 million
Resident Evil/Resident Evil:Director's Cut - 5.08 million
Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million
Resident Evil 7 - 4+ million
xyla
(10-17-2017, 05:19 PM)

Ok updated the OP since people kept bringing it up. Until we get more info RE7 is the 6th best selling RE title (This is counting all SKUs as one and only using confirmed numbers given by capcom).

Resident EVil 5 - 9.5 million
Resident Evil 6 - 8 million
Resident Evil 4 - 5.9 million
Resident Evil/Resident Evil:Director's Cut - 5.08 million
Resident Evil 2 - 4.96 million
Resident Evil 7 - 4+ million

That seems way more likely, thanks for the update!
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(10-17-2017, 05:21 PM)
Ah. I bought it at a high price.
v0rtikal
(10-17-2017, 05:21 PM)
I'd love to try it, but first person view puts me off. It really makes me feel sick.
BadWolf
(10-17-2017, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by PantsuJo

I wonder what next Capcom game will be capable of reaching 4 millions...

I can only think of Monster Hunter World.

But I don't know if it's really capable of a good result like this.

RE and MH are Capcom's only IPs that can pull in those kinds of numbers.
Rarius
(10-17-2017, 05:23 PM)
Phenomenal game, can't wait for the expansion.
Sammy Samusu
(10-17-2017, 05:24 PM)
I got my brand new sealed copy for $20.

But go! Capcom I guess?
Jawmuncher
(10-17-2017, 05:26 PM)
Code Veronica (PS2 on PS4) is $3.74 on PSN
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...d=pa-st-111690

Seems like a price mistake because the PS3 version cost's way more atm.
casey_contra
(10-17-2017, 05:26 PM)
Awh I'm happy for them. I loved this game - I would love to see stats on how many people played in VR.
chandoog
(10-17-2017, 05:27 PM)

Code Veronica (PS2 on PS4) is $3.74 on PSN
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...d=pa-st-111690

Seems like a price mistake because the PS3 version cost's way more atm.

Yeah but PS3 version is an actual remaster, this is the PS2 version straight up emulated.
Burt
(10-17-2017, 05:28 PM)
Waiting for the Halloween sale in 2 weeks
Psycho_Mantis
Banned
(10-17-2017, 05:28 PM)
Nice. Best RE since RE4. A return to form for the series.