• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ChazGW7
(10-16-2017, 03:35 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

Yeah. The Steam version has a countdown timer now and it's not unlocking for another 27.5 hours even though the Uplay version unlocks in 9.5 hours.

What the hell??? That can't be the case can it?
GuitarGuruu
(10-16-2017, 03:36 PM)

Yeah. The Steam version has a countdown timer now and it's not unlocking for another 27.5 hours even though the Uplay version unlocks in 9.5 hours.

So if I buy it strictly on uplay it'll be unlocked sooner?
Count of Monte Sawed-Off
un33dab@dpu$$y
(10-16-2017, 03:38 PM)
Sounds like they pulled off the new battle system, that has me really excited. As much as I love Obsidian, I don't think losing them here was a big deal.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(10-16-2017, 03:41 PM)

Originally Posted by GuitarGuruu

So if I buy it strictly on uplay it'll be unlocked sooner?

That's the case at this juncture.

Originally Posted by ChazGW7

Ubi might unlock the Steam version at the same time, but considering the 10am PT unlock time was only very recently set, I wouldn't count on it.
Lylo
(10-16-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by HiiiLife

Donít really care about South Park but Iím willing to try this out tomorrow.

I don't know man, but if you're not into South Park i think it's very hard to enjoy this game. But, who knows, don't let me stop you from trying it out. I hope you like it. :)
AerialAir
Banned
(10-16-2017, 04:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Lovely Salsa

Is the european version censored again?

Originally Posted by ldcommando

I don't think so.

So, even The Stick of Truth is uncensored this time around in EU? I remember someone on one of the preorder threads, some months ago, saying that TSoT's download was censored on EU...
Anyways, what's the expire date for the download code that comes with the physical version of TFbW?
RPGCrazied
(10-16-2017, 04:13 PM)
Can't wait to play it. Stick of Truth was fantastic. It probably won't beat it story wise, but still looks great.

I have to wait until Thursday though. Amazon screwing up again with release day shipping.
HomespunFur
(10-16-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by outunderthestars

Yes, day one copies have a code for the original game. :)

So it's only day one copies that have stick of truth? After release there won't be a way to get SOT on PS4?
ViciousDS
Banned
(10-16-2017, 04:43 PM)
even with the stick of truth pre-order bonus.....is it possible to cancel my steam pre-order and get the uplay version so i can play today when i get off work?
luulubuu
(10-16-2017, 05:09 PM)
It's also more cheap in Uplay if I recall correctly

Originally Posted by Piston Hyundai

It says "BAD THREADS" right there, so I figured it was a bit of self-awareness on your part. Sorry if I was out of line.

Self-awareness of what. I love my threads and people seems to like them too. But sure buddy.
TMaakkonen
(10-16-2017, 05:11 PM)
Two questions:

Are there multiple save slots like in previous game?

Are there no more missables? First game had some, which was annoying. I think I heard this is no longer the case, but I'd like to make sure.
luulubuu
(10-16-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by TMaakkonen

Two questions:

Are there multiple save slots like in previous game?

Are there no more missables? First game had some, which was annoying. I think I heard this is no longer the case, but I'd like to make sure.

I think someone pointed that they missed a Yaoi Picture so maybe ? Good question
JaseC
(10-16-2017, 05:14 PM)

Originally Posted by ViciousDS

even with the stick of truth pre-order bonus.....is it possible to cancel my steam pre-order and get the uplay version so i can play today when i get off work?

Not if you've played Stick for 2+ hours since pre-ordering.
Xaero Gravity
(10-16-2017, 05:14 PM)
My copy was delivered. :O

But I'm at the office until 9:30 pm :(
Social
(10-16-2017, 05:16 PM)
got a uplay key for 36.39 EUR, decent deal.
Mr Solo Dolo
(10-16-2017, 05:16 PM)
Let's cut to the chase guys and ask the important question.

Can we get a David Hasselhoff nose job again?
Azoor
(10-16-2017, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Piston Hyundai

It says "BAD THREADS" right there, so I figured it was a bit of self-awareness on your part. Sorry if I was out of line.

It's called sarcasm dude...
alexbull_uk
(10-16-2017, 05:19 PM)
Really excited to play this. Probably my most anticipated game this year.
ChazGW7
(10-16-2017, 05:21 PM)

That's the case at this juncture.

Ubi might unlock the Steam version at the same time, but considering the 10am PT unlock time was only very recently set, I wouldn't count on it.

Welp, time to cancel my steam order. God damn.
Ahasverus
(10-16-2017, 05:24 PM)
Only day one copies contain SOT? That's lame, I though it was on disc.
G-Bus
(10-16-2017, 05:24 PM)
Didn't realise this was out soon.

Hot damn. Wish I wasn't so busy this week
iHaunter
(10-16-2017, 05:25 PM)
Definitely going to pick this up after I finish Shadow of War.

Looks even better than the first!
MrPressStart
(10-16-2017, 05:28 PM)
Is there any other way to get the first game (stick of truth) on the PS4? I know its a preorder bonus from gamestop, but I didn't preorder.
PhantomThief
Banned
(10-16-2017, 05:28 PM)
Cant wait to play this!
JetSetRadio
(10-16-2017, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by MrPressStart

Is there any other way to get the first game (stick of truth) on the PS4? I know its a preorder bonus from gamestop, but I didn't preorder.

Digital bonus too which leads me to my question, should I play SotT first?
JaseC
(10-16-2017, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by MrPressStart

Nope. It may be made available separately after the promotion ends, but you're in for a long wait as it runs until January 31st.
Milennia
(10-16-2017, 05:41 PM)
I need it now
pretty done
(10-16-2017, 05:44 PM)

Originally Posted by ChazGW7

Seems very Ubi to me. Try to get people to buy it on their shit instead of Steam.

Will go PS4 then. It unlocks earlier than Steam and no Denuvo.
Kensuke
(10-16-2017, 06:14 PM)
Hmm, I was wondering were my pre-load was, but it looks like I got a refund for the pre-order way back when (using an alternate region account). I wonder if I should reinvest. Stick of Truth still works.
AC_Frog
(10-16-2017, 06:16 PM)
I got it early from a mom and pop shop that broke street date and beat it over the weekend. It was ...okay. Combat was quite fun and you have a LOT of freedom in what skills you bring to the table, and who you want in your party. So much freedom though that if youíre good at video games, you can just steamroll through it.

Story wise, I think Stick of Truth was a better game. I remember laughing more on that game and being more surprised by the things I was fighting and doing. The entire ending sequence of the last game was so damn amazing. In this one, things seem a lot more tame and the ending was a bit of a letdown and very abrupt. For all the super hero subject matter, I feel they didnít mine it too much for jokes.

It is still worth a play through Iíd say, the combat is fun enough and I absolutely was laughing quite a bit through the game. I just wanted to see things get a bit more outrageous and a few game systems expanded a bit more (like your followers on Instagram mattering).
Aspiring
(10-16-2017, 06:18 PM)
Stupid question but is there any news on if this or The Stick Of Truth have any ps4 pro enhancements? Not life or death but just curious.
mauaus
(10-16-2017, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Aspiring

Stupid question but is there any news on i
If this or stuck of truth have any ps4 pro enhancements? Not life or death but just curious.

would like to know this too about Fractured
Sheppard
(10-16-2017, 07:04 PM)
Is Mystic more of a John Constantine type or a Scarlet Witch type?
Social
(10-16-2017, 07:04 PM)
Set your VPN to south korea or Japan and you can play now if you bought it via uplay!
weekev
Banned
(10-16-2017, 07:05 PM)
Cracked and preordered, reviews sound awesome and i havent played stick of truth either so the 2 great games for the price of 1 is too much......sorry backlog.
Kaizer
Banned
(10-16-2017, 07:05 PM)
Been watching a Twitch stream of this today & this game is INSANE.
sam777
(10-16-2017, 07:07 PM)
If anyone here will have a code for the Xbox version of The Stick of Truth they don't want, I will buy it off you for a few dollars.

Don't want to preorder this as I won't get on to it for a long while and want to play the first one first.
maniac-kun
(10-16-2017, 07:15 PM)
Okay watched a stream for 30 min and the game went from not even on my radar to instant buy on PS4 :D Download is as good as finished and I have to wait another 5 hours to play it. The Stick of Truth remaster for free is a nice thing to have tho :D
cube001
(10-16-2017, 07:21 PM)
I want to play it as soon as possible, but cdkeys has the gold version for the same price as the standard one and I'm intrigued but don't want to wait for them to send the key...

Has anyone purchased it from them and already got the key?

Edit: nvm bought and got the code immediately
stan_marsh
(10-16-2017, 07:35 PM)
The wait for the mail is brutal, should be here within the hour!
JPS Kai
(10-16-2017, 07:37 PM)

Originally Posted by luulubuu

I think someone pointed that they missed a Yaoi Picture so maybe ? Good question

Multiple save slots are confirmed. I don't know the full # but I have at least 4 saves right now.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe side quests can be picked up in any chapter and don't get locked out. There was one quest I had that needed 500 might and I got it fairly early on. Nothing else seems like it would be missable.
JPS Kai
(10-16-2017, 07:39 PM)

Originally Posted by MrSaturn99

Posted this question in the review thread, but maybe this is a better place:

No, but that doesn't mean they can't show up in the DLC. I mentioned no Mint Berry Crunch and it sounds like they're in one of the add-ons.
Rox598
(10-16-2017, 07:40 PM)
Anyone who ordered from Amazon UK have their order ship yet?
Tankard
(10-16-2017, 07:44 PM)
Stick of Truth was a game that almost closed last generation for me and i still regard it as one of my faves from the last 10 years. So yeah, i'm so very excited to play this one.
Bersi
(10-16-2017, 07:45 PM)
Checking my email: Scheduled Delivery Updated To:

Wednesday, 10/18/2017 , By End of Day

I hate everything.
Foxy the Fox
(10-16-2017, 07:57 PM)
Is the latin american dub in the disc or is a separated download?

Also, is it any good?
Mathrin
(10-16-2017, 07:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Bersi

Checking my email: Scheduled Delivery Updated To:

Wednesday, 10/18/2017 , By End of Day

I hate everything.

My dude, you ordered on Amazon? I've just checked and mine is the same thing. Steelbook edition...
PhantomThief
Banned
(10-16-2017, 08:02 PM)
Im sure its been asked before but is the eu version censored this time again?
Xaero Gravity
(10-16-2017, 08:05 PM)
Thinking about having my roommate install the game while I'm at work and just playing via Remote Play :o
JaseC
(10-16-2017, 08:07 PM)

Originally Posted by PhantomThief

Im sure its been asked before but is the eu version censored this time again?

No version is censored.