• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

sinonobu
Banned
(10-17-2017, 03:43 PM)
http://gamestalk.net/post-87062/

-Not a sequel to S/M but the story with "different divergence".

-The appearance of Ultra Recon Squad will change the story.

-Main Story with different development and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

-People who are expecting minor changes like "Emerald" or "Platinum" should be expecting "Ultra Change".

-There's new game content where players can roam around the Ultra Hole and go to different dimensions.

-Capturing and raising Pokemon became easier compared S/M.

-In some of the dimensions that players go through "Ultra Warp Ride", players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokemons. One of the Pokemons player can encounter is Mewtwo.

-If one just compares the sheer length of the script, US/UM is twice as long compared to Sun and Moon.
Busaiku
(10-17-2017, 03:45 PM)

-In some of the dimensions that players go through "Ultra Warp Ride", players will be able to encounter some Legendary Pokemons. One of the Pokemons player can encounter is Mewtwo.

Genies confirmed, RIP VGC.
Kyzer
Banned
(10-17-2017, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by sinonobu

-and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

They finished constructing a battle frontier, demolished it, and added a battle maison
Panthalassic
(10-17-2017, 03:46 PM)

-If one just compares the sheer length of the script, US/UM is twice as long compared to Sun and Moon.

Y'know, I wasn't sure about USUM, but I loved SM's story so I guess I'll bite.
E_Darkness
The scripts is twice the length? So this new content might be bigger than I thought. I don't fancy returning to Alola for full price mind.
Aleh
Damn this sounds very promising, especially the postgame part. Finding some legendaries through the wormholes was expected but it’s nice nonetheless!
kng3025
Interesting, but I'm still not hyped for the games like I have been for past third version installments. We'll see if that ends up changing when they are released.
Delaney
This is promising. I wish the promotional cycle for these games would have gone better, but I still think they should have made sequels instead of alternate stories.

Kissing goodbye to regional forms too, since I doubt we are going to see more of them in a long time, like Megaevolution.
Spinosaurus
(10-17-2017, 03:47 PM)

-Capturing and raising Pokemon became easier compared S/M.

Curious what they mean by this. Hope leveling up to 100 is a lot easier at least.
Berordn
(10-17-2017, 03:47 PM)

-People who are expecting minor changes like "Emerald" or "Platinum" should be expecting "Ultra Change".

Hm. Acting like Platinum is a "minor change" from DP is probably not going to sit well if US/UM don't deliver.
Galava
(10-17-2017, 03:48 PM)
Calling it now, Ultra-warp ride will allow us to go to iconic locations of other regions. Mewtwo's cave, Deoxys island, the Pillar from Hoenn, Darkrai and Cresselia islands... maybe some isolated routes to catch unique pokémon...
Blackquill
(10-17-2017, 03:48 PM)
Still not impressed
Forkball
(10-17-2017, 03:49 PM)
ULTRA CHANGE

They basically have to put in interdimensional portals into every remake/third version from now on in order to catch the old legendaries. I wish they blended into the world better like they did in HGSS.
PK Gaming
I hope they toned down the reinforcements feature

That made catching Pokémon an absolute drag
Demoli

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

Can't we have 1, just 1 Genie free VGC

GAME FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK

Edit: I meant VGC Generation my bad
NSESN
If the story is twice as long please make the cutscenes skippable.
E_Darkness
(10-17-2017, 03:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Galava

Calling it now, Ultra-warp ride will allow us to go to iconic locations of other regions. Mewtwo's cave, Deoxys island, the Pillar from Hoenn, Darkrai and Cresselia islands... maybe some isolated routes to catch unique pokémon...

I guess we are going to Kanto (in some way).
Donniewahlberg
Banned
(10-17-2017, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by PK Gaming

I hope they toned down the reinforcements feature

That made catching Pokémon an absolute drag

Yea, this was the one soul crushing feature about Sun and Moon. They needed to at least add a limit to the call ins.
Heartskips
Banned
Not happy with the Mewtwo thing, I disliked the legendary quest in ORAS - just felt forced and had nothing exciting about it. And yeah, the freaking genies will destroy the VGC again.

The script part interests me, the main story in SM was the best part about it.
MaximumSpider
Banned

-Main Story with different development and there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

I hope so
backlot

Originally Posted by Demoli

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

We just did though.
True Fire
(10-17-2017, 03:52 PM)
Kinda sounds like an ORAS treatment for SM.

As long as they cut the introduction. That was a goddamn marathon.
Infinite
(10-17-2017, 03:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Busaiku

Genies confirmed, RIP VGC.

LOL!
-Horizon-
(10-17-2017, 03:53 PM)
Only ultra change? That's not plus ultra.
ffdgh
(10-17-2017, 03:54 PM)

http://gamestalk.net/post-87062/

-there's a new post game content after beating Pokemon League.

Iwanttobelieve.png
balladofwindfishes
How can you have a healthy meta without the Genies of Healthy Meta?
HawthorneKitty
Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

We get it like every other year...
LotusHD
Banned

Originally Posted by -Horizon-

Only ultra change? That's not plus ultra.

More of a fan of plus chaos myself

---

Well, I was getting it anyways, seems promising
Blackquill
(10-17-2017, 03:55 PM)

Originally Posted by backlot

We just did though.

Yeah instead we had Moody Smeargle everywhere
Berordn

Originally Posted by E_Darkness

I guess we are going to Kanto (in some way).

Hah, don't be absurd.

We're going to Kalos. Enjoy your single room cave.
Linkark07
Nope, still not going to buy this.

Having to start all the main campaign again is disheartening.
Huge Succeeded
(10-17-2017, 03:56 PM)
Does this game have trials or gyms?
Forkball
(10-17-2017, 03:56 PM)
Siliconera has more info

Junichi Masuda in in charge of fully supervising the game.

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

For Sun & Moon, Game Freak worked on balancing bosses by making them beatable if players use proper strategies or suffer if they go in recklessly.

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

The reason they’re releasing Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon is to offer players some variety before the current image they get stuck with the same image of Alola.

The story isn’t a “sequel.” It’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.

Characters from the “Ultra Expedition Team” make an appearance, and that’s where the story changes. They appear at the opening of the game, so you’ll be able to start the game with excitement.

On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

The Ultra Expedition Team arrived from another world through an Ultra Wormhole. A new element is being prepared that will have the protagonist and company dive into the Ultra Wormhole and visit all kinds of different worlds.

Pokémon will be much easier to collect and train compared to Sun and Moon.

Using the “Ultra Warp Ride” to travel to other worlds, you’ll even get to visit a world with Legendary Pokémon. For example, you can meet and catch Mewtwo. That’s all Game Freak has to say about that for now and they’ll leave it to your imagination whether we’ll get to meet other Legendary Pokémon.

If we put it simply as far as story volume goes, the addition of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon should about double the current story volume for the Sun & Moon generation.

Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(10-17-2017, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Huge Succeeded

Trials.

Maybe Gyms afterwards?

But Trials are what's confirmed.
RionaaM

Twice the cutscenes! Just what I wanted, having control taken away from me more often.

Still going to buy these games, I am part of the problem.
megarockexe

Originally Posted by Galava

That's what I was thinking too. But I didn't want to get my hopes up. After all, why would they actually do this?
Blackquill
(10-17-2017, 03:59 PM)

After completing work on Sun & Moon, the staff felt that there was still more they could do in the Alola region.

I laughed a little bit

Game Freak was greatly relieved to learn that Z-Moves were well-received by fans.

I think it's a great feature but I don't think it balanced the game like developers said before S/M release. Most of the time, it just gave popular Pokémon even more option like flying type such as Gyarados, Dragonite or Landorus
LotusHD
Banned
(10-17-2017, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by RionaaM

Twice the cutscenes! Just what I wanted, having control taken away from me more often.

Still going to buy these games, I am part of the problem.

It's gonna be great :D
Linkark07
(10-17-2017, 04:00 PM)

Sure, giving us a proper sequel in which we can battle Pokemon Trainer Lillie in Kanto.
Not75Drops
(10-17-2017, 04:00 PM)
Genies of the healthy meta pretty much confirmed.

Originally Posted by Huge Succeeded

Trials. Most of the captains seem to return but the trials will likely be different. The only trial that will probably be removed entirely is the Dragon one near the end of the game.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/usum/story/170922_05.html
Aleh
(10-17-2017, 04:01 PM)
If it were for me we’d get triple the cutscenes. Bring it on.
Neoxon
The idea of the script being twice the length of the original does catch my curiosity. Hopefully the teased bigger change compared to Platinum vs. Diamond/Pearl lives up to the hype.
Galava

Originally Posted by Blackquill

I laughed a little bit

"After finishing Sun and Moon, we saw that we could get another 10M+ in sales using the same concept."
clemenx
Banned
(10-17-2017, 04:03 PM)

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

It is known

MoeDabs
(10-17-2017, 04:04 PM)
I’ve only finished two Pokémon games(Blue and Moon), but Moon’s story was the dumbest shit ever. Please improve.
GiantBreadbug
(10-17-2017, 04:04 PM)
Hype rising, still cautiously optimistic.

Masuda being in charge means Ohmori is neck deep in Gen VIII I hope.
Linkark07
(10-17-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by MoeDabs

I’ve only finished two Pokémon games(Blue and Moon), but Moon’s story was the dumbest shit ever. Please improve.

Since Moon's story was dumb, please try X/Y.
sinonobu
Banned
(10-17-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by MoeDabs

That was the best Pokemon story in 20 years.
Not75Drops
(10-17-2017, 04:07 PM)

Originally Posted by GiantBreadbug

Hype rising, still cautiously optimistic.

Masuda being in charge means Ohmori is neck deep in Gen VIII I hope.

It's a weird comment because we already know who the director is for US/UM. This is the first game that he's directing. Masuda has moved to the producer position permanently, so he would be overseeing this and the Gen 8 games anyway.
Serpens007
(10-17-2017, 04:08 PM)
Landorus, specially Scarfed Landorus, is the only genie that will be truly used in VGC. Thundy isn't as viable with the Tapus.

We'll see if Cresselia and Heatran are there too.

Hyped for the game though, I just guess we don't have new Alolan-variant Pokemon