• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I finally got to 1.2 mil for Yshtola. Happy about that one, for sure. Now I can really start evaluating my squad for Gilgamesh trial...

Btw, ran all Pro exclusively but I did refresh.

Alkez

Instead we have 2 non FFT units on the banner that also have the bonus for some reason

WTF... I mean I know that they ONLY do bonus on banner units now but still. What a crock of shit

Give me a reason to pull out Mustadio, Agrias, and Alma from The vault. Lets celebrated FFT for a change.

This shit is so lazy and I feel like they are just caving to the pressures of the playerbase to just push Orlandu out so that reddit can fucking shut up about it

Yeah I definitely get where you're coming from and agree with you. But tbh I'm glad he's finally here. I am so sick of people going on about him. I don't mind it being rushed if I can stop seeing "When is Orlandu coming?"

Well, with TGC coming on Friday i think its time to turn Noct into an evasion tank. Squad will be TGC for chaining, Olive for chain finisher, Noct for evasion tanking, Ling for break and Ling things, and Yshtola/Refia. The only atk buff if running Ysh is Noct's link. Wont have that problem if I run Refia. Thoughts?

Really really like that team. I know you were originally building your "hyper offence" (as we call it in the Pokemon community lol) with Cecil as your healer but I much prefer this build. Having an actual healer and a pseudo tank seems better to me than a tank who's a pseudo healer. With the new global exclusive Katana coming on Friday this build looks very promising in my eyes.

across

Well, useful data point to know that Gumi is quite happy to run a grindy-ass Mog King event concurrent with a Raid. Was wrong on that one, but correctly predicted the Player's Choice -> Orlandeau play.

I'd love to have TGC's TM for Randi to play with but I think I'll have to settle for using the GAFlandeaus instead. This is not going to be a fun event when none of the (obtainable) units are worth a damn.

Well, useful data point to know that Gumi is quite happy to run a grindy-ass Mog King event concurrent with a Raid. Was wrong on that one, but correctly predicted the Player's Choice -> Orlandeau play.

I'd love to have TGC's TM for Randi to play with but I think I'll have to settle for using the GAFlandeaus instead. This is not going to be a fun event when none of the (obtainable) units are worth a damn.

Yeah Im still trying to figure out how I might want to build Randi

I know I want to use him and max out his LB so he has SOME kind of single target nuke

across

Yeah Im still trying to figure out how I might want to build Randi

I know I want to use him and max out his LB so he has SOME kind of single target nuke

Shouta or maybe Visceir can chime in if they have information that says otherwise but from where I'm standing he's just kind of a wash until enhancements (unless, again, you get Orlandeau's TM on him... maybe?)

He should be good on Ifrit, for example, but he's just roundly inferior to Firion (a 3* base) for damage. Good stats, good killers, bad attacks. Depending on what units you're using, Slice Thrice can be an overall damage loss if it overwrites a larger DEF break, too. Liability.

I'm glad I pulled him because he and Ramza are why I bothered starting this silly game in the first place but he's dubiously useful at best until enhancements.

Shouta or maybe Visceir can chime in if they have information that says otherwise but from where I'm standing he's just kind of a wash until enhancements (unless, again, you get Orlandeau's TM on him... maybe?)

He should be good on Ifrit, for example, but he's just roundly inferior to Firion (a 3* base) for damage. Good stats, good killers, bad attacks. Depending on what units you're using, Slice Thrice can be an overall damage loss if it overwrites a larger DEF break, too. Liability.

I'm glad I pulled him because he and Ramza are why I bothered starting this silly game in the first place but he's dubiously useful at best until enhancements.

Debuffs dont overwrite. They both go on and the one that has the highest strength takes priority

I think Randi has a few advantages over Firion. Both in Stats and gear. He also is a lot tankier

Randi is basically a tougher version of Firion defensively and weaker offensively i guess? Bushido freedom doesnt really help which is why his LB is important

He really needs that 4x attack to be somewhat viable without help from other ability TMs

I suppose dualweilding the kitchen Knife for Stab could be a decent option though the attack loss sucks

Azuran

Banned
I've been hearing about Orlandu for so long that I just don't care anymore. Also that banner is the definition of trap trash.

Tidus where are you?!

c-murph

Cat Hat Get!!

So, close to finishing Soluna No.1 & No.2 and DeathScythe too!

Then I'll start on a new batch to TM Farm.

I've been hearing about Orlandu for so long that I just don't care anymore. Also that banner is the definition of trap trash.

Tidus where are you?!

My thoughts... meh. He's been so hyped up for so long. I'm fine and able to play the game with whatever it gives me. I don't need him any way. Elza and her Lightning sisters are able to conquer all. After we get Enhancements; the DKC twins can join in the fight too!

Just like clockwork, I finally pulled Yshtola via summons right after acquiring her via rank:

wmmMY7I.png

Gumi!

Tidus where are you?!

Wasn't Tidus with a 2nd 5* his first banner? Wilhelm I think? Even though the banner isn't trash he will be harder to pull than Orlandu. Yeah just looked it up his overall banner is pretty good at least TM wise, but fuck double 5* banners.

Visceir

Wasn't Tidus with a 2nd 5* his first banner? Wilhelm I think? Even though the banner isn't trash he will be harder to pull than Orlandu. Yeah just looked it up his overall banner is pretty good at least TM wise, but fuck double 5* banners.

Or just wait until the FF X banner and get some Rikkus along with your Tidus.

Or just wait until the FF X banner and get some Rikkus along with your Tidus.

I will pull on the first banner for the other units, but yes waiting until the Rikku banner is probably the better way to go for Tidus. Wilhelm seems cool, and his shield is nice, but I would probably cry if I pulled him instead of Tidus.

across

Debuffs dont overwrite. They both go on and the one that has the highest strength takes priority

I think Randi has a few advantages over Firion. Both in Stats and gear. He also is a lot tankier

Randi is basically a tougher version of Firion defensively and weaker offensively i guess? Bushido freedom doesnt really help which is why his LB is important

Hmm. I thought for sure they did overwrite, but it appears you are correct! That's good to know, thanks.

I'll just say Randi has no advantages over Firion in gear (objectively; they use the same armor and Firion can use all of Randi's weapons and more) and only a slight (and conditional) edge in terms of stats. Base stats are strikingly similar and Firion can equal Randi's passive buffs via the right weapon mastery bonuses pretty easily - aside from, perhaps, SPR (though he can do that, most people aren't going to sacrifice a fist or axe for a whip or gun to do it)

Also his primary attack is nearly half the cost of Randi's. Counts for a lot when neither have auto-refresh.

Writing all that out made me feel even worse for the poor boy. Oh well. His time will come... hopefully!

Really really like that team. I know you were originally building your "hyper offence" (as we call it in the Pokemon community lol) with Cecil as your healer but I much prefer this build. Having an actual healer and a pseudo tank seems better to me than a tank who's a pseudo healer. With the new global exclusive Katana coming on Friday this build looks very promising in my eyes.

I have the units minus TGC but I'm not going to finish 4 Shine TM's and a 20 sided die in time by Friday but it will happen in the next month or so. Can't wait! I'll start posting videos when it all comes together.

Muku

Orlandeau with his divine ruination sounds like the bootleg version of real orlandu with holy explosion

So Global gets the bootleg, eh? Hahahaha.

Haven't gotten in-game yet. Husband just got home from work and told me he's coming. I'm a bit mixed on feelings on him. I haven't looked at the news or anything, but I have afeeling he is a nerfed bag full of shit, because by time they get to global, things have been spayed and neutered.

My real question comes down to this: how is he base? Is it not until enhancements and TMs he gets to be even good at all? (And what TMs help him get to that point if true.) I'm trying to set expectations. I know right now it's speculation, because they've probably gutted him. It's Global afterall.

Haven't gotten in-game yet. Husband just got home from work and told me he's coming. I'm a bit mixed on feelings on him. I haven't looked at the news or anything, but I have afeeling he is a nerfed bag full of shit, because by time they get to global, things have been spayed and neutered.

My real question comes down to this: how is he base? Is it not until enhancements and TMs he gets to be even good at all? (And what TMs help him get to that point if true.) I'm trying to set expectations. I know right now it's speculation, because they've probably gutted him. It's Global afterall.

He needs TM's to be truly the God people say he is and I believe a 2nd Orlandu to chain with. His enhancements just came out, and didn't really add much.

Who knows

As of now everything appears to be carbon copy JP except for the Katana addition

Im sure there will be other changes but considering that we have competitive units like Noctis, Yun and Olive..

Its hard to imagine they would Nerf Orlandu

across

This is an interesting perspective when you consider that the only 5* base to get changed negatively for GL is Noctis for obvious reasons and multiple units have received useful GL-exclusive abilities.

Muku

Hm. Which TMs then would be suggested for him then?

Also, why the fuck are there BE units in my FFT banner? I fucking love FFT. But why are BE characters soiling my damn banner??? WTF GUMI! And where is Agrias 6*.

Also, why the fuck are there BE units in my FFT banner? I fucking love FFT. But why are they soiling my damn banner??? WTF GUMI! And where is Agrias 6*.

Yup

Not a fan of how they are doing this

I want them to double down and doing things different for global but whatever

Alkez

You only really need dual wield (which most long term players have now) and Excalibur. But if you don't have Excal there's an event light type greatsword which will do just fine.

Blade mastery is nice to have too to go with the genji blade, but the above is most important.

I have the units minus TGC but I'm not going to finish 4 Shine TM's and a 20 sided die in time by Friday but it will happen in the next month or so. Can't wait! I'll start posting videos when it all comes together.

What weapon(s) were you planning to use on Noctis? Because if you use the event Katana you would "only" need 3 shines TMs to get perfect dodge. But if you had something else in mind then you would need a 4th.

Katana - 10%
2 Six Sided Die/Ring - 40%/45%
3 Quick Assault - 30%
Innate - 20%

Muku

They only half wanna do stuff. They don't mind swapping around order, but then they're not changing up stuff enough if they want to surprise us. What a bunch of shit. Take these god damn BE units and shove them up your ass Gumi.

across

Also, why the fuck are there BE units in my FFT banner? I fucking love FFT. But why are BE characters soiling my damn banner??? WTF GUMI! And where is Agrias 6*.

Excalibur, Dual Wield. Blade Mastery probably helps a lot. That's it. And in reality, since this event gives you a holy elemental greatsword, what you need for him to be powerful is... Dual Wield. And a second Orlandeau, either yours (haaaa...) or a friend's.

Muku

Excalibur, Dual Wield. Blade Mastery probably helps a lot. That's it. And in reality, since this event gives you a holy elemental greatsword, what you need for him to be powerful is... Dual Wield. And a second Orlandeau, either yours (haaaa...) or a friend's.

Hm. Dual Wield isn't that bad. If I got him I could technically steal CoD's off Yun once Raid is done. I'm working on a second Dual Wield right now anyway. Thank you.

Should have my Genji Glove (cries tears of joy) 2nd Brave Suit, and 2 more Shine TM's done by Friday just in time for my small possibility of pulling da God. Just got my first Nine TM done. Will do my other 3 probably after I am done with the Tactics event.

creid

I chased rainbows a little this morning. It didn't go well. 12 tickets and 5250 lapis gone, still Noct-less. I do have like 7 Cecils now though.

Zalasta

Having DW really makes a big difference, but having only one to share between several units is quite inconvenient. I have to remember to switch it depending if I was doing arena or the raid event.

Finally got the 1.2 million Y'shtola since my pull has been terrible.

Already spent 50 tickets on the player choice banner, don't really want to use my lapis, but I don't want to go away empty handed without either a Noctis or Gilgamesh :(

Xion86

So I decided to do a final 3 more 11 pulls before the end of this banner to try my luck at Gilgamesh (I'm not sure why, as few pages a go I said I was put off 11 pulls and not going to do any). No luck unfortunately, even got crap like Shadow. That was 7 10+1 pulls and not one Rainbow :eek: this game is so broken now compared to months back.

I'll do only one next banner to try my luck and stick to using my tickets and dailies.

Nearly got Y'shtola via points and haven't got her using Raid coins yet! Haha.

So I decided to do a final 3 more 11 pulls before the end of this banner to try my luck at Gilgamesh (I'm not sure why, as few pages a go I said I was put off 11 pulls and not going to do any). No luck unfortunately, even got crap like Shadow. That was 7 10+1 pulls. I'll do only one next banner to try my luck and stick to using my tickets and dailies.

Nearly got Y'shtola via points and haven't got her using Raid coins yet! Haha.

awwww

Look at all you rulebreakers

Damnit.. Sorry to hear that man

This PC banner has been a drain on the majority of people in here outside of a select few

Xion86

awwww

Look at all you rulebreakers

Damnit.. Sorry to hear that man

This PC banner has been a drain on the majority of people in here outside of a select few

It's been so long since I did 11 pulls, I did around 4 because it was my birthday on Friday and did a final 3 more today for some mad reason during a work meeting...I thought, come on, must get at least one Rainbow out of all of these, and have a chance at that Glove I really want.

But yeah, time to stop now. They are just sprites on your device people! SPRITES! :p

Pejo

Orlandu banner is a hard pass for me. Not even dailies. They even spelled it Orlandeau, weird.

Ok, maybe a single 10+1 pull, but that's all.

Anyways, I have no idea how I'm so far behind the curve on Ifrit points. I guess I'm really slow due only doing PRO. I don't have the time right now for like a 5-10 minute fight per orb though. Ah well, that calculator says I'll get to Y'sh in a few days, I'm not worried about it.

C'mon Tidus/Rikku banner, inching ever closer.

Syntsui

Divine Ruination is the correct name of the skill, Holy Explosion was a bootleg translation. It's also the exact same skill Agrias will have in her 6*. You are a bunch of Tactics posers!

Muku

Having DW really makes a big difference, but having only one to share between several units is quite inconvenient. I have to remember to switch it depending if I was doing arena or the raid event.

Finally got the 1.2 million Y'shtola since my pull has been terrible.

Already spent 50 tickets on the player choice banner, don't really want to use my lapis, but I don't want to go away empty handed without either a Noctis or Gilgamesh :(

Well, yeah. I haven't actually shared my DW up until now. And that's only because Yun is good at this event. CoD doesn't even need it since she's either Barfiraing people or using Return. So doesn't feel lost on it. And if I happen to get Orlandu, then I'll probably jack CoD's DW anyway in mean time. Though thinking I may end up needing 3 if I get him.

Apparently Y'shtola isn't in my future. I've done I dunno how many summons on this shit raid and Than's out the ass with the occassional Minfilia. I guess I don't exactly need her... but I would like her in my arsenal at least.

Will do daily pulls as I usually do on the tactics banner. Not enough other incentives to pull on it.

This banner would be more interesting with the two BE shits off and it and replaced with 2 Tactics people. Ugh.

Syntsui

The disrespect from the devs putting these BE noobs together with Tactics legends in a Tactics event SMH. Fuck Alim and Gumi for not redeeming themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom