• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Dahbomb

Someone asked him which version of Dante is in Marvel Infinite.

He said DMC1 version with DMC3/DMC4 costumes. Which is acceptable.

Then he said that they might switch to the DMC5 version if that is announced beforehand.

WUT. How does that even make sense? Also which game is he being designed after? Every DMC game has Dante with a different toolset which makes him a different fighting game character every time. Would be weird seeing DMC1 Dante with DMC3 weapons and moves...

So yeah gonna keep calling BS on the dude.

Mista Koo

I really want to see that leak be true just for the drama.

How about he leak some game play stuff? It's all character related leaks.
No one cares about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then he said that they might switch to the DMC5 version if that is announced beforehand.

WUT. How does that even make sense? Also which game is he being designed after? Every DMC game has Dante with a different toolset which makes him a different fighting game character every time. Would be weird seeing DMC1 Dante with DMC3 weapons and moves...
He is being designed after UMvC3 Dante.

I think that the list from the user is fake as hell but then I see this:

Ten Count ‏@Ten_Count_Fall
P/3: More X-Men characters would be where safe money goes since fans do want Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, and Cyclops.

Seeing these X-Men again would be awesome, specially Psylocke, I'll keep my salt close though.

That guy who made the "New Year Leak" is talking on twitter again. Says UMvC3 will get a Switch port, Infinite will be confirmed for the console, and a Power Stone port is coming to the system. Also said Gwenpool has been cut, roster isn't final, and Jedah is in. It's fun to read through his post.
giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, there's a Switch press conference today?

Neoxon

Kinda lame that Teen Cyclops isn't the leader, Kamala's my favorite character of the bunch but there's a good reason why Cyclops was the best candidate.

But yeah, Ms. Marvel needs to happen. Imagine how ridiculous her moveset could be.
Thinking from Marvel's point of view, it kinda makes sense to make Ms. Marvel the leader from a marketing perspective. It'd be easier to adapt the team for the MCU as well as cartoons (if they continue to give the mutants the shaft in said animated shows). That plus Ms. Marvel's is Marvel's current rising star.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, according to this guy, who seems pretty confident, BS or being swindled by Capcom or not:

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Ms. Marvel (Kamala; has special intros with Iron Fist, Gene, Chun-Li & Ryu)
Thor
Loki
Hulk
Hawkeye (No more Ant-Man hyper)
Black Panther
Black Widow
Ant-Man (Moveset contains Wasp)
Spider-Man
Venom (Classic)
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Ultron (Not playable at launch)
Thanos
Star-Lord
Rocket (w/Groot, used like an assist, akin to Maya for PW)
Dr. Strange
Squirrel Girl (Howard the Duck almost took this spot)
Fing Fang Foom (Giant)
Wolverine (DLC)
Magneto (DLC)
Storm (DLC)
Dr. Doom
Songbird (to be announced in April for Thunderbolts 20th Anniversary)
Silver Surfer (DLC)

Considered: Mystique, Super-Skrull (DLC)
Scrapped: Gwenpool (was supposed to be not an exact clone of Deadpool)
In the game in some capacity: Dr. Octopus (i.e.: could just be story), Medusa

Capcom:
Ryu
Rashid (Potentially DLC)
Chun-Li (Potentially DLC)
Zangief (Potentially DLC)
Gill (Potentially DLC)
Morrigan (Nerfed bust size)
Jon Talbain (will have Amaterasu colour or alt)
Tessa (Included over additional DarkStalkers character)
Mega Man X
Sigma (Not playable at launch)
Roll (Classic; based on TvC moveset)
Strider
Jin
Captain Commando
Falcon
Asura
Gene (Considered as Clover rep; has a lot of moves)
Dante (Classic; DMC3 & DMC5 costumes in, may have DMC5 costume tie-in DLC or be made the default if DMC5 is announced before Dante is)
Leon
Ada (RE4)
Wesker
Nina (BoF2) (Flight mode, spell moves, Shaman Form hyper)
Spencer (likely Classic)
Simon Blackquill (Has sword attacks, Taka helps him fight, might have Helm Splitter & Silence!)
Phoenix Wright (Team felt he was a failed idea in UMvC3; tweaked moveset)
Rathalos (Giant; might not make it if Marvel desides to remove Fing Fang Foom)
Masamune Date
Batsu (Akira or Yurika almost took this spot)
June
Frank West (Dead Rising 4 outfit)
Akuma
Hunter (from MH, potentially replacing one of the characters above, will have female variant, will have multiple armors which could refer to alts)
Jedah
4th Darkstalker character (DLC, likely Sasquatch or Anita)
2nd BoF rep from BoF2
3rd BoF rep from BoF3 (potentially Momo, Myria)
2nd Red Earth rep (probably Leo, maybe Hauzer)
Obscure retro Capcom character (one of: Saki, Michelle Heart, Pure & Fur, Amazon from Magic Sword)

Suggested (Ono): Ingrid, R.Mika
Considered: Bleu, Fou-Lu, Katt, Rei, Garr, Generic Hunter, Poison, Juri (SSFIV), Firebrand, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, 4th Mega Man character, Lord Raptor, Pyron
Not considered: Tron Bonne

Additional details:
- This info is 3 months old. from a Capcom UK source who communicates with a source at Capcom USA
- Leaker admits he might be being passed misinformation and counterintelligence as a part of a campaign by Capcom, says that might have happened to other leakers too (named Ryce), and Capcom used this to also gauge interest, so take these lists as a combination of just ideas, launch characters, and actual planned DLC
- Oct 10, 2017 release date
- UMvC3 Port will be announced today to gauge interest for MvCI, potentially even a MvCI announcement today
- Aiming for 35 characters to start, odd numbered character is Ultron infected with Sigma Virus
- Will have unplayable additional characters in the story mode.
- Most of the default Marvel costumes take from Marvel NOW!
- 4-6 colours per character, alts will have individual colours you can pick between
- Felicia censorship by Marvel, Disney and ESPN to make the game more presentable/eSports
- Marvel is not trying to see midnight Bliss
- Hard at work at making netcode the smoothest and most stable they've ever made
- Idea of cross-costumes was pitched at some point
- Stages will be mashups, one that might happen is the Ace Attorney Courtroom in or taken over by Hell (Ace Attorney/Ghost Rider)
- Story mode will have a lot more attention to detail and less useless characters than SFVs
- Decision on mechanics post-X-Factor and TAC was to have more controlled chaos

Source.

I still think only 1 DMC rep makes the list feel like BS. With DMC5 coming out(still not confirmed but rumored etc) and assuming Nero will have a big part you'd assume Dante and Nero would be in this... But any list with Gene in it has my heart...

Tizoc

So, according to this guy, who seems pretty confident, BS or being swindled by Capcom or not:

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Ms. Marvel (Kamala; has special intros with Iron Fist, Gene, Chun-Li & Ryu)
Thor
Loki
Hulk
Hawkeye (No more Ant-Man hyper)
Black Panther
Black Widow
Ant-Man (Moveset contains Wasp)
Spider-Man
Venom (Classic)
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Ultron (Not playable at launch)
Thanos
Star-Lord
Rocket (w/Groot, used like an assist, akin to Maya for PW)
Dr. Strange
Squirrel Girl (Howard the Duck almost took this spot)
Fing Fang Foom (Giant)
Wolverine (DLC)
Magneto (DLC)
Storm (DLC)
Dr. Doom
Loki
Songbird (to be announced in April for Thunderbolts 20th Anniversary)
Silver Surfer (DLC)

Considered: Mystique, Super-Skrull (DLC)
Scrapped: Gwenpool (was supposed to be not an exact clone of Deadpool)
In the game in some capacity: Dr. Octopus (i.e.: could just be story), Medusa

Capcom:
Ryu
Rashid (Potentially DLC)
Chun-Li (Potentially DLC)
Zangief (Potentially DLC)
Gill (Potentially DLC)
Morrigan (Nerfed bust size)
Jon Talbain (will have Amaterasu colour or alt)
Tessa (Included over additional DarkStalkers character)
Mega Man X
Sigma (Not playable at launch)
Roll (Classic; based on TvC moveset)
Strider
Jin
Captain Commando
Falcon
Asura
Gene (Considered as Clover rep; has a lot of moves)
Dante (Classic; DMC3 & DMC5 costumes in, may have DMC5 costume tie-in DLC or be made the default if DMC5 is announced before Dante is)
Leon
Ada (RE4)
Wesker
Nina (BoF2) (Flight mode, spell moves, Shaman Form hyper)
Spencer (likely Classic)
Simon Blackquill (Has sword attacks, Taka helps him fight, might have Helm Splitter & Silence!)
Phoenix Wright (Team felt he was a failed idea in UMvC3; tweaked moveset)
Rathalos (Giant; might not make it if Marvel desides to remove Fing Fang Foom)
Masamune Date
Batsu (Akira or Yurika almost took this spot)
June
Frank West (Dead Rising 4 outfit)
Akuma
Hunter (from MH, potentially replacing one of the characters above, will have female variant, will have multiple armors which could refer to alts)
Jedah
4th Darkstalker character (DLC, likely Sasquatch or Anita)
2nd BoF rep from BoF2
3rd BoF rep from BoF3 (potentially Momo, Myria)
2nd Red Earth rep (probably Leo, maybe Hauzer)
Obscure retro Capcom character (one of: Saki, Michelle Heart, Pure & Fur, Amazon from Magic Sword)

Suggested (Ono): Ingrid, R.Mika
Considered: Bleu, Fou-Lu, Katt, Rei, Garr, Generic Hunter, Poison, Juri (SSFIV), Firebrand, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, 4th Mega Man character, Lord Raptor, Pyron
Not considered: Tron Bonne

Additional details:
- This info is 3 months old. from a Capcom UK source who communicates with a source at Capcom USA
- Leaker admits he might be being passed misinformation and counterintelligence as a part of a campaign by Capcom, says that might have happened to other leakers too (named Ryce), and Capcom used this to also gauge interest, so take these lists as a combination of just ideas, launch characters, and actual planned DLC
- Oct 10, 2017 release date
- UMvC3 Port will be announced today to gauge interest for MvCI, potentially even a MvCI announcement today
- Aiming for 35 characters to start, odd numbered character is Ultron infected with Sigma Virus
- Will have unplayable additional characters in the story mode.
- Most of the default Marvel costumes take from Marvel NOW!
- 4-6 colours per character, alts will have individual colours you can pick between
- Felicia censorship by Marvel, Disney and ESPN to make the game more presentable/eSports
- Marvel is not trying to see midnight Bliss
- Hard at work at making netcode the smoothest and most stable they've ever made
- Idea of cross-costumes was pitched at some point
- Stages will be mashups, one that might happen is the Ace Attorney Courtroom in or taken over by Hell (Ace Attorney/Ghost Rider)
- Story mode will have a lot more attention to detail and less useless characters than SFVs
- Decision on mechanics post-X-Factor and TAC was to have more controlled chaos

Source.

Loki is listed twice. I call BS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Personally, I'm with the leaker when it comes to the devs just throwing names out there to see how people react. Can't even imagine getting that many BoF or Red Earth reps over DMC. Feels way too fan wishlisty in general, and I'm also super hesitant to believe so many characters are being moved in and out this late in the development cycle, it's not like they haven't had information on who people want vs. don't want. That's all people have been talking about since even before MvC3 was out.

Also including Jedah, and that character alone bringing the ratings up sounds like speculation and unlikely.

Can't see Loki and Jedah especially being announced tonight at the Switch event. If MvC:I is even there, it will probably just be more footage of existing characters, or just a title card in a slideshow.

Loki is listed twice. I call BS.
T'was my mistake, didn't double check the second time the leaker talked about him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nether Cap or Ironman have their Marvel NOW (I assume he means current) costumes lol

Kuraudo

Banned
I doubt Capcom are leaking fake lists--that's just asking for people to be disappointed when the actual roster is revealed.

J-Tier

I just hope the giants are false. Fin Fang Foom does fit the narrative of a Monsters Unleashed representative though.

Despite that, the rumor has way too much info for me to entertain. There are these usual telltale signs of a fake leak.

2 things:
- "gauge interest" is my most hated industry term.
- So after today will the leaker just admit he was spouting bs or go the cult leader way of thinking and says being proven wrong doesn't mean he was lying?

Dahbomb

I still think only 1 DMC rep makes the list feel like BS. With DMC5 coming out(still not confirmed but rumored etc) and assuming Nero will have a big part you'd assume Dante and Nero would be in this... But any list with Gene in it has my heart...
1 DMC rep and 3 BoF reps, 2 Red Earth reps and 4 DS reps is such a troll lul!

But at least he's going all the way with the leaks and not backing down. I admire the work ethic.

Negaduck

Sigma not being in at launch seems silly (and ultron) especially if they are boss characters. That part doesn't make much sense to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hopefully it's bullshit, because I can't have Mystique first destroy the X-Men movie franchise and now the games too.

shaowebb

New game informer mentions that Infinity stones have 2 powers attached to them. Anyone have other sources that go into more detail on this? I'd like to know if that special state we saw was considered one or whether its referring to something else they do.

Negaduck

New game informer mentions that Infinity stones have 2 powers attached to them. Anyone have other sources that go into more detail on this? I'd like to know if that special state we saw was considered one or whether its referring to something else they do.

Maybe like v skill/v trigger?

Gem skill/gem factor?

Weiss

Banned
That guy is so full of shit. "Capcom is faking leaks to gauge interest" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and is just a way for him to get an out when he gets shown to be a fraud.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also including Jedah, and that character alone bringing the ratings up sounds like speculation and unlikely.

Do you realize that they could censor his moveset if they want him in? I meant any characters could get in if the developers want to make it happens then it would happens.

I would love to see BOF2 Nina but it's kinda unrealistic to expect her in. :(

Weiss

Banned
Do you realize that they could censor his moveset if they want him in? I meant any characters could get in if the developers want to make it happens then it would happens.

I would love to see BOF2 Nina but it's kinda unrealistic to expect her in. :(

If any BoF character would get in, it would be Nina, and Nina 2 does seem like she'd be the best fit with her huge pool of Spells, flight, and Shaman Form.

And I feel that, with Jedah, if you have to censor what makes him cool, then you aren't representing him properly. Jedah's all about self mutilation in over the top gory ways/

Weiss

Banned
Her or Ryu BOF.

Well, yeah, but I do think the name will get in the way of him showing up, unless they use Ryu Bateson or call him Brood Ryu.

That. and that's if there's any BoF character at all since Capcom's stated reasoning for it never appearing in crossovers is lack of Western popularity.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, yeah, but I do think the name will get in the way of him showing up, unless they use Ryu Bateson or call him Brood Ryu.

That. and that's if there's any BoF character at all since Capcom's stated reasoning for it never appearing in crossovers is lack of Western popularity.

Did they actually say that? I would've heard about it in case. When or where did they commented on that subject?

I'd say of any BoF characters, BoF3 Ryu (The aforementioned name workaround sidesteps the two Ryus issue), BoFII Nina, and Fou-Lu are the likeliest, with Nina edging the other two out.

My pipe dream pick is Rei, but it's nice to want things.

Did they actually say that? I would've heard about it in case. When or where did they commented on that subject?
Niitsuma cited it as a big reason for why Fou-Lu didn't make it for UMvC3, since they were trying to appeal to the west there.

I also recall him saying that BoF and Power Stone characters were left out of TvC because they probably would've been too similar to characters already on the roster. That always seemed like a cop out answer, though.

Top Bottom