• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump introduces his plan for a Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement-Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So what happens when the country learms from this that illegal imigrant crimes arent as widespread as most racist think? Will donald trump call fake news from this unit he created? Or this unit will just exagerate numbers?

In addition to the other responses, I'd like to point out that the go to answer for underwhelming numbers will always be "but these are just the crimes being reported on, there are surely far more crimes that go unreported." This agency will first and foremost lend more visibility to the cycle of confirmation bias already surrounding both legal and illegal immigrant crime rates.

Toxi

Banned
It gives you an avenue to shift the blame off of yourself to an 'other' for your woes.

Germany had something similar before WW2.
Sorry, I should have said there is no practical reason for this to exist if you are not a Nazi.

Don't break the law?
Holy shit, are you real?

Explain why we need a federal office specifically for reporting examples of crime commited by immigrants. Explain why we are not doing the same for native citizens.

You're justifying this blatantly unnecessary fear-mongering against people like my father under the justification of "Don't break the law?" Really?

There is literally no practical reason for this to exist.

This.. It's really messed up thing to do, surely the country has a lot bigger crime and murder issues with its own citizens than a handful of immigrants causing shit...

And the name is even just stupid V.O.I.C.E ..fucking really???

couldn't you reserve the acronym V.O.I.C.E for a committee that maybe helps minorities, people in special needs/care that need their VOICES heard...?

They should've called this S.I.R.E.N or A.L.A.R.M.. as in ring the ALARM when you see an illegal Mexican causing shit, so we can send some troops to shoot him.

KHarvey16

Don't break the law?

What about the victims who will be discriminated against by people emboldened by this dog whistle bullshit? It singles out a statistically law abiding group for no possible legitimate reason. The actual reason is clear to everyone.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
He doesn't have to talk about the numbers. He'll just has to trot out one victim for every speech to tell their story and mourn the victim. That's it. That'll be enough to ramp up anti-immigrant sentiment in the absence of facts.

Hell, people are already giving Democrats shit for groaning when he brought it up.

They're going to exploit victims of crimes to push their anti-immigrant agenda.

Meanwhile, the next time a white guy opens fire on people, they'll just give a vaguely worded condemnation about racism or mental illness, whatever's easier, just like he did when he talked about the shooting in Kansas City. See. He said stuff. Now shut up and let me tell you all about the Mexicans killing our citizens.

This is a difficult concept for many to understand but, here we go.

Crime rates are fairly stable across ethnic backgrounds. Lower class/income people commit more crimes per capita than any other group and rates decrease as you climb the ladder of income.

Racial lines is a terrible way to draw crime stats because they are almost uniform across the board on a per capita basis.

Sorry, I should have said there is no practical reason for this to exist if you are not a Nazi.

Holy shit, are you real?

Explain why we need a federal office specifically for reporting examples of crime commited by immigrants. Explain why we are not doing the same for native-born citizens.

To be fair and it is about being fair isn't it. It's called Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement. Immigration crime is not the same as "crime committed by immigrants".

Immigration crime can even include the immigrants as the victims. It can include anything from human trafficking to drug dealing. Anything involving illegal imports to all sorts of things.

I know immigrant is a very triggery word right now but maybe read in context.

KHarvey16

To be fair and it is about being fair isn't it. It's called Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement. Immigration crime is not the same as "crime committed by immigrants".

Immigration crime can even include the immigrants as the victims. It can include anything from human trafficking to drug dealing. Anything involving illegal imports to all sorts of things.

"It doesn't only ban Muslims..."

Who do you think this fools?

This is a difficult concept for many to understand but, here we go.

Crime rates are fairly stable across ethnic backgrounds. Lower class/income people commit more crimes per capita than any other group and rates decrease as you climb the ladder of income.

Racial lines is a terrible way to draw crime stats because they are almost uniform across the board on a per capita basis.

Not to mention that this is very clearly going to result in people being hurt/killed in retaliation regardless of what their citizenship status is.

Wherein his statement did that come out? There are already federal agencies to bulwark against human trafficking and drug dealing.

What, specific purpose does this proposed agency do, and what, from what Donald Trump said in his own words, did you find to take away that this is to protect immigrants?

Chococat

Nazis had Jews, Slavs, communists, and others whom the Nazis considered "Untermenschen".

Trump has Muslims, immigrants, and the opposition party.

Stupid humans not learning from history.

Context does matter, and perhaps knowing who's coming up with this shit, and what they're about should actually tell you everything you need to know.

This is propaganda designed to drum up support for harsher policies.

182z4vns198gfjpg.jpg

Pretty much this. I hate this orange fuck.

Oersted

Hell, people are already giving Democrats shit for groaning when he brought it up.

They're going to exploit victims of crimes to push their anti-immigrant agenda.

Meanwhile, the next time a white guy opens fire on people, they'll just give a vaguely worded condemnation about racism or mental illness, whatever's easier, just like he did when he talked about the shooting in Kansas City. See. He said stuff. Now shut up and let me tell you all about the Mexicans killing our citizens.

Hours before pledging he will make USA safer(from immigrants), Donald made the access to guns for mentally ill people easier again

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

So there is that.

Darknight

He did not mention that immigrant that got killed and 2 injured, did he?

Jotakori

This grosses me out so badly. Especially because he led into it sounding reasonable, and like it might be something that wouldn't be so terrible compared to everything else he does or has cooking. Then he dropped the immigration crime bit and - and I just can't.

It's so blatant, and clearly just trying to further demonize and create unnecessary fear of immigrants. And what's even worse, is that it'll probably work.
God, I will never understand how people are so willing to blindly hate just because they're told to.

Amalthea

Banned

Just because they pay a little lip service towards fairness and immigrants it still means that it's supposed to reinforce the notion among nationalists that all immigrants are criminals and illegal. It's typical racist doublespeak.

RocBase

We already are. We are reading in the context of our history.

Breads

Banned
He did not mention that immigrant that got killed and 2 injured, did he?

To be fair those were indian. In context Trump literally does not care about them because they aren't black, hispanic, or muslim.

Well, they may be muslim, but in context, to Trump, they aren't.

sonicmj1

The context is pretty clear from the speech. Trump invited and mentioned people whose family members were killed by illegal immigrants with criminal records. The organization is for "those who have been ignored by the media and silenced by special interests." The victims Trump invited are "brave Americans whose government failed them."

The office exists to amplify media attention to any crimes of this kind in order to put pressure on sanctuary cities and reduce sympathy for illegal immigrants. It "provides a voice"; it does nothing to actually prevent or punish crime.

Sianos

So to be clear, when you say "in context" you are referring to the context of the speech in which this department was announced, correct?

In context, Trump talked exclusively about people who were victims of illegal immigrants.
He has said absolutely nothing about supporting immigrants, ever.

Try again.

Oh well at least you added the word illegal in front of immigrants. Better than most word smiths these days.

Oh well at least you added the word illegal in front of immigrants. Better than most word smiths these days.
And we've reached stage two of the traditional handbook.

Look if you're not going to even bother keeping up a pretense of honest discussion then why are you even posting here other than "lol isn't it funny to make the Libruls mad?"

Sianos

Yeah, unlike the dumbasses who use the word "illegal" as a plural noun because heaven forbid they accidentally empathize with the designated scapegoat - because there can be no nuance, only good hombres and illegals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom