• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony gets racist. White is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey

aoi tsuki said:
What does him being black have to do with this?

I have no clue. All I said is I find some of this stuff in here offensive and some wise ass tries to come in here and make smart ass comments.

Ashodin

aoi tsuki said:
gbasp_wallpaper11.jpg
apt5.jpg

I did that AD and never even thought about it! :lol :lol

Ranger X

GreekWolf said:
I would agree with that, if we're talking about cultural interpretation. This particular ad might not cause anyone in Germany, India or Japan to raise an eyebrow... but if you plastered it on a huge billboard in New York, Los Angeles or D.C., I'd be willing to bet that it would evoke a much different reaction..

Agreed. But some Americans should forgive some shit that happened in their past.

GreekWolf said:
Can't say that I agree with that at all, especially when you take into consideration that throughout history, racism has been the dominant factor in instigating many wars.

To discriminate you isn't something nice, but to KILL you is an entirely new level of barbarism. Whatever triggers war, the act of war itself is the more reprehensible than any reasons you put behind it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
dalyr95 said:
Most adverts are of half naked woman and no one complains that is sexist.

50 Cent holds a gun and a baby for his movie, isn't that glorifying voilence. No one gives a shit.

wow you actually just used two examples of things that people DID complain about.

people complain about half naked women in ads being sexist ALL THE TIME. and the 50 cent movie poster was on the news once or twice.

it is a racist joke. anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong. no, its not that big of a deal, but just as half naked woman selling axe is sexist, this is racist. its racist humor and i personally could care less

but for people to go "oh you're reading too much into this".. it's a white person dominating a black person as it says WHITE IS COMING. we're not reading too much into it, we're stating what is right there

basik

This is VERY racist. I read racist message boards for fun sometimes and they would love these ads.

First pic has the black person being dominated.

The other has the black guy portrayed as some kind of raping savage. Thinly veiled 'we must protect our white women' propaganda.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
basik said:
This is VERY racist. I read racist message boards for fun sometimes and they would love these ads.

There you've got it! It's clearly.. wait - What?

nyong

Banned
You guys DO realize these are both women right???

Secondly, people are going to see in these pictures what they want to see. It seems to me that recently people in America are on an anti-racism witch hunt. It doesn't matter what the true intent of the advertisement is, people see white/black and immediately begin twisting the rest into some racist fairy tale. Look how the frothing hoards jumped all over it before the whole story even came out (i.e. the rest of the advertisement).

For this reason I highly doubt Sony would release these in the states, and it has nothing to do with us somehow being more "sensitive" (in a good way) or perceptive.

this thread is over-flowing with faux-intellectualism. The image does not have to show the white person in dominance to deliver a racist message.

The series of adverts are depicting and promoting difference and strife based on race/ethnicity. It's poor form on the part of Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom