• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Tom Bossert. Homeland Security Advisor
He kind of reminds me of Michael Scott.
michae-scott-quotes-5.jpg

Meanwhile, the expression on the face of the only woman there just screams:

how-to-plan-to-quit-your-day-job-huge-mistake-gif.gif

Just saw the news..
bannon shouldn't have been in the white house in the first place.

I guess when 2 days ago , trump was saying " he's a great guy" , it's was , like the others the code name before exiting the WH

Mondrian

Bannon's war for Trump didn't work in the White House and it's certainly not going to work when he's no longer on the team. If anything, Bannon's #WAR will just continue to help sink Trump's approval rating.

Bannon didn't get to be featured in the Summer Camp 2017 photo. You can just feel the fun and comradery here.

DHjpChTXUAE2J7W.jpg:large

I like to imagine all of these people are aging at 5 times the normal rate and their faces are a glimpse at their inner souls' decay.

Why can't they fucking smile for a photo? Too friendly looking for this administration?

Rorschach

Gotta mention Hillary, get his base to remember the good times.

I think it's more to remind people that Bannon wasn't there the from the beginning. That he "came in late." Which is what he kept emphasizing whenever anyone brought him up.

It's ok guys, he was just a johnny come lately that didn't really matter!

studyguy

Isn't it weird how there isn't a single picture of Trump tweeting? I imagine him being like a teenager 90% of the time, staring at his phone all day and shouting at everyone how they just don't Get it. The world is so unfair for him.
Also, notice how Trump is the only person sitting down with a prop in every picture.

That's not entirely true, we have a photo and video of him boarding AF1 while typing on his phone moments before Reince Preibus was announced let go via Twitter.

GutsOfThor

Why are people happy this shitstain is gone? The cancer that is trump is still in the White House! It's not like trump was a shining beacon of humanity before Bannon. trump was and still is a piece of shit.

Tovarisc

Why are people happy this shitstain is gone? The cancer that is trump is still in the White House! It's not like trump was a shining beacon of humanity before Bannon. trump was and still is a piece of shit.

When you can't do anything about cult leader you celebrate fall of cheerleaders. Even then Bannon just changes method of spreading his hate and views back to what it was before he joined Trump campaign.

Dryk

Because Trump and Bannon share a lot of followers, and they hate being slighted. Anything that gets them fighting amongst themselves is good because it weakens them.

Trump's face is cracking me up. Is that angry face supposed to look badass? Shouldn't a president look somewhat friendly and relatable instead?

Alot of things in this misbegotten administration is not obvious from one picture or one statement. Like, "is this act from a position of power, or desperation?'

But looking at these people here gives an air of "I'm Fucked" "Oh god, I can't afford a high-priced attorney" "My dream of this political vision is dead and so is my career" and on Donny Boy: "HOW DARE THEY! I'LL JUST PRAISE THE TRAIL OF TEARS, THAT'LL SHOW THEM TO TELL ME WHAT AND WHAT NOT TO DO!!!!"

Tovarisc

Because Trump and Bannon share a lot of followers, and they hate being slighted. Anything that gets them fighting amongst themselves is good because it weakens them.

Bannon has already made it clear that he has no intention of attacking Trump, but support him and do his best to help Trump succeed.

Bannon's war for Trump didn't work in the White House and it's certainly not going to work when he's no longer on the team. If anything, Bannon's #WAR will just continue to help sink Trump's approval rating.

Bannon going to war against the "(((globalists)))" in the White House might actually be helpful when it comes to sinking tax reform plans. As I understand it, the latter is pretty much the pet project of the Republican establishment and the pro-Wall Street camp in the government (i.e. Cohn, Kushner, Mnuchin, Ryan, McConnell etc.), while the far right economic nationalist camp is actually against giving even more tax breaks to corporations and the super-rich.

So, of course he remains a a colossal shitheel, but I'd be strangely fine with Bannon going to war against these guys in the coming weeks.

Ithil

Bannon has already made it clear that he has no intention of attacking Trump, but support him and do his best to help Trump succeed.

Except Bannon thinks he has to attack the establishment GOP, as well as his perceived "globalists" in the Trump WH, like Kushner, McMaster, Kelly, Cohn, etc, to help Trump.

It's not going to be simply attacking liberals or something.

Tovarisc

Except Bannon thinks he has to attack the establishment GOP, as well as his perceived "globalists" in the Trump WH, like Kushner, McMaster, Kelly, Cohn, etc, to help Trump.

It's not going to be simply attacking liberals or something.

It's because he truly believes in what Trump campaigned on and wants Trump to execute what he campaigned on. It may be and most likely is false believe from Bannon because at the end Trump does what he wants and gives him more money.

Ambient80

Fucking unbelievable. The president of the USA is actually writing this shit.

He makes dubya look like a statesman.

I mean, Bush was a huge fuckup, but at least he seemed to respect the fact that he was the US President, and that his words carried that kind of weight. Granted he made some grotesque decisions, but he knew the gravity of the situations he was in.

I think the OT needs to be updated. The top Breitbart story right now has Bannon saying he's going to war FOR Trump, not WITH.
I honestly believe this is a better outcome. Breitbart and the alt-right are going to be like a swarm of angry fire ants at the Republican party's (and more importantly Fox News) feet. Ironically they may end up being a necessary evil if Pence does get to move up to the white house.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Bannon didn't get to be featured in the Summer Camp 2017 photo. You can just feel the fun and comradery here.

DHjpChTXUAE2J7W.jpg:large

Now compare that to a group pic of the Obama administration:

ObamaAdmin.jpg

The juxtaposition should tell you all you need to know about these two administrations.

Dr.Acula

Banned

http://blogs.stlawu.edu/jbpcultureandmedia/files/2013/10/ObamaAdmin.jpg

The juxtaposition should tell you all you need to know about these two administrations.[/QUOTE]

Was Biden's suit choice there pre- or post- tan-suit-gate?

Ithil

It's because he truly believes in what Trump campaigned on and wants Trump to execute what he campaigned on. It may be and most likely is false believe from Bannon because at the end Trump does what he wants and gives him more money.

It's quite ridiculous given Bannon styles himself as a genius that he can't see Trump means absolutely nothing he says and has zero convictions whatsoever. All Trump cares about is his own personal ego.

It's why he's so easily led, and why he'll be so easily led by others who don't share Bannon's goals now that he's out of the WH.

Garlador

ObamaAdmin.jpg

The juxtaposition should tell you all you need to know about these two administrations.

This is what I long for American politics to look like. Diverse, optimistic, and liberated.

Where'd all the women go in Trump's administration?

Top Bottom