• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've been waiting for a MMOFPS with steampunk shooting like the Oder: 1886.....

everyer

Been bored of the future war things or world war 1&2 EA/Activision been working...

I've been waiting for a MMO FPS with steampunk world setting background like the Oder: 1886 but system comes from Destiny 1....

In the game we can shooting giant machine, vampire and werewolf....

Really love the world setting of the Order: 1886... And the guns are so well designed and unique:

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_4.gif

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_5.gif

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_6.gif

Galahad-HUGAH.gif

rcpunn.gif

Order10.gif

But.... we will never see the sequel right? What has Ready at Dawn Studios been doing?

I can't tell. Is "Oder" intentional? You did it twice and it does sound like "Odor"...

which I suppose is fitting since I hear the game stinks ;)

Com_Raven

I think that setting may be seen as "too niche" to warrant the massive financial investment of a shared world shooter, especially as most major publishers already have their entries in the genre (Destiny, Anthem etc.).

If you like the idea of a Steampunk-esque setting with horror in a shooter, you may want to keep an eye on HUNT Showdown from Crytek though.

They recently made the well received VR title Lone Echo.

I loved the potential shown in the game and a lot of it as well. Would love a sequel.

Plasma

Banned
They recently made the well received VR title Lone Echo.

I loved the potential shown in the game and a lot of it as well. Would love a sequel.

They announced that they're going to continue the story at the Oculus Connect event but they didn't say whether it would be an expansion or a new game though.

Adryuu

Using the The Order franchise for an mmo would be such a waste. EA would do it if they had it, for sure.

What the series needs is a full fledged sequel with actual variety in encounters and gameplay (maybe less qte, more exploration and some investigation), and environments and actual public who buys it. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd buy it.

It'd be a really cool aesthetic for a shared world shooter but unfortunately 1886 scared people away from it. Maybe if Gaslight Batman ever releases...

Been bored of the future war things or world war 1&2 EA/Activision been working...

I've been waiting for a MMO FPS with steampunk world setting background like the Oder: 1886 but system comes from Destiny 1....

In the game we can shooting giant machine, vampire and werewolf....

Really love the world setting of the Order: 1886... And the guns are so well designed and unique:

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_4.gif

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_5.gif

The-Order-1886-Story-Trailer-PS4_6.gif

Galahad-HUGAH.gif

rcpunn.gif

Order10.gif

But.... we will never see the sequel right? What has Ready at Dawn Studios been doing?

I loved the setting, the gunplay, the experience itself. However short all together it was very enjoyable. It was also set up perfectly for a sequel. I wouldn't at all mind a game like this, where the idea is your squad is fighting against supernatural horrors, or antediluvian enemies ala Secret world. You can have loot mixed in and explained by research into the occult, technology advancements through enemy equipment and or stolen enemy gear etc. Would be really RAD...

Sorry

Top Bottom