• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

RPGCrazied

Sometimes?

Well, I really haven't heard people telling others to kill themselves to cure loneliness. That is just sick.

I should just turn off chat all together in WoW. I've haven't seen another community this bad. I've never ever see this in FF XIV.

Strimei

Great...

How do prestine work exactly? Are they just random proc on the normal solves?

From what I know, yes, its a random proc.

Very random. Though I do think its more "weighted" now to happen with a bit better frequency.

I should know how annoying it is, though. I have the Seeker of Knowledge title. You know how you get that?

You get every Pandaren and Mogu pristine solve.

The very last one took me six months of dedicated grinding. Six. Months.

th3dude

Whats the gist of it? Like what does it do?

As far as I know it scans the AH for items being sold way below their current value and lets you buy them if you want.

Correct. I'm still learning myself. But it basically lets you see auctions get listed in real time based on a rule set you use (i.e. something selling for way less than normal). You can get these profiles from folks on different forums and import them.

Then, run the tool and you can make decisions based on it.

For example, I flipped a Legion BoE today for about 3k. Not an amazing story, but not a bad thing to have running while I work on something else.

There are of course stories of people nabbing things stupid cheap and making 100k+, but I'm not expecting that.

biaxident

Managed to actually do a 7/7 clear (normal) with a total pug with a buddy. 7 bosses + bonus rolls = blood relic worse than already equipped lol. I swear i've been sitting at 846 ilvl for a full 2 weeks now, since I'm shadow intellect is so low on the priority that I have to keep downgrading my gear to get those haste/crit pieces. In bags I have 854 but its kinda sucky i've been stuck for so long. Need some rng on my side lol.

Also quick question, keep seeing mixed things on which shadow trinkets are best. Is it plaguehive and twisted wind? I don't understand the twisted wind one at all. I'm rocking 850 devilsaur shock thing and an 850 intellect/haste stat stick.

Renekton

Crossroads question.

If I'm struggling to get into Mythic PuGs as rdruid healer, should I pivot to Guardian since tanks seem to be in demand?

Strimei

So I'm doing the quest to learn how to make the item that lets you learn the leatherworking moose mount.

Holy crap this takes a while. You lasso the moose and it runs and you follow. It leads you all over Stormheim. I really hope it doesn't take 30 minutes (as the debuff on it says). I broke the lasso so gotta start again.

zarnold56

So I'm doing the quest to learn how to make the item that lets you learn the leatherworking moose mount.

Holy crap this takes a while. You lasso the moose and it runs and you follow. It leads you all over Stormheim. I really hope it doesn't take 30 minutes (as the debuff on it says). I broke the lasso so gotta start again.

That quest was really annoying. Might be the worst in the whole game.

I honestly dislike the community in WoW quite a bit, to the point where I question why I play this game anymore. Almost every interaction with strangers is awful and pushes me away from group activities. The whole social experience in WoW is ass backwards, find a guild and then see if you get along with them. Find out that it's just trade chat you carry with you everywhere, leave the guild and repeat. Again and again.

I don't think people being awful online is unique to WoW though, I think it's just true of how callous and shitty people are when they have consequence-less interactions with one another online anonymously on any platform, from games to social media.

Crossroads question.

If I'm struggling to get into Mythic PuGs as rdruid healer, should I pivot to Guardian since tanks seem to be in demand?

My suggestion is, simply be a druid and play whichever spec is needed. Luckily you have to carry around less gear with you, now you just have to worry about AP. If you're a hybrid class, play whichever spec is needed at the given moment, and as a druid you can basically be anything.

Tarazet

Most of my playing is Mythic+ runs in guild groups as Enhancement. I swear, as soon as I switched from Hailstorm to Ancestral Swiftness, my damage in that content jumped by like a 20% margin, and on certain trash pulls it doubled. Just having enough Haste so that you always have enough Maelstrom to use Stormstrike makes such a difference. Those pulls where you can just go Boulderfist Crash SS SS SS repeat, so satisfying. I feel like it would be ridiculous at this point to go into a dungeon with Hailstorm spec'd.

Xeteh

Did Halls of Valor +7 earlier... man, the Skittish mod can kiss my ass. We weren't even close to the timer, that dungeon was a nightmare.

cdyhybrid

Shot in the dark - any 2-3 night raid guilds recruiting that raid on weekdays after 6pm (after 7 even better) Pacific? Horde or Alliance, would just take me a little longer to get raid-ready if it's Alliance :p

Juraash

Shot in the dark - any 2-3 night raid guilds recruiting that raid on weekdays after 6pm (after 7 even better) Pacific? Horde or Alliance, would just take me a little longer to get raid-ready if it's Alliance :p

I'm honestly kind of in a similar market. Was a long time player who took a bit of a break. Friends lured me back only to fall off the horse as I hit 110. World quests and what not have kept my Paladin decently geared, but I didn't sub again to play solo. Only interested in horde though, I can't go back after all these years.

Renekton

My suggestion is, simply be a druid and play whichever spec is needed. Luckily you have to carry around less gear with you, now you just have to worry about AP. If you're a hybrid class, play whichever spec is needed at the given moment, and as a druid you can basically be anything.
Thanks friend.

I did this in WoD but now in Legion AP is a huge roadblock.

Artifact Knowledge, invest on DPS in leveling, on 110 focus on your main spec.
Ya my main spec is Resto which I invested a ton of AP in. Healer is an oversupplied commodity in Mythic PuGs so I'm considering switching to Guardian.

9-12PST M/W/Thu. US Horde.

We're looking for Shadow(main)/Holy Priest, DPS (Arms) Warrior, and Resto/Enhance Shaman. Fairly stringent on new applicants though.

vocab

Guilds about to go in the shitter, no surprise for how bad it is. Hard to find a new mythic raiding guild. Got some offers from 2/7'M, and some 4/7/ 7/7H's, but most of them don't really look appealing. Even have logs.

Tenebrous

Guilds about to go in the shitter, no surprise for how bad it is. Hard to find a new mythic raiding guild. Got some offers from 2/7'M, and some 4/7/ 7/7H's, but most of them don't really look appealing. Even have logs.

EU/US? Class/faction?

mclem

Well, we are by no means a cutting-edge guild, and Emerald Nightmare does seem a wee bit easier than some raids have been at the past, but I'm delighted that last night we did something we've not done before: Completed a raid on Normal before it's fully-unlocked in LFR.

For us, that's a huge deal, and I'm overjoyed.

Then getting Heroic Nyth as well to cap the night was great!

Tenebrous

This loot system is fucking garbage sometimes.

Doing a +9 with guildies, and the rogue gets a Haste/Versa 875 neck. Even without the socket, it's an upgrade for me, and a downgrade for him. He's willing to trade it, but can't because he doesn't have one of that item level...

Then we do Arcway+8. I get an 860 Chrono Shard on my Prot Warr which I can't trade, despite having 5 trinkets at 865 or above?

Bullshit.

v1perz53

This loot system is fucking garbage sometimes.

Doing a +9 with guildies, and the rogue gets a Haste/Versa 875 neck. Even without the socket, it's an upgrade for me, and a downgrade for him. He's willing to trade it, but can't because he doesn't have one of that item level...

Then we do Arcway+8. I get an 860 Chrono Shard on my Prot Warr which I can't trade, despite having 5 trinkets at 865 or above?

Bullshit.

Yea, I like the system in general because it prevents things like the group leader threatening to kick you mid mythic if you don't trade him that relic that is an upgrade for you, but sometimes the system just doesn't work so well. I have the legendary belt on my druid, and I got an 860 belt perfectly itemized for my DH friend, but I couldn't trade it because apparently the system doesn't consider legendaries? Rings and trinkets have been weird sometimes too.

I'm honestly kind of in a similar market. Was a long time player who took a bit of a break. Friends lured me back only to fall off the horse as I hit 110. World quests and what not have kept my Paladin decently geared, but I didn't sub again to play solo. Only interested in horde though, I can't go back after all these years.

My guild on Emerald Dream Horde is desperately needing ranged DPS. We're small and casual. Currently on Cenarious normal, so don't expect hardcore progression raiding. But its a super chill group. Everyone is super nice and fun to raid with.

Times are Thursday night, 7-9pm US CST, then Saturday 6-9pm. Though Saturday's time may be moving to 2-5 in the afternoon.

Let me know if anyone's interested!

LogicStep

What are you all doing, those that have less free time, with off specs? I've pretty much made up my mind to just focus on my main spec in regards to my artifact weapon. I feel like I don't have enough time to dump artifact power on more than one weapon. But then it feels like I'm missing out on some utility that comes with having an off spec.

I'm also not messing around with alts this time around.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Love logging on to die instantly in town because Blizzard broke cross realm and still does not implement guards in places like Lorlathil.

Repo Man

What are you all doing, those that have less free time, with off specs? I've pretty much made up my mind to just focus on my main spec in regards to my artifact weapon. I feel like I don't have enough time to dump artifact power on more than one weapon. But then it feels like I'm missing out on some utility that comes with having an off spec.

You can quite comfortably put artifact power to offspec weapons untill your weapons reach level 13 or so since after that the AP requirements for further levels go up quite dramatically. On my pally I've done it for holy and ret as I main prot and I can't say I feel as if I've gimped my main specs progression.

shamanick

What ilvl are people looking for for normal mythics? I tried to get into groups all weekend and was declined, 839 fire Mage. I've pretty much stopped gaining levels from world quests and heroics so I'm not really sure how to progress from here.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What ilvl are people looking for for normal mythics? I tried to get into groups all weekend and was declined, 839 fire Mage. I've pretty much stopped gaining levels from world quests and heroics so I'm not really sure how to progress from here.

839 is well over what you need. 830 is the minimum I'd say.

The reason you are getting declined most likely is that:
1) being a DPS is hard because there's more DPS than Tanks/Healers.
2) You're probably applying to a group the same time as someone who has a higher ilvl, so more than likely they're taking them over you. :(

Westlo

Artifact Knowledge should make this less of a roadblock going forward. Although I get the reticence. Early on you kinda feel hemmed into to one artifact.

Early on? I got all my pal artifacts to level 13 easy as... it's after that point that you kinda have to decide what to focus on... 17 in Ashbringer and 14 in Silverhand and Truthguard atm..... really want to get Ashbringer to 19 and Truthguard to 16.. not really fussed with Silver Hand atm...

Sölf

Since normal Mythics only drop 840 gear, you are already overgeared. People are just idiots, 825+ is more than enough.

Juraash

My guild on Emerald Dream Horde is desperately needing ranged DPS. We're small and casual. Currently on Cenarious normal, so don't expect hardcore progression raiding. But its a super chill group. Everyone is super nice and fun to raid with.

Times are Thursday night, 7-9pm US CST, then Saturday 6-9pm. Though Saturday's time may be moving to 2-5 in the afternoon.

Let me know if anyone's interested!

My ranged character isn't close to raid ready yet...or even 110 lol. But the bigger issue is I dont think I can hit a 7 central start time with my current commute. Which is a bummer since the group sounds like my cup of tea. I've raided insanely hardcore and I'm so not looking for that again.

Mupod

I need my tank spec for mythic+ and filling in for when our raid MTs are out for the week. I need my DPS spec for raids and when we carry keystones for guildies who can tank competently (or when I'm bored). I just made sure I got the absolute essential abilities and then started leveling them equally. Unholy makes this easy as you can get its essential gold traits quickly, and Blood the gold traits are kind of crap so whatever. Relics were a bigger problem but I prioritized those for my DPS spec as it would be a bigger difference.

Thanks to Artifact Knowledge ramping up and the change to mythic+ chests I've been getting decent amounts of AP from level 6-8 keystones. We try to push our keystones as high as we can, which means we aren't going to be looking at double/triple chests very often anyways.

I don't have time for world quests outside of the bare minimum, and I prioritize the Wardens ones that I can just run up and hit a few times to clear. My order hall guys can 200% most missions so that's a good side source of AP. Basically since I'm time limited I just try to do what gets me the most amount of AP for the least amount of time.

ampere

Well, we are by no means a cutting-edge guild, and Emerald Nightmare does seem a wee bit easier than some raids have been at the past, but I'm delighted that last night we did something we've not done before: Completed a raid on Normal before it's fully-unlocked in LFR.

For us, that's a huge deal, and I'm overjoyed.

Then getting Heroic Nyth as well to cap the night was great!

Grats!

Milennia

First time doing +15 since beta, felt easier and it was the same dungeon which is a good sign.

Pretty sure my gear is slightly better on live than it was on beta as well, outside of the 880 obelisk which I miss dearly.

Vesmir

Banned
For those looking, the guild I'm in (Minus Fifteen - Senjin) is Horde based and is clearing Normal on Tues nights and Heroic progression Thurs nights. We raid 7-10pm pst. Our guild is pretty chill, a number of us have known each other for years. I think the website is minusfifteen.enjin.com

LogicStep

You can quite comfortably put artifact power to offspec weapons untill your weapons reach level 13 or so since after that the AP requirements for further levels go up quite dramatically. On my pally I've done it for holy and ret as I main prot and I can't say I feel as if I've gimped my main specs progression.
I suppose since it's not much AP needed to get to 13 but that's still AP that could have gone to the main weapon.

As a Shaman I dunno if I want to bother anyways since I don't really want to heal and elemental seems to be crap.

crpav

Which world boss is up in the US this week?

Just logged in and looks like the same boss as last week. Really? They need to change how world bosses work. Instead of alliance and horde being able to "reset" it by tagging it and resetting it they should allow any and all to fight it since we are supposed to be "working together" against the Legion. Also quit making the requirements to get credit be you have to be near the boss when it dies. Last time I didn't get credit because I died and was running back to boss when it was downed.

StMeph

Same world boss? WTF? I expected it to be on a cycle given that there are 11, but if it's random then it's going to be a long time before actually seeing all of them.

phierce

Tues/Wed/Fri 7-10pm pacific. Horde.

What class/spec/ilvl?

Robin64

"We know people really hated the Withered J'im fight, but give it another try, please, you might like it this time!"

Top Bottom