• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

antonz said:
Doesnt Nintendo have some legal lock on Goldeneye. Activision had to work with Nintendo just to make the new game as far as I know. Nintendo has the rights to make games based on "Goldeneye"

I really dont see how this can NOT be the case. This is Activision. They put their games on every possible platform, and putting popular shooters on PS3/360 seems like a no brainer. Theres gotta be a reason they didnt bring the game to PS3/360 to begin with.

wwm0nkey

Anyone else remember when Golden Eye was going to hit the 360...then Nintendo said no...then Nintendo was ok with it...the Activision ruined every thing :(

antonz

Rush2thestart said:
I really dont see how this can NOT be the case. This is Activision. They put their games on every possible platform, and putting popular shooters on PS3/360 seems like a no brainer. Theres gotta be a reason they didnt bring the game to PS3/360 to begin with.

Yeah as far as I can recall Nintendo holds the rights to make a game based on Goldeneye. Thats why nothing ever becomes of the boy goldeneye would be awesome here or there. Its why Activision okd blood stone because they couldnt bring it to the others

MisterHero

This is really speculative but that 007 logo [in the Move titles pic] looks to be the same style used in the Goldeneye 007 Wii logo

but yeah I'd be surprised if it was getting ported to the other systems

xandaca

Nintendo had a fair bit of input during the new GE's development. While it's possible that doesn't mean anything, I doubt they'd have been so involved if there was the slightest chance of the game defecting.

Rush2thestart said:
Nintendo helped them design it, and publish it in Japan. Plus they provided ample advertising.

Nintendo wouldn't have done that without making sure the entire game, no exceptions, was Nintendo exclusive.

They wouldn't repeat Capcom's little loophole game they played last generation.

Seriously, if it meant I could only play one game for the rest of my life, I would to let them release Goldeneye XBLA and that be the game I play!

antonz

Yeah talked to a buddy who confirmed more or less what I thought.

Nintendo owns the rights to Goldeneye.
Activision of course has the rights to make James Bond Games.

In order to make Goldeneye they had to play nice. No way I see Nintendo releasing hold on Goldeneye unless Activision found some way to loophole Nintendo

wwm0nkey said:
Anyone else remember when Golden Eye was going to hit the 360...then Nintendo said no...then Nintendo was ok with it...the Activision ruined every thing :(

That never happened.

And Goldeneye Wii was great. Here's hoping Activision ruin everything again.

Truth101

Banned
I'm about 90% sure Nintendo is the one who calls the shots about James Bond games with Golden Eye in the title. I feel I can safely say it won't be coming to a non-Nintendo console.

wwm0nkey said:
I thought nintendo eventually agreed to the XBLA version?

Nintendo has never and will probably never let anyone else get their hands on the Golden Eye name.

wwm0nkey said:
I thought nintendo eventually agreed to the XBLA version?

There are people more familiar with the specifics of this story than I am, but as far as I know Nintendo went cold on the idea of a mutual release as soon as it was put forth that Nintendo would get to release the original on VC, but XBLA would get to have Rare produce the upgraded version.

demonturkey said:
There are people more familiar with the specifics of this story than I am, but as far as I know Nintendo went cold on the idea of a mutual release as soon as it was put forth that Nintendo would get to release the original on VC, but XBLA would get to have Rare produce the upgraded version.
This is my understanding as well...

M3d10n

Anasui Kishibe said:
I guess it can be a deterrent for some gamers. i found MPH to be quite good, control-wise
I find touch FPS works better on the 3DS than on a Lite: the slide pad is very responsive and requires less thumb force than a Lite d-pad. And since it's placed higher, the left hand has a better grip on the system.

Now, if you're a leftie... well... it looks like a pen, but you're not writing with it and... err... lefties are said to have an easier time learning ambidexterity.

BTW, Nintendo is publishing Goldeneye Wii in Japan, so there's another hint towards their involvement in the project. Is there precedent for Nintendo-published IPs to show up in other platforms?

Cipherr

demonturkey said:

Sucks for gamers but Nintendo made the right choice there. No way in hell I would have bought the rom dump if I had a chance to get that one they were remaking for XBLA.

No way in hell...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope it comes to the Wii U. It was a fantastic SP game on the Wii, really really good controls and gameplay, with excellent presentation. It would be a fantastic launch title if they could flesh out the online mode.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
i'm betting GE 3DS and a Wii U port/update.. this time time round sort the online leveling please also voice chat and online co-op missions...also if possible online like bfbc 2, but bond style vechiles/gadgets please will triple dip then.

oh wait GE move...i bet that's it. (if nintendo don't have a stake in the GE 007 developement cycle that is)

Shiggy

So much misinformation in here.

Nintendo does not hold any rights to the "GoldenEye" licence on consoles, every licence holder at its time is free to release a videogame called GoldenEye on a platform he wishes to. The best example is GoldenEye Rogue Agent which was released on all consoles.

About the original:
Rare started working on GoldenEye XBLA before anybody knew if it was legally possible to release the game; they completed it; Activision, the current holders of the James Bond licence, greenlighted it; and then Nintendo, who share the rights of the original game with Microsoft, refused to give their approval for a joint launch on Wii and Xbox 360.

This is a version of the story that even the third party involved backs up. “It’s not up to us, we want to see that game out there,” another source from Activision told us, “you’ve seen it, it looks amazing and we would love to play it. It was Nintendo’s fault.” In fact, the people at Activision should be the first in line fighting for GoldenEye. “You know, they have nothing to lose. It’s only good for them to get it released,” our Microsoft contact said, “they would make a lot of money they are not making the way things are right now.”

That's also why we haven't seen GoldenEye on either XBLA or VC. If Nintendo held the rights to GoldenEye, don't you think they would've already released it on VC?

Nintendo's input on GoldenEye Wii is neglectible. You may compare it to their input on Red Steel 2.

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
So much misinformation in here.

Nintendo does not hold any rights to the "GoldenEye" licence on consoles, every licence holder at its time is free to release a videogame called GoldenEye on a platform he wishes to. The best example is GoldenEye Rogue Agent which was released on all consoles.

About the original:

That's also why we haven't seen GoldenEye on either XBLA or VC. If Nintendo held the rights to GoldenEye, don't you think they would've already released it on VC?

Nintendo's input on GoldenEye Wii is neglectible. You may compare it to their input on Red Steel 2.
They finally managed to get it cancelled after all those years.

Shiggy said:

From the credits:

James+Bond+GoldenEye+007+Nintendo%2527s+Credit+Thanks.jpg

The game also recreates level design elements and scenarios lifted from the N64 game as opposed to lifted from the film... not overly accurately sure, but it might be an issue.

I don't think Nintendo have any rights to the scenario or copyright claims to GoldenEye or anything -- I just think the games existence might be entirely a result of Activision moneyhatting and partnership, and if so I think that diminishes the chances of a non-Nintendo port.

Perfectly concievable that it was always just a timed exclusive though. We'll see.
My money is on 3DS / Wii-U game.

Shiggy

Speedymanic said:

That's what I said, well, I also copied it from Mundorare:
Yes: http://mundorare.com/news/2008/10/one-last-martini-to-goldeneye/

It's just pretty bad when the game is called Goldeneye and when that certain movie is also called Goldeneye. What I meant is that Nintendo doesn't hold any right to the name "GoldenEye", thus every Bond licence owner can release a "GoldenEye" game. What Mundorare means is that the N64 GoldenEye, the game code, is shared between Microsoft and Nintendo.

@radioheadrule83
That just show that they value their support, but Nintendo didn't really have creative or lead input.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Cipherr said:
Sucks for gamers but Nintendo made the right choice there. No way in hell I would have bought the rom dump if I had a chance to get that one they were remaking for XBLA.

No way in hell...

turtles in time snes
turtles in time reshelled

i urge you to rethink your stance on the value of "rom dumps"

Canti

Eurocom (the developer) is currently hiring programmers for a "AAA 360/PS3 fps". Unless this port/upgrade has been outsourced, it's Goldeneye on PS3/360 as others have said. I'd expect a disc release too before anyone has hopes of a download budget release.

Their current recruitment is for their "new big-name flagship AAA FPS project" - it doesn't specify a platform, and a GoldenEye port wouldn't be new.
You are right. I swear it said otherwise earlier in the month but concede defeat :lol

Canti said:
Eurocom (the developer) is currently hiring programmers for a "AAA 360/PS3 fps". Unless this port/upgrade has been outsourced, it's Goldeneye on PS3/360 as others have said. I'd expect a disc release too before anyone has hopes of a download budget release.

Their current recruitment is for their "new big-name flagship AAA FPS project" - it doesn't specify a platform, and a GoldenEye port wouldn't be new.

I knew as soon as I bought the Wii version, (last Thursday) they'd announce a new one.

I'm not too upset, it's a great game. Eurocom have some crazy Wii skills.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
balladofwindfishes said:
Nintendo helped them design it, and publish it in Japan. Plus they provided ample advertising.

Nintendo wouldn't have done that without making sure the entire game, no exceptions, was Nintendo exclusive.

Nintendo is about to publish Just Dance 2 in Japan. Just Dance 3 is multiplat.

Nintendo published Samurai Warriors 3 in the US. Samurai Warriors 3 is multiplat.

poserdonut said:
It's a version for 360/PS3 if things haven't changed.

Is this kind of hit and run insinuation allowed? If you're "in the know" can you at least say so, or if you're referencing some earlier rumour, maybe link to it?

The producer of GE2011 did say that the Wii was the only place people would be playing it in 2010... but when asked about other platforms he simply said "things happen with big publishers don't they" and reiterated that the game was designed for the Wii - so he hoped people didn't wait around for another platform version and would buy it for the platform it was designed for..

I am starting to think it could be a HD port though. It would probably sell well enough to make it worthwhile for Activision... a 3DS title would also do really well imo. What are Raven working on though? The new Bond 23 game?

radioheadrule83 said:
Is this kind of hit and run insinuation allowed? If you're "in the know" can you at least say so, or if you're referencing some earlier rumour, maybe link to it?

It's something I heard in person but it was some months ago and I don't know if it's still valid. Can't back it up with sources or anything so do what you want with it.

And regarding hit and run, I can't disclose where I got it from but I just thought I'd share what I heard.

Afrikan

ULTROS! said:
Can't be a movie...

OO7onE32011.jpg

I believe this is a screenshot of the games that support Move.

That's some bullshit! :mad: Why the fuck would they invest in Start the Party 2 before Sports Champions 2?

Busty

Banned
Personally I'm not that interested in a 'AAA', full priced, HD version of Wii Goldeneye for the PS360.

However if they released a 'faithful' HD version of the four player online multiplayer complete with all the maps and modes (or as close as possible) from the original game for PSN/XBLA I'd be ALL over that.

Ezahn

Yeah, a cheapo digital distributed HD version would be great (or even - hell, let a guy dream - a PC version ^^).

HD port of the N64 version?

As with our breakout post about Metal Gear Solid churning out an HD collection, we were given a tip from an industry insider today that claims the upcoming Activision GoldenEye game--currently dubbed "Reloaded"--will in fact be an HD upgrade to the original N64 hit. The game is said to include 1080p visuals with the option for the original N64 resolution, and online multiplayer.

The game will also be a downloadable title for the Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network and is currently said to cost $19.99.

This certainly strays away from the common conception that the game was going to be an HD upgrade to last year's Wii title. However, while the insider who tipped us is certainly credible, we still have to see what announcement Activision will make in the future.

http://videogamingeverything.blogspot.com/2011/06/goldeneye-reloaded-is-goldeneye-64-hd.html

Not sure how reliable the site is so take with the relevant amount of salt.

Top Bottom