• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Owzers

Not a single mention of...

We should have never read comics, any of us, if we were going to make threads and not talk about Trump. What's the point?

Ross61

Mark Russell saying he's gotten more hate for fucking with The Flintstones than the bible is some funny and sad shit.

Ross61

Really? Because the Flintstones has been fantastic. Maybe it hits a little too close to home for some.

I think it's because its such a radical departure from The Flintstones they love that they aren't willing to accept it. It's also coming from people who most likely don't read comics and scoffed at the Hanna-Barbera books.

Edit: added Trinity to the trade-waiting list. It's not bad, just not something I'm excited about right now.

I think it's because its such a radical departure from The Flintstones they love that they aren't willing to accept it. It's also coming from people who most likely don't read comics and scoffed at the Hanna-Barbera books.

Purists, you mean. I'm sure these revamps are selling better than vanilla comics of these franchises would.

I find it funny when people get angry at others messing with an established or "classic" series or whatever. Especially when, like the Flintstones, the original series wasn't even good.

Like, you wanna make a grimdark Flintstones go right ahead because you're not "ruining" anything

Whoever CBR has reviewing now said the series is garbage that doesn't deserve to exist a while back.

That site is trash now.

Dude, CBR has been awful ever since they moved to that layout. Are there any decent comic news sites left?

YASSSS QUEEN!!!!

This was my exact reaction when Charlotte beat Sasha Banks last night.

Messi doing a great job on the OT. Need to work on the Title a little more but I think he can get there. 8.8/10

I only make all the images. :(

Sandfox

Dude, CBR has been awful ever since they moved to that layout. Are there any decent comic news sites left?

This was my exact reaction when Charlotte beat Sasha Banks last night.

I only make all the images. :(
Most forms of comic-related media suck right now for various reasons.

Messi and I are consulting the Dark Lord of the Dance to see if we can make Frank Cho mentions bannable. It leads to nothing but trouble.

Milo Manara on the other hand is a wholesome and family-friendly artist.

I'd almost say yes, because he's contentious, but every now and then he does good comics.

I still read X-Axis reviews over at House to Astonish.

Slayven

I remember this one comic journalist that was pretty popular, he use to interview writers, and he would always try to work in a question about how Superman was more powerful than any other superhero.

I remember when Gail Simone said Wonder Woman would shove Ironman into a glove box, the messageboards were hot .

TRIGGER WARNING: LOTS OF ART (MINE)

Now that October is coming to an end, here are some of the comic related inktober pieces I did. You can find non comic related inktober pieces in the inktober thread. I'd apologize for posting so many images in one go but uhh I don't really want to

Akira - recreated one of my favorite panels
o6eNsAJ.jpg

Wonder Woman (my favorite one probably)

Black Widow

Black Panther

Death

Jessica Jones

Batman

Goog - this is a character one of my friends created. You can find her work at googtown.tumblr.com ; her comic is balderdashcomic.com

Psychobevo - Psychobevo was a comic strip that ran in the Daily Texan at the University of Texas at Austin. It was bizarre and I loved it. Heres an example You can check out the comic at the Facebook page for it

Ramzey from Rage Against the Jackal, which you can check out at here or on comixology

Spider-Man

Tim's Favorite: Apollo and MIdnighter

Dragonslayer - this is from a comic a friend of mine made, you can find it and his other work at this site

Love Run Riot is a comic illustrated by a friend of mine, you can find it on Stela.

A grimacing cable

A Silver Surfer with a very flexible right ankle

Daredevil

Luke Cage

Just watched some Black Mirror S3. My roommate and I were saving it for Halloween. Watched the first three eps. We've now had to take a break after "Shut Up and Dance". That fucking wrecked me.
Now for something different.
Did I just read fan fiction about Harley and Batman grocery shopping? Did not expect that.
Reminder that this is the best Halloween comic...in that it just happens to be in Halloween

portrait_incredible.jpg
I forgot that it took place on Halloween. Damn good book.

Comics is actually pretty damn good for me right now. I follow like fucking 50 independent series and all are of a good to amazing quality.

Now that October is coming to an end, here are some of the comic related inktober pieces I did. You can find non comic related inktober pieces in the inktober thread. I'd apologize for posting so many images in one go but uhh I don't really want to

Lovely selection, Ed. Was there a specific artist you were channeling with that Black Widow? The face looks really familiar.

Welp, got to The Walking Negan.

Eh. Hyper-sanity villains don't hit me like they used to. Road to the character was more enjoyable than the character itself.
Must say tho, this comic did wonders for kirkman's talent. After he realized that external sources of conflict would be more enjoyable than internal, the quality managed to consistently climb, and the way the world was progressively expanded was an absolute joy to read.

Carl sure could stop being so one-dimensional tho. Him realizing he was up shit creek was a nice change.
Akira - recreated one of my favorite panels

Man... you made me want to re-read akira. God damn that panel was so great. When Tetsuo realizes just how badly he fucked up. Your style suits the scene expertly.

I remember when Gail Simone said Wonder Woman would shove Ironman into a glove box, the messageboards were hot .

I take it that was pre-gamora smash?

Owzers

Which movie is better and I should rent it:

Xmen apocalypse
New Star Trek.

I haven't liked either of the previous trek movies and xmen ones are iffy.

Top Bottom