• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

chogidogs

Is it worth hooking up my PS3 for Yakuza 4 and 5? Or will videos satisfy me til 6 arrives.

Also, I just finished Kiwami and woof,
they really did spring cleaning on the characters there, huh?

Snagret

It's a rad game. With continual support it can really be something great, as it stands I enjoy it a lot for the new level based structure but with multiple campaign modes it could be something I come back to regularly.
Yup. When it comes to actually playing the game CSD2 is just as sublime as the first game, it's just the surrounding progression that could use a little work. I really miss the campaign mode from the first game, even if I still really like the restaurant challenges. I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Well I know I can kill them but their range is insane! I just did a mission where two of them attacked at the same time and nearly killed 1 of my squad. I was hoping one of the research branches would give me immunity because it seems like if any more than 2 attacked at once I would wipe.
No immunity, but you can make your soldiers harder to control by raising their will. Some equipment will do this (Psi Armor, Mind Shield), and you can get temporary boosts from one of the Psi abilities and combat stims. There's an upgrade in the officer training school that gives your soldiers additional will when they rank up as well.

Also, thanks for the tip about flashbangs, I'll keep it in mind.
Flashbangs aren't in the base version I'm afraid. Your only option is to kill the sectiod, though a Disabling Shot on the mind controlled squad member from a sniper can buy you an extra round. Suppression from your a heavy or support can at least pin them down and mitigate the damage as well.

Else, again guys, thanks for the suggestions on stuff to watch earlier in the week. The A10 Quick Look, about a mean old fucker that's served way past its expected life span, seemed rather appropriate.

Jintor

normal-ass sectoids can't mind control in xcom:eu/ew, so you must be fighting commanders.

try not to kite more than one at a time

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuuuuuuuuuck it. I bought Steamworld Dig 2 and Pokken this week already and I just purchased ECHO and Cook Serve Delicious 2 because I've got money now and I can do things like this

Xcorps also got me to play enemy unknown which I got from ps+ a few years ago and I've done a normal ironman run and a save scum classic run. What an awesome game. I have to check out more turn based strategy games. I always overlooked that genre.

Currently I'm torturing myself with a classic ironman run. On my 4th attempt.

Xcorps also got me to play enemy unknown which I got from ps+ a few years ago and I've done a normal ironman run and a save scum classic run. What an awesome game. I have to check out more turn based strategy games. I always overlooked that genre.

Currently I'm torturing myself with a classic ironman run. On my 4th attempt.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is also on PSVita as XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus. Apparently it's not that bad. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...plus/cid=UP1001-PCSE00656_00-XCOMENEMYUNKPLUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWwZ0z-ilw

Damn. I was hoping to get the Night in the Woods platinum now that it's obtainable - I enjoy simply around the world enough that I didn't mind doing a couple quick extra playthroughs (one full, two partial) - but it looks like my halfway pre-patch original playthrough wound up with some journal entries that didn't properly register, so I'm missing the longest and hardest to track trophy. Crap.

Edit: ...Huh. Well, actually,

DKcmYPoWAAAf2du.jpg:small

I opened the game up again, walked through a couple screens, and the final trophies just kind of decided to pop! The platinum's rarity is at 0.1%, which has to make it the rarest trophy I have. It's only that way since it was glitched and unobtainable until recently, but still, I feel good about NITW being my rarest trophy lol. Great game.

Refunded MvC:I and got CSD2 and Echo instead.

I like going thru the chef-for-hire mode more than I'd like managing my own restaurant, I think.

Echo has some nice VA so far. Real slow beginning, tho. Also, parts of it look really nice and others not so much, but I suppose that's to be expected given the size of the team (not that I know) and the budget.

imBask

Banned
finished Route B :
The reveal near the end was good, and I liked using the hacking mechanics to power through it, but that route could've been 50% shorter.
Not a fan of replaying through what i've played already

excited for Route C

KingKong

finished Route B :
The reveal near the end was good, and I liked using the hacking mechanics to power through it, but that route could've been 50% shorter.
Not a fan of replaying through what i've played already

excited for Route C

route c is a good one

Nier Automata is so good, even with all the games that have come out since this year it's still my favorite

Salarians

Mario Odyssey spoilers (???): this is the cutest thing

Damn. I was hoping to get the Night in the Woods platinum now that it's obtainable - I enjoy simply around the world enough that I didn't mind doing a couple quick extra playthroughs (one full, two partial) - but it looks like my halfway pre-patch original playthrough wound up with some journal entries that didn't properly register, so I'm missing the longest and hardest to track trophy. Crap.

Edit: ...Huh. Well, actually,

I opened the game up again, walked through a couple screens, and the final trophies just kind of decided to pop! The platinum's rarity is at 0.1%, which has to make it the rarest trophy I have. It's only that way since it was glitched and unobtainable until recently, but still, I feel good about NITW being my rarest trophy lol. Great game.
against my better judgement, I am tempted to go for the NITW platinum

swimbuff

I wonder what the development process for CSD2 is like. Does chubs have to go out and eat tons of food, for research? Seems like fun.

After watching that I can assume Dan will at least mention RE7 at GOTY. I have a feeling it won't get far with him pretty much being the only one who played it though.

RE7 is totally ending up in that Wolfenstein/Dying Light spot where it was released too early in the year to really be at the forefront of any GotY discussion

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also isn't Dan the only one who finished it?

It's a pity that he didn't put as many hours into RE7 as he did to PUBG or Destiny 2.

tesqui

RE7 is totally ending up in that Wolfenstein/Dying Light spot where it was released too early in the year to really be at the forefront of any GotY discussion

Yeah, sucks that there really is no way of preventing that. Unless all game companies agree to only release there games in 3rd quarter!

Top Bottom