• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed Unity picture released and art leaked

Herne

Can't wait for this. I knew it was right for them to delay doing the French Revolution until textures for places like Versailles could do it all justice.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know it's easy to get really cynical about this franchise, but I don't care. I absolutely love these games and their ridiculousness.

K' Dash

Give me that French Revolution :drool:

uglysoft is a pretty funny name but these guys make some good looking games so..uhhhhh

Firenze, Venice, Rome, Istambul, Even Boston and the open fields and woods look VERY good in AC3, these guys put love making these games.

Jhoan

I told y'all yo blue shells don't scare me. Not even in space.

And with that, I leave on a high note.

Edit

Awww sheeit just got the airship kart
There's an Assassin's Creed Kart game?! That's news to me! Airships and blue shells too? MEGATON.

Gaz_RB

Honestly, all the game needs is a crouch.

Think it would alleviate pretty much any issue with any of the stealth missions

let us fucking crouch on command!

No. if you want to crouch, you must hide in a bush first like a good assassin

Raven77

Three only thing that makes me call this a bullshot or cg is that take cloth...soooo smooooth on that corner. The folds...my God man look at the folds!!!

Gaz_RB

Uninteresting. Just like Aiden. Just like Damien. I think I am going to start calling Ubisoft Uglysoft.

My god.

lol whenever the word "Ubisoft" is uttered, posts like these seem to emerge like a gag reflex out of some people.

Why don't you wait until we actually know more about the game?

Squire

Banned
So wait, this isn't AC5? They had two back-to-back numbered sequels and that's just over now?

I guess.

It could be a case of a brotherhood/revelation situation as well considering the french revolution occured soon after the american one.

It's probably because they're doing two games this year and the player base is split. AC "5" will probably happen when the franchise is current gen only or their returns on PS360 games are so little that it doesn't matter if that audience gets their feelings hurt.

For all intents and purposes, it sounds like Unity is "5" even moreso than AC4 was 4.

It's a Ubisoft game. We already know how it plays.

Oh, I meant that we don't know of this protagonist's personality from any gameplay or a trailer, in relation to this post:

Uninteresting. Just like Aiden. Just like Damien. I think I am going to start calling Ubisoft Uglysoft.

My god.

How he mention Aiden and the other guy I assumed he meant about the new assassin's character is uninteresting, even though we know nothing of him yet.

Ridley327

Is that a rapier?

It sure is. I imagine that this is going to be one of their big additions to the combat, since just about every weapon until now has been some kind of slashing or blunt, swung object. Since fencing is so big on counterattacks, they might revamp that, too.

LastNac

It sure is. I imagine that this is going to be one of their big additions to the combat, since just about every weapon until now has been some kind of slashing or blunt, swung object. Since fencing is so big on counterattacks, they might revamp that, too.
I dont know how it's going to be executed in terms of gameplay but at the very least I predict some great animations.

20cent

Banned
It's a Ubisoft game. We already know how it plays.

Yup, they don't have the creativity to innovate in gameplay like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Bungie, etc... every single game from these companies is a massive breakthrough of the previous game.

MattyG

Banned
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
image.php

Arttemis

As much as I'd love for them to, and they need to, I highly doubt there'll be anything creative or refreshing in the gameplay department.

As hyped as I am for this game(this is one of my favorite series of all time), I REALLY hope they listened to the feedback you could leave after missions in AC4. I made sure to give all tailing and eavesdrop missions the lowest rating possible

Squire

Banned
10 studios developing Unity? WAY too many cooks in the kitchen - didn't they learn anything from Assassin's Creed III?

10 studios doing development =/= 10 studios doing design. This game has a director, leads, and a home studio for a reason. 90% of the people working on this are just taking orders and that's how Ubi does it. That might not be too great, itself, but "too many cooks in the kitchen" is not an issue Ubisoft typically has.

Ironically, given the growing criticism of their homogenized game design, most people would say they need a few more cooks.

Top Bottom