• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

Why would you ruin your game experience like tha-EAT MY DUST
Thats some quality armor.
Thanks. Take a look.
Thanks. Take a look.
And I thought I was finally free.

uf1vqabw4seh.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fuuuuck I need a few more cash for Chuka damn it! I'm almost close! Just need Maguuma Mastery and Mystic Tribute!

th3dude

Finally beat the HoT final mission last night. Found a nice PUG that was running it.

Now I get an Ascended Berserker Greatsword! (I think from what I've read). Woot!

Massicot

You heard Grast.
You heard Grast.
You heard Grast.
You heard Grast.
You heard Grast. Hold the Line! Send the intruders to Grenth!

Since expansions is dropping soon I'm shamelessly quoting my favorite of my own suggestions for OT name.

I really liked this one when you first suggested it, will probably go with it unless someone really comes up with something clever in the next day.

Jira

Agreed. Why are the textures to my eyes appear to be such a low resolution? They look like they were optimized for 720p. 2010 was 7 years ago, Anet.

These images are a whopping 1200x675 hence why it looks like ass. Also, I don't think they took these screens on max settings. This seems to happen more often than you'd think with devs releasing screenshots for their games. It's incredibly baffling.

Any of you guys using the gamepad? Just tried it for the first time with the latest update Hawkian provided and it starts in pointer mode and I can't figure out how to turn it off. I think it used to be the back button but now that brings up the option to log off the game or switch characters. I guess there wasn't a binding list with the latest update or maybe I missed it. I don't remember the link to double check if I just missed the list.

Ashodin

Firebrand got massive buffs, hell yes

Eager to see Tome of Resolve numbers now

I like the idea of being a healer in a pinch

Stalk

So I hit 80 on my first character and I'm currently going around scooping up hero points, I'm a Mesmer. A lot of guides tell me to aim for certain armour but is that still relevant with the expansion out soon. Furthermore is there like, gap armour, I should get (seeing as I'm mostly in 60/70 pieces).

A lot of the newbie guides on Reddit etc just seem to say "aim for x!" But don't contain much context on how. (forgive me for the "80 now what do" post)

So I hit 80 on my first character and I'm currently going around scooping up hero points, I'm a Mesmer. A lot of guides tell me to aim for certain armour but is that still relevant with the expansion out soon. Furthermore is there like, gap armour, I should get (seeing as I'm mostly in 60/70 pieces).

A lot of the newbie guides on Reddit etc just seem to say "aim for x!" But don't contain much context on how. (forgive me for the "80 now what do" post)
Depends mostly on the kind of mesmer you want to play. Generally, you want power/precision/ferocity for strait damage or condition damage/precision if using conditions for damage. Vitality, toughness, and healing power are nice to have but not needed. Run them if you have trouble surviving content.

Orrian karma vendors will sell level 80 exotic armor of varying stats.

Alternatively, you can craft or buy whatever armor you want on the trade post.

Necro getting nerfed before release.

Classic Anet, thanks.

All other elites seem to have gotten buffs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2..._all_the_new_elites_have_been_posted/dnabzim/

Mirage is better but still a mess.

1. I think GW2 is a game that really benefits the more classes and stat combinations you have. I'm guessing said guide is telling you to get Berserker's armor and weapons. And even if those aren't "meta" that stat combination is always great to have on hand on all classes so you might as well grab it.

1a. You can buy, craft, and earn Berserker's items. I recommend looking for a set of armor on the TP called "Zhed's ____". It's Berseker's stat but much cheaper than the crafted stuff. Assassins' Stats gear might be a bit better in this particular scenario but I don't think the difference is really all that huge. You can also do stuff like Karma vendors and the Heart of Thorns maps for gear.

1b. You're going to want a Force and Accuracy sigils for your weapons. As a mesmer you're going to be using Sword mainhand pretty much all the time, alternating between focus/sword/pistol offhand. If your chronomancer you're sword+shield/sword+focus like 90% of the time.

1c. Most guides are going to recommend Scholar Runes for you armor and they're right but you might want more experience before running scholars so it's probably best to run Eagle Runes for the time being. They're not that much worse than scholars, you don't have to worry about keeping your health above 90% and are much much cheaper.

2. Other than that I would wait for the dust to settle from the expansion before trying anything else. But this set up will always get the job done.

Stalk

Depends mostly on the kind of mesmer you want to play. Generally, you want power/precision/ferocity for strait damage or condition damage/precision if using conditions for damage. Vitality, toughness, and healing power are nice to have but not needed. Run them if you have trouble surviving content.

Orrian karma vendors will sell level 80 exotic armor of varying stats.

Alternatively, you can craft or buy whatever armor you want on the trade post.

1. I think GW2 is a game that really benefits the more classes and stat combinations you have. I'm guessing said guide is telling you to get Berserker's armor and weapons. And even if those aren't "meta" that stat combination is always great to have on hand on all classes so you might as well grab it.

1a. You can buy, craft, and earn Berserker's items. I recommend looking for a set of armor on the TP called "Zhed's ____". It's Berseker's stat but much cheaper than the crafted stuff. Assassins' Stats gear might be a bit better in this particular scenario but I don't think the difference is really all that huge. You can also do stuff like Karma vendors and the Heart of Thorns maps for gear.

1b. You're going to want a Force and Accuracy sigils for your weapons. As a mesmer you're going to be using Sword mainhand pretty much all the time, alternating between focus/sword/pistol offhand. If your chronomancer you're sword+shield/sword+focus like 90% of the time.

1c. Most guides are going to recommend Scholar Runes for you armor and they're right but you might want more experience before running scholars so it's probably best to run Eagle Runes for the time being. They're not that much worse than scholars, you don't have to worry about keeping your health above 90% and are much much cheaper.

2. Other than that I would wait for the dust to settle from the expansion before trying anything else. But this set up will always get the job done.

Thanks for the answers :) Those actually clear up some confusion I was having, actually grabbed Zhed gear this morning since it looked... rightish. Now I need to get myself some weapons.

Is GMG the cheapest place to get PoF?

I saw it on cdkeys.com for £20, gmg has it for £22.

Stuart444

Any of you guys using the gamepad? Just tried it for the first time with the latest update Hawkian provided and it starts in pointer mode and I can't figure out how to turn it off. I think it used to be the back button but now that brings up the option to log off the game or switch characters. I guess there wasn't a binding list with the latest update or maybe I missed it. I don't remember the link to double check if I just missed the list.

You need to hit it manually now with the default action camera button (F9 I think?)

Or you can do what I did and modify Xpadder yourself. Just change all instances of the Back button being F12 to F9 and it should be fixed.

I didn't see much reason to stop playing reaper spec before, and certainly don't see one now.

Well Scourge looks fun so that's a reason? Plus if you use Arcdps for it's Build Template functionality then it's effortless to switch between Reaper/Scourge.

I mean it's more sickening that the official forums are full of yes-men.

I read the whole Scourge thread on the official forums. Majority dislike the Scourge changes so I wouldn't say it's full of yes-men.

Thanks for the answers :) Those actually clear up some confusion I was having, actually grabbed Zhed gear this morning since it looked... rightish. Now I need to get myself some weapons.

I saw it on cdkeys.com for £20, gmg has it for £22.

cdkeys is not an approved retailer and purchasing from them can lead to your account being permanently banned.

Massicot

Uhm.. Not sure because I'm pretty sure Anet does not like these cd key resellers and is pretty ban happy about it. But I don't know what sites Anet deems a legit cd key seller or not.

According to their website:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

Amazon
Best Buy
DLGamer
GameStop
NewEgg
Wal-Mart

To be honest. I would use GMG in a heartbeat if it was any other game. But I wouldn't risk an account of an online game.

I did see this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterra...mangaming_banned_from_rgamedeals_for_selling/

"We have reached out to several publishers and would like you to know that GMG is authorized to sell from some publishers such as: Electronic Arts, Bethesda, ArenaNET/NCSoft (despite not being on the Guild Wars 2 retailers page)"

But I wouldn't even take a fractional risk on my account.

Stalk

cdkeys is not an approved retailer and purchasing from them can lead to your account being permanently banned.

I appreciate what you're saying but it was an issue with them like once upon a time and never again. I've never had a single issue with keys from there personally ranging back over a five year period. A lot of the noise about them is incredibly overblown :/

(I didn't buy sniper elite 3 from them). I mean GMG got done for buying stolen keys once upon a time too.

Massicot

I appreciate what you're saying but it was an issue with them like once upon a time and never again. I've never had a single issue with keys from there personally ranging back over a five year period. A lot of the noise about them is incredibly overblown :/

(I didn't buy sniper elite 3 from them). I mean GMG got done for buying stolen keys once upon a time too.

I agree with you in principle: I wouldn't put cdkeys on the same tier as garbage like G2A and I have purchased several games from them that were never rescinded. Most of the time these sites take advantage of regional keys and favorable exchange rates, which is a grey area.

But for an MMO with your account at risk, however small, is it really worth saving a couple bucks?

You still see people every couple of days on GW2 reddit saying "Hey I bought a key from CD keys last week and got banned."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom