• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: A space related game might be revealed at the PS4 Spike TV event tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

Marc

Please be a Space Sim RPG!! The ultimate yet to be made game for console. :D

ORRR.... Bushido Blade....IIIIINNNN.... SPPAAAAACE!!!! With unlockable star wars characters as EA and Disney can be bought for pennies, those slutty huge/cheap companies.

I'm going to be disappointed if this ends up being Zone of the Enders.

I agree not just with ZOE, but if it's any old franchise save some long forgotten one from the 90s. This new gen launch is boringly full of sequels. There is more been-there-done-that than than new sights.

Dear game companies, I've already seen these same characters and gameplay for 8 years. Give me new crap. Make new crap or you'll kill momentum for the industry. New franchises please. Don't launch a new gen with old gen crap. I won't get a new console for 4 years at this rate.

Back on topic: The space thing is a red herring. The Last Guardian.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Am now cry.

He said "bringing back". That sounds like something that has been gone for a while.

He didn't phrase it like that at all actually :/ The info in the OP is fairly inaccurate vs what was actually said.

Literally this is what he said about the franchise in question:

Kevin: I got a little inside secret

Brian: Uh-oh

Kevin: About a certain franchise that Sony has

Emily: Is this going to be announced on Thursday because I heard a thing that might be announced Thursday

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony’s favourite franchises?

Emily: Hmm-hmm.

Brian: Oh no

Emily: Oh yeah!

Kevin: Is this an area we have charted before in our discussion?

Emily: <laughs> <claps>

RaikuHebi

Banned
Interesting? I wonder if they're updating an original before working on a next gen sequel?

Also - I know it was probably shut down - but wasn't there a 4chan rumour that a game called Gravity Crash was going to be announced tonight?
Gravity...Crash?
0.jpg

He didn't phrase it like that at all actually :/ The info in the OP is fairly inaccurate vs what was actually said.

Emily: Is this going to be announced on Thursday because I heard a thing that might be announced Thursday

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony&#8217;s favourite franchises?

Thanks.

Tulerian

Just in case it's important, he said 'Sony' exclusive, not 'Playstation'.

It could be a game that was on any of their platforms, from PC to PSP.

I still think Star Wars Galaxies... (even if they operate it as a franchise if they no longer have the original rights/Lucasarts deal)

Makes sense as they were in the process of dumbing down the combat before it closed. Also they have hinted that the Planetside 2 engine is said to be being used in more than just Everquest...

belvedere

Junior Butler

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony&#8217;s favourite franchises?

So it's Uncharted/ND.

Now I have to stay up and watch this, hoping for a Colony Wars revival here.

I usually find that staying up for these things is a waste of time. I'll catch up with all the news I've missed tomorrow morning - and besides, if it's 11pm tonight by EST, it won't be happening until about 4am tomorrow morning UK time.

Anyone know what any of the factor 5 guys are up to now?.. would be a perfect fit for a colony wars reboot..

Uh, the company shut down. I don't know if any others rose from the ashes or whatever, but Factor closed a long time back now, probably more than 5 years.

Kevin:I got a little inside secret

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony’s favourite franchises?

That really stuck out for me. Uncharted --> Naughty Dog --> Savage Starlight?

BadAss2961

I know people want a real SHOCKING announcement, but all the rumors from weeks ago to now seem to point to Uncharted in space. lol

Interesting? I wonder if they're updating an original before working on a next gen sequel?

Also - I know it was probably shut down - but wasn't there a 4chan rumour that a game called Gravity Crash was going to be announced tonight?

We already announced "Gravity Crash ULTRA" for VITA and I can tell you now we're not announcing another "Gravity Crash" ... yet ;)

tensuke

Uncharted, Savage Starlight, or ZOE are my guesses. But Sony can bring back Threads of Fate and stick it in space if they want, that's cool.
why square why

GodofWine

Id be happy with a ps3 to ps4 warhawk port...i miss you warhawk.

I dont know much about colony wars or savage starlight, will research tonight.

Banderas in Space

KoopaTheCasual

I'm going to be disappointed if this ends up being Zone of the Enders.
I can't believe this is a sentiment right now. If a couple months ago someone leaked a Zone of Enders revival, people would be losing their shit. But now it's suddenly not good anymore? =/

So, anyone think they're going to reveal more than one new game tonight?

If you include the Street Fighter IV Ultra port and stuff like that as new games? Without a doubt. If you mean multiple Sony WWS AAA exclusives, ehhh I don't know.

Runekiller

Neo Member
Uncharted is a modern day Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones 4 was about aliens. Uncharted 4 is about space/aliens. Seems confirmed to me!

Honestly hoping for Jak and Daxter, but I won't get my hopes up.

H6rdc0re

Banned
It's obviously Rachet and Clanck. Seeing how it's a generation bringing back just might mean bringing it to the next generation. I'm hoping for Colony Wars.

synce

Big, exclusive, bring back... Only Crash comes to mind, although it's hardly something to get excited over IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom